Lost Ark Online

Jox

Molten Core Raider
I disagree with some of the underlining premises that he builds on for his numbers, albeit obviously there is a significant bot problem (AGS even admitted they expected us to see a serious population drop when they did their unsuccessful VPN ban). For me, this is clearly the most healthy population MMO to come out in a long time -- as someone who is playing quite a few characters, the basis for that is rather simple: I queue at all times for a myriad of content (example: I just queued two boss rushes on separate characters on a Monday morning and both instantly pop'd). I've not waited longer than a minute or two for anything queue wise, which is never the case for an MMO after the first month. The game has a healthy population with the best content coming out soon - seems like a no brainer to me that AGS needs to prioritize the removal of the bots alongside adding the QOL improvements as a priority and those of us enjoying the game can continue to do so for a nice long while.
There's a 3-5 minute wait, or sometimes the queue doesn't even pop if you do any of the t1-t2 non farm guardians. What that tells me is it's just people playing alts and no new players.

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
There's a 3-5 minute wait, or sometimes the queue doesn't even pop if you do any of the t1-t2 non farm guardians. What that tells me is it's just people playing alts and no new players.

I just tried:

1- Flame Fox Yoho (52 seconds)
2- Icy Legoros (9 seconds)
3- Vertus (1 minute 8 seconds)
4- Calventus (instant pop)
5- Helgaia (instant pop)

Which I feel fits your criteria of non farm t1-t2 guardians and again, it's noon on a Monday.

Any new player would be greeted by a Feiton pass (a friend just started last week and had it immediately) and would thus be skipping to the end of T2, so I was actually expecting to see longer wait times (not by virtue of the fact that there are no new players but rather because there was a skip over that content provided <2 weeks ago).

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I disagree with some of the underlining premises that he builds on for his numbers, albeit obviously there is a significant bot problem (AGS even admitted they expected us to see a serious population drop when they did their unsuccessful VPN ban). For me, this is clearly the most healthy population MMO to come out in a long time -- as someone who is playing quite a few characters, the basis for that is rather simple: I queue at all times for a myriad of content (example: I just queued two boss rushes on separate characters on a Monday morning and both instantly pop'd). I've not waited longer than a minute or two for anything queue wise, which is never the case for an MMO after the first month. The game has a healthy population with the best content coming out soon - seems like a no brainer to me that AGS needs to prioritize the removal of the bots alongside adding the QOL improvements as a priority and those of us enjoying the game can continue to do so for a nice long while.
Asmon never claims the game doesn't have a "healthy" population. In fact, he even admits it does. They aren't mutually exclusive.

The issue is, how long is that sustainable before people start noping the fuck out? I've already shelved the game for the foreseeable future, not because I don't enjoy the game, but because the Western region has 5k+ queues at 2am Pacific. How long do you think players are going to put up with sitting in 2-3 hour queues every night after work? For many, that's their entire playtime window.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have to admit if the East Coast had ques like that, I would also be taking a break. Its inexcusable and if a company cannot deal with it, then they deserve to shut down. Since there are no laws that hold companies accountable for obvious issues, then the paying player must. I realize that the game is free to a point, but if that free cost is a cause for a massive BoT issue that then leads to long ques, then start CHARGING for the game. I would rather pay a game price and not have issues than play a free game and have to deal with what the West Coast is apparently having to deal with.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
If they are going to ban VPNs then they should also be banning all non NA connections to NA servers, I don't see the point of doing one without the other. Will some legit players get hit? Probably. Sucks to be them, stick to your own servers.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Asmon never claims the game doesn't have a "healthy" population. In fact, he even admits it does. They aren't mutually exclusive.

The issue is, how long is that sustainable before people start noping the fuck out? I've already shelved the game for the foreseeable future, not because I don't enjoy the game, but because the Western region has 5k+ queues at 2am Pacific. How long do you think players are going to put up with sitting in 2-3 hour queues every night after work? For many, that's their entire playtime window.

Don't understand, why are west coast servers so afflicted (with queues) and the east coast are not? Usually east coast servers are more popular.

I play east coast servers in mmos for the healthy pops, even though I live on the west coast.

Cybsled

The comparison between TF2 and LA was the biggest gotcha. Most games followed predictable day/night cycles in terms of population peaks and valleys with approximately the same variance. He even included games popular in Europe, like DOTA and CS.

TF2 and LA had much less variance, which helps support the massive bot population hypothesis

Ladro

Anomaly
Don't understand, why are west coast servers so afflicted (with queues) and the east coast are not? Usually east coast servers are more popular.

I play east coast servers in mmos for the healthy pops, even though I live on the west coast.
Geographic proximity to China I imagine. Plus OCE region availability.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>

The only reasonable explanation is that the demand for gold is high enough that they need to run that many bots there just to keep their supplies up. Considering, besides actually banning properly, Amazon has done an ok job at nerfing the ways bots make gold, they need more and more bots to generate the same gold, and I'd assume NA west is for some reason filled with more ppl willing to buy gold(california? chinese players playing there?). It doesn't make much sense for only this region to be fucked, and you can also clearly see they have a larger amounts of gold in circulation(from botting sources that do generate gold), because all their shit is more expensive than other servers.

Slapping a cost on the game wouldn't help that much I think, it'd just make the price of RMT gold go up as companies need to make that money back, but if there's buyers there's gonna be sellers, and since the game has a very obvious gold > gear progression system, you're gonna have people buying gold naturally. It might reduce some of the bot spam as farmers will probably want to make more efficient bots instead of throwaway accounts, so they'll work on being less conscpicious and farm higher end stuff, so it'd still help with queues probably.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Definitely mega whales and buyers here on west. I consistently see new 1490s all over Valtan with full 10 gems etc. and our crystal->gold conversion has been double for two weeks straight.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also for ppl who don't follow news, Roxx(CM) confirmed Destroyer would release with the most recent balance changes(the stuff they patched last week in KR that makes the class less shit to play). No confirmation they'll be patching the other balance changes or if they're splitting it up for "content" or whatever. Also tentatively mentionned Valtan is still planned for may and that we should get confirmation "early this month", which really doesn't fucking mean anything but eh.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
I got tricked into playing this game, tapped out at 1400 on my GL most everyone else is like 1370 or 1350 and quit due to the honing system. So its like wtf am I doing playing a game without my friends and running argos shit with pugs. What a great game ruined by a stupid fucking upgrade system.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider

Has more to do with the routing of the Net from overseas ...

And I'm gonna laugh if they ever actually ban Out of Country connections, I wonder how fast the servers will empty out at that point...

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
oops
1651644214240.png

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I bought someones skin chest for 100g one time when it was going for 10k. I even felt bad, must suck for whomever did that ;[

Been a little busy this week so I've been slacking on finishing the gunlancer, but now I've got the whole squad T3. That was my main goal for pre valtan and I am so glad to never do another Punika again (5 more S. Verns to go). Going to push scrapper to 1400, zerker has enough leaps to hit 1385 even with shit luck and then Arty/Sorc/DB all theoretically have enough bound leapstones to hit 1370 if I don't get RNG'd. Then after that hopefully we get Valtan dates and I can decide to push higher on glaivier/scrapper or keep working all the alts to 1370. 9 char rested rotation is pretty nice. <1 hour a day 3 at a time and 1 poopsock day to do argos/dungeons makes the mats rain from the heavens.

Screenshot_220504_134326.jpg

• 1Mother of God
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
how do you like scrapper versus deadeye?

I have to decide between my scrapper and my gunslinger, i kinda like the gunslinger more, but I really suck with her, my DPS on gunslinger is absolutely terrible and I don't even know what I'm doing wrong, but scrapper feels fun to me, stomping around with earthquake chain and dragon advent. Do the balance changes on KR really help out scrapper to be more viable?

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Personally I find scrapper to be one of the most enjoyable classes in the game. Tanky, solid damage, good utility and both specs are fun. Plus one of the bis weapon glows in the game if you dig that =D

Deadeye is still not at the point where I think it can shine (can't gear for high enough stat break points/no set pieces) and I play pistoleer to keep it braindead as possible and get on/off quickly. It's also squishy as fuck and the fact that literally every god damn thing you do moves you is extremely annoying to me.

The KR updates will make scrapper even better as they got a lot of flat damage increases that don't require timing your +atk power/speed anymore to your burst and as I mostly play shock so it's great for me.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
How the fuck are you getting that many guardian stones? =D My Glaivier is out of mats at 1362.

I guess it's critical to be rolling alts?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I bought someones skin chest for 100g one time when it was going for 10k. I even felt bad, must suck for whomever did that ;[

Been a little busy this week so I've been slacking on finishing the gunlancer, but now I've got the whole squad T3. That was my main goal for pre valtan and I am so glad to never do another Punika again (5 more S. Verns to go). Going to push scrapper to 1400, zerker has enough leaps to hit 1385 even with shit luck and then Arty/Sorc/DB all theoretically have enough bound leapstones to hit 1370 if I don't get RNG'd. Then after that hopefully we get Valtan dates and I can decide to push higher on glaivier/scrapper or keep working all the alts to 1370. 9 char rested rotation is pretty nice. <1 hour a day 3 at a time and 1 poopsock day to do argos/dungeons makes the mats rain from the heavens.

View attachment 411036

You defiantly got me beat, I would have had my Zerker at 1370 this week but Lost Ark decided to fuck my asshole raw with honing. I still have my express pass unused as well as my feiton powerpass available but I have been putting adding a couple more alts into the line until everything is at 1340 at least.

Screenshot_220504_224303.jpg