Lost Ark Online

Voldeth

Trakanon Raider
Grats on 60 =D. Hell cube or au naturel? I'm seeing quite a few pop up lately and they all seem to be doing the cube which would probably make me quit after the first hour.
Au naturel. Would rather commit suicide than do that shit.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hit 1415 on hammerbro yesterday, competed normal valtan today. Feels good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Causey

Molten Core Raider
Are bots still a major issue? Que times were killing me back in March on Valtan and I eventually stopped playing around 1350 ilevel. Cba to sit in 7 hour ques.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Are bots still a major issue? Que times were killing me back in March on Valtan and I eventually stopped playing around 1350 ilevel. Cba to sit in 7 hour ques.

Causey where you been (it's dennis) :]

Ques mostly in the Asia hours, but fairly low or gone by around 7-8AM for the most part. Haven't noticed evening ques but I don't often play those hours.

You on Valtan? Come join my guild Conundrum. Think I have 2-3 spots open since it just leveled so should auto accept. If not I'll boot someone.

Causey

Molten Core Raider
Causey where you been (it's dennis) :]

Ques mostly in the Asia hours, but fairly low or gone by around 7-8AM for the most part. Haven't noticed evening ques but I don't often play those hours.

You on Valtan? Come join my guild Conundrum. Think I have 2-3 spots open since it just leveled so should auto accept. If not I'll boot someone.
I cleaned my discord up and lost track of almost everyone from FoH that I talked to. Yeah I rolled on Valtan on launch, I shot you a message with my disc info!

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think I may be throwing in the towel. I didn't log in two days ago and only una's yesterday. Logged in today with like 2 minutes before Thunderwings, did my bifrost, and the game gave me the can't connect to server error. I just said fuck it and didn't even try to log back in.

I realized that even when I was playing it all just felt like a job, checking off the daily activities that I was doing only to "keep up." I'm not particularly enjoying Argos anymore, which basically means the only content I actually enjoy is Valtan. I could spend a few hours grinding the daily shit to get one honing attempt and add 4.5% to my pity meter, and spending another 10 days likely to add a single point to my weapon just doesn't sound fun.

As much as I'd love to stick around for Vykas in another week or two, it's just more content that I knock out in a couple hours and then hate the rest of the week.

Maybe taking a week off will give me the spark to get back into it, but right now I just get annoyed as I wait the 5 minutes for the game to load knowing I don't actually want to do any of the content.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Take a break. I will take a day off from time to time.

I am just building up my blue crystal collection(40k and counting) in the hopes they come out with the +20% bump. It helps that I am leveling a Destroyer(The old boring fashion way) to throw off the daily routine. It is amazing how many Bots are running the leveling script. My main is holding at 1420 as I see no real reason besides hard mode to take him up anymore for the moment. I have seen a couple of players now with the +21 weapon(Pink and Gold). I do not think many new players are joining anymore. The game had its few moments but the system is just not attractive to most players in the US.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I think I may be throwing in the towel. I didn't log in two days ago and only una's yesterday. Logged in today with like 2 minutes before Thunderwings, did my bifrost, and the game gave me the can't connect to server error. I just said fuck it and didn't even try to log back in.

I realized that even when I was playing it all just felt like a job, checking off the daily activities that I was doing only to "keep up." I'm not particularly enjoying Argos anymore, which basically means the only content I actually enjoy is Valtan. I could spend a few hours grinding the daily shit to get one honing attempt and add 4.5% to my pity meter, and spending another 10 days likely to add a single point to my weapon just doesn't sound fun.

As much as I'd love to stick around for Vykas in another week or two, it's just more content that I knock out in a couple hours and then hate the rest of the week.

Maybe taking a week off will give me the spark to get back into it, but right now I just get annoyed as I wait the 5 minutes for the game to load knowing I don't actually want to do any of the content.

I understand that feeling in general. I have stayed pretty diligent with my main but I find myself playing the alts less and less. The slog to get content unlocked for alts is a little more than should be allowed, I would be more likely to care if my alts could do raids and have access to relic gear but at this point it all feels like chores.

Honestly you are so close to Vykas release you might as well get a kill or two in even if you take a break afterwards, but yeah hard wall you hit when upgrade chances move down into the single digits doesn't feel like it can be healthy for the longevity of the game.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I do not think many new players are joining anymore. The game had its few moments but the system is just not attractive to most players in the US.

Which is why its weird that the concurrent players has jumped up to over 800k...during the week no less.

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
I guess its bots. I started a char on US West and played up to 50 there. All my crystals are there from the level pack where you get crystals for every 10 levels. its already a pain in the ass to log over and rebuy the Aura each month, now there has been a 6000+ que on Bergstrom for a few days.

crazy that Amazon has server issues

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
ISBoxer + Inner Space + how many ever accounts you want to run at a single time = your bot population.

Its just as easy to run 1 bot, as it is to run 5 bots, as it is to run 10. In this games case I actually think the majority of bots out there are real players running them to supplement a main account vs 95% of bots being RMTs.

I personally got so tired of spending 100% of my available game play time to do Una / chaos, that I jumped on the bot train myself. Within a relative short time botting, I never had a gold / item / honing material shortage ever again.

After about 2 weeks of botting, 200k+ gold, and all the honing materials someone like me could possibly ever use....i just quit the game cold turkey. Several people I played with did the same thing and only admitted to it after they quit as well.

Fantastic game that hits a brick wall to where 95% of your game time is spent repeating very mundane and boring content in order to have fun 5% of the time.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ISBoxer + Inner Space + how many ever accounts you want to run at a single time = your bot population.

Its just as easy to run 1 bot, as it is to run 5 bots, as it is to run 10. In this games case I actually think the majority of bots out there are real players running them to supplement a main account vs 95% of bots being RMTs.

I personally got so tired of spending 100% of my available game play time to do Una / chaos, that I jumped on the bot train myself. Within a relative short time botting, I never had a gold / item / honing material shortage ever again.

After about 2 weeks of botting, 200k+ gold, and all the honing materials someone like me could possibly ever use....i just quit the game cold turkey. Several people I played with did the same thing and only admitted to it after they quit as well.

Fantastic game that hits a brick wall to where 95% of your game time is spent repeating very mundane and boring content in order to have fun 5% of the time.

Well damn. If you do not plan to play anymore, can I use all that honing material and gold? I would love to have all that stuff and get my main up to 1490+ as I am still playing the game. I considered just botting as well but that is a bit of work setting everything up I imagine for a person not experienced in the world of Botting.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Pretty sure some dude that joined my guild recently is botting (1400GS zerk/level 70 roster/level 5 stronghold) as every time I login I see him cycling in/out of a chaos dungeon for the entire duration of my playtime.

I hit 1445 on the scrapper with 2 of the 3 remaining pieces going to pity. Going to park there for a bit, get my remaining 3 1370/1385s to 1415 and rebuild funds again as 1445 and 1415 on 3rd char destroyed my gold pile from the comfy 100k+ I had.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Hearing everyone talk about botting along with seeing the gold inflation go crazy again blue crystals jumped up another to 800g for no real reason and the moronic choice to not provide a honing buff at 1460 I think I am going to try out the new raid and then shelve this game for a while. Pushing alts and shit seems pointless, maybe giving it a break for a while and coming back when they add reasonable honing options instead of slamming your dick into brick walls while watching everyone bot past you.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Fucking faggot game 830k concurrent players bot ban wave and it's back to 400k which is probably still inflated with bots. Their inaction on this shit is the only thing that truly disgusts me with this game.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just don't get it. Its the one major issue that is very obvious and not part of the game. They are a multi-billion dollar company. You can't hire a certain amount of GMs that rotate around the servers banning every single obvious bot,90% of them do not need a report to be caught? Not doing anything except waves every month or so(which does nothing as they remake and constantly sell off their stock) turns your 1 major problem into two, First the bots, 2nd your inaction.

I can understand the ones that try to hide their actions and such. But the line of zerkers in every 1-50 zone that are teleporting around and then the never ending stream sitting at the vern chaos dungeon entrance,those can be hit as you see them.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
It's gross incompetence at this point regardless of who to blame. Just popping into Vern for the weekly today I get the reminder of how bad it still is. Cumulatively across 20+ years of online gaming I've seen less bots than I do spending 5 minutes in any non T3 zone in LA. I am pretty ambivalent to the nerds botting chaos and at least trying to be private, but the public spaces being blatantly overrun this long after release is just stupid.

Logging in for reset day seems like the play for anyone already high enough for raids and burnt/burning out. It seems more and more it would have been better to just pick this up fresh a year+ from now when it's (hopefully) the game we see today in KR and I say that as someone who is overall still enjoying the game.

Fucking faggot game 830k concurrent players bot ban wave and it's back to 400k which is probably still inflated with bots. Their inaction on this shit is the only thing that truly disgusts me with this game.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They seem to be of the mind that players will either stick around for trickle content, or come back in droves for it. I don't know how they can be so out of touch.

Western audiences aren't coming back once they're lost. If someone was waiting for Scouter, or is an alt-a-holic and wanted the honing buff we already know is coming, they're probably going to burn out or just say fuck this. And once they do, they're not coming back ever.