Lost Ark Online

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm having a shitload of fun with the Glaivier, got her to 1350.
Personally wasn't too excited about it, and after playing her I'm glad I wasn't waiting on it or something cause while I don't dislike it, I don't really like it either. Was considering having her replace one of my other alt at 1340 but figured it'd be a waste of ressources and I'll just stick to my blade/bard(the 2 I considered switching).

Waiting on summoner/arcana/artist now, likely after Destroyer either arcana or summoner will be added.

Currently I'm in this weird spot where I feel like I should just take a break until Valtan, but I also feel if I take a break now I won't be motivated to play again when Valtan releases, and then I'll fall behind. Like I could come back once Vykas releases instead(hopefully in june) and wouldn't be too too far behind, but still somewhat far and would have missed the occasion of selling early overpriced accessories to whales. Maybe I'll hone to 1430 and just take a break until Vykas.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Glavier's are amazing if played correctly, which represents 0.001% of the Lost Ark population. They require a lot more attention and knowledge than most classes, ergo, every single group with one at present is a shit tier player who makes the PUG experience miserable.

Surprised that more people aren't talking about the rather amazing news: SG has apparently removed the ability to connect via VPN, which is huge for stopping bots. Basing myself on reddit (which is always a potential issue) but it seems that this has significantly impacted to bot trains.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Glavier's are amazing if played correctly, which represents 0.001% of the Lost Ark population. They require a lot more attention and knowledge than most classes, ergo, every single group with one at present is a shit tier player who makes the PUG experience miserable.

Surprised that more people aren't talking about the rather amazing news: SG has apparently removed the ability to connect via VPN, which is huge for stopping bots. Basing myself on reddit (which is always a potential issue) but it seems that this has significantly impacted to bot trains.
Yeah, honestly a really good move that I'm surprised they made. I can't wait for all the, "WAAAAHHHH!!! I CONNECT VIA A DOLPHIN TUNNEL FROM A REMOTE ISLAND IN THE PACIFIC AND NEED A VPN TO PLAY!!!".

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Go to the inn in North Vern it hasn't accomplished shit.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Glaiviers rule. ;] I personally am hyped to see what kind of damage I can pump w/ 3/3/3/3+ setup with all the fixins. Currently only running a 3/3/2/1, but it still feels good to play just squishy af.

asdfasdf.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wish there was some type of filter in PVE matchmaking for skill level. Went into a Night Fox and the guys with me burned all the revives in the first few minutes. And then all died. So I figured I'd try to solo it. Eventually gave up and it still had 20% hp. So not only did they all die, they apparently did fuck all damage.

I'm just pissed I wasted so many potions. Should've just said fuck it.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, honestly a really good move that I'm surprised they made. I can't wait for all the, "WAAAAHHHH!!! I CONNECT VIA A DOLPHIN TUNNEL FROM A REMOTE ISLAND IN THE PACIFIC AND NEED A VPN TO PLAY!!!".
It kinda hasn't done shit to bots, but did remove any ppl who played from unsupported regions until they find whatever the bots are using to work around it. Don't think it was a particularly good move. Ultimately they still needed to be firmer on banning buyers and that would have curbed it a fair bit. There's a reason there's queues on NA west from all the bots, there's so many buyers they have to run a shit ton of bots just to keep up with the demand.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Har. #notmybard

Only time I've ever had a support in my group on Argos was on my zerker and no one had even died. Pretty sure that one did take almost 19:52 second hah =D

adffdas.png

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's definitely not doing shit on West Coast. Vern/Luterra still have an endless stream of bots questing / sitting at chaos dungeon.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's definitely not doing shit on West Coast. Vern/Luterra still have an endless stream of bots questing / sitting at chaos dungeon.
7k queue on Mari today at 7am. Pretty sure I'm going to shelve this until Valtan, since AGS could fuck up a wet dream. They need to make the game cost $19.99 and it'd slowly take care of the bot problem.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
They don't realize what it takes too actually ban VPN...

I played for a bit.. but god damn the bots were bad, besides I don't even have the time now a days too run multiple char's anymore =/

Since AGS could fuck up a wet dream. They need to make the game cost $19.99 and it'd slowly take care of the bot problem.

Agree, although if anything New World shows it doesn't matter if it costs $ they'll still buy it up just for the chance at that easy gold money *shrug*

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
7k queue on Mari today at 7am. Pretty sure I'm going to shelve this until Valtan, since AGS could fuck up a wet dream. They need to make the game cost $19.99 and it'd slowly take care of the bot problem.

If fucking EQ could hire a staff of GMs 30 fucking years ago with the budget they had then its goddamn absurd to think a company the size of Amazon can't do the same. All these faggot dipshit companies want to automate everything but they can't because they are stupid. If they don't fix it then I hope it straight up kills the game to New World levels.

This only works in Korea because they get a social credit system crammed up their asshole and if they fuck up their account they get a dose of turbo aids and perma bans.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If fucking EQ could hire a staff of GMs 30 fucking years ago with the budget they had then its goddamn absurd to think a company the size of Amazon can't do the same. All these faggot dipshit companies want to automate everything but they can't because they are stupid. If they don't fix it then I hope it straight up kills the game to New World levels.

This only works in Korea because they get a social credit system crammed up their asshole and if they fuck up their account they get a dose of turbo aids and perma bans.

Pretty compelling argument put forth by Asmon that a good 100-200k daily LA players are bots.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
I disagree with some of the underlining premises that he builds on for his numbers, albeit obviously there is a significant bot problem (AGS even admitted they expected us to see a serious population drop when they did their unsuccessful VPN ban). For me, this is clearly the most healthy population MMO to come out in a long time -- as someone who is playing quite a few characters, the basis for that is rather simple: I queue at all times for a myriad of content (example: I just queued two boss rushes on separate characters on a Monday morning and both instantly pop'd). I've not waited longer than a minute or two for anything queue wise, which is never the case for an MMO after the first month. The game has a healthy population with the best content coming out soon - seems like a no brainer to me that AGS needs to prioritize the removal of the bots alongside adding the QOL improvements as a priority and those of us enjoying the game can continue to do so for a nice long while.

• 1Dislike

Madikus

Knows nothing.
I disagree with some of the underlining premises that he builds on for his numbers, albeit obviously there is a significant bot problem (AGS even admitted they expected us to see a serious population drop when they did their unsuccessful VPN ban). For me, this is clearly the most healthy population MMO to come out in a long time -- as someone who is playing quite a few characters, the basis for that is rather simple: I queue at all times for a myriad of content (example: I just queued two boss rushes on separate characters on a Monday morning and both instantly pop'd). I've not waited longer than a minute or two for anything queue wise, which is never the case for an MMO after the first month. The game has a healthy population with the best content coming out soon - seems like a no brainer to me that AGS needs to prioritize the removal of the bots alongside adding the QOL improvements as a priority and those of us enjoying the game can continue to do so for a nice long while.
I'll echo this. I have 6 characters in T3 at various stages and I queue at all hours and days with no delay.

• 1Dislike

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuckin game is a bit too addicting. Don't have a lot of time to play games and this one is taking all of it. Have 3 years of xbox game pass going to waste, etc.

• 1Like