Lost Ark Online

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Ban wave would have little effect on queues. Not like bots get banned and just stop, they remake and are right back in.

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started puggin Argos tonight. Fight not hard, even for a bad like me. But gd the no health bar shit is annoying as fuck.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Amazon must have done something server side, last night and now this morning the queues are completely gone.

3k queue on US west Akkan as of post. It was a 6k queue 7 hours ago. For reference, it's midday here in Australia.

Jox

Molten Core Raider
Well then, who knows. Was 6k queue yesterday on US west Enviska and 0 queue today.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Burned through my weeklies on all chars so I decided to do the excavating maps I've been crafting for S. Vern. Overall I had worse RNG than Punika where I profited around 18k when material and mastercraft boxes were lower price. I'll make roughly 12k profit off this set of maps with the front loaded cost of 27k to craft so overall a pretty good gamble again.

I got fucked by 2 DCs that ate two of my maps which were definitely going to be masterwork craft boxes. ;] Overall I would say just do Punika as there wasn't much of a difference in the small stuff and it's slightly cheaper in craft costs. Again I don't think any sort of +gooder tools or dog does anything to help with rates or it's so marginal you would never notice. What you get from the chests are pure RNG. This is definitely the last time I do this until they release another tier =D

View attachment 411406
Either your rng is insanely good or mine is horribad. Both? I've done maybe 200 t3 maps and I've had only one legendary kit drop.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Either your rng is insanely good or mine is horribad. Both? I've done maybe 200 t3 maps and I've had only one legendary kit drop.

Mine is probably pretty good, but yours seems super bad. I average both mastercraft/expert kits 1 in 40 out of the 300 something I've done. I've had really good luck with platinum tickets too. 36 at last count. I'm swimming in flowers from solo running them.

Just need that luck for honing =0

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
Feel free to kick me out of the guild if you guys need room (if I'm even still in it). Went on vacation for a week, then got back and decided to try out Elden Ring... 3 weeks later still playing that whenever I have time. Have a ton of plans this summer as well, so I just don't see myself getting back on anytime soon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The West bot situation and queues is completely unacceptable and fucking retarded. The fact that people here are quitting because of it (when our tolerance for stupid is higher than most places) highlights this.

So I feel bad when I say that there's about 50 posts from me before launch talking about East being the superior place to roll and that anyone (including those on the West coast) should roll Regulus as the server selection would be the best place to play even with a high ping. Well, I feel a little bad but given the amount of complaints people had at launch scared that the server would be queue heavy when it turned out to be the perfect balance of good population and no queues, I do get to gloat about this one.

While my perspective is obviously quite pro LA, this patch is a huge deal and a great sign. We're effectively getting;

1- Valtan (normal & hard) to provide actual meaningful progression content to work towards as a guild.
2- A new class (with the re-work, Destroyer is actually fun to play imo).
3- The balance changes (there's a few extra 'I told you so's from me when I said we'd get them with Valtan in May).
4- Quality of life improvements (at last!!)
5- Challenge Guardian raids (more content and extra mats)

Not sure how anyone can look at these patch notes and think that it's anything short of being pretty much exactly what was needed.

Friendly reminder: We are still looking for 2-4 additional folks that want to play with the guild. If you're re-rolling from West, hit me up and I'll carry you through any of the content you need and assist with materials.
East coast servers are usually the most packed (with queues) in typical mmo launches. So going to a west coast server at launch is typically the best option for skipping that mess. And if you pvp the ping for local servers is always better.

Seems like the bot issue is what really messed this up.

I still think it's better to go east coast servers if you think you will be playing a new mmo a long time. Their populations tend to stay healthy. Can be rough at launch, but over time it usually settles out. If they ever figure out the bot issue in Lost Ark that will probably still be true.

And Regulus has been a great server. You all got that right this time.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
East coast servers are usually the most packed (with queues) in typical mmo launches. So going to a west coast server at launch is typically the best option for skipping that mess. And if you pvp the ping for local servers is always better.

Seems like the bot issue is what really messed this up.

I still think it's better to go east coast servers if you think you will be playing a new mmo a long time. Their populations tend to stay healthy. Can be rough at launch, but over time it usually settles out. If they ever figure out the bot issue in Lost Ark that will probably still be true.

And Regulus has been a great server. You all got that right this time.
The real fucking dipshit problem is that AGS refuses to have a central data center/server. So if you're a West Coast player, you have to deal with 200+ ping if you want to play with the East Coast shitters. Which in most games isn't that big of a deal, but Lost Ark is a game where you have to make 1 sec or less decisions at times. It applies more consistently in PvP, but even certain boss mechanics require near instant movement.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The real fucking dipshit problem is that AGS refuses to have a central data center/server. So if you're a West Coast player, you have to deal with 200+ ping if you want to play with the East Coast shitters. Which in most games isn't that big of a deal, but Lost Ark is a game where you have to make 1 sec or less decisions at times. It applies more consistently in PvP, but even certain boss mechanics require near instant movement.

Huh? I am in vegas. I am playing on regulus with the rest. I usually sit around 70-100ms. Sometimes dips under 70 or 100 on rare occasions.

I'm also a LM shitter just for booze :p Sorry class I have most fun with that I have tried, don't care about being the top tier specs. :p

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Huh? I am in vegas. I am playing on regulus with the rest. I usually sit around 70-100ms. Sometimes dips under 70 or 100 on rare occasions.
Good for you that you live in a shithole city with access to decent internet? Some of us live more rural. I ping 70ish to Mari and 160-180 to Regulus when I tried it.

Like I said, in most MMOs 160-180 ping isn't really noticeable. In a game like LA, it's very noticeable.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Good for you that you live in a shithole city with access to decent internet? Some of us live more rural. I ping 70ish to Mari and 160-180 to Regulus when I tried it.

Like I said, in most MMOs 160-180 ping isn't really noticeable. In a game like LA, it's very noticeable.

So really its a "you" problem, and not "west coast players".

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
So really its a "you" problem, and not "west coast players".
Yeah, my bad. I forgot AGS is a stupendous company with a great track record. There really is no point in having centrally located servers in a game which services thousands of players across the country.

Good point, I can see where I was wrong.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, my bad. I forgot AGS is a stupendous company with a great track record. There really is no point in having centrally located servers in a game which services thousands of players across the country.

Good point, I can see where I was wrong.

I am just confused. First you blame AGS and all west coast players deal with it. Then say its your shitty Rural ISP. Which is it?

Though I am shocked nothing based in texas or chicago. Maybe they think its redundant.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Same complaints we saw in New World. Somehow the largest server hosting company in the country can't be assed to utilize that infrastructure for their own products.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I am just confused. First you blame AGS and all west coast players deal with it. Then say its your shitty Rural ISP. Which is it?
And your claim is that your anecdotal exception invalidates the rule that plenty of West Coast players ping like ass to AGS' Eastern data center?

If the ping is so amazing, why did AGS even spin up West Coast servers at all then? They could've saved a ton of money by forcing everyone to play on the East Coast servers.