Lost Girl

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
New season starts January 6th for Canadians and pirates like myself, Syfy will run it January 14th it seems, which is much sooner than I expected.

This is my ultimate guilty pleasure show. I absolutely love Kenzi, but every other female on the show is usually smoking hot as well. The stories can be a little cliche and even dumb at times, but I enjoy every single episode and watch it the moment it downloads.

A brief synopsis in case you haven't heard of it and wonder if you'll be interested: Bo is a succubus that didn't know what she was until recently, and now is sort of caught in the middle between light fae and dark fae (not just faeries, like goblins, werewolves, dryads, whatever you can think of), which often allows her to perform tasks for both of them since she's unaligned. Kenzi is her best friend and sidekick, and the love of my life. The dude who was the big bad werewolf in Underworld 3 started as a werewolf cop here first, and partners with a siren (male, not female) that can mesmerize people with his voice. And a midget dude who is more than he seems runs the bar that they all hang out at.

Anyway, check it out. You won't be blown away by any means, but it is a lot of fun if you don't nitpick.

EDIT to add pics:
This is Bo, the main character and succubus
rrr_img_4065.jpg

And this is Kenzi, spoilered for huge size
rrr_img_4066.jpg

Preview for Season 3:

rrr_img_4065.jpg

rrr_img_4066.jpg

Musab

Molten Core Raider
I too watch this show, if only for the female hotness. I'm hoping the writers step up their game this season though. The last few episodes were really bad.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This show isn't so bad, I admit I was watching it more for Kenzi at the beginning though. I also like Continuum I think that runs off the same channel/company.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Downloaded season 1 & 2 last year was pleasantly surprised. The lore behind the faerie world is pretty decent, well thought out. Bo and Kenzi have a good rapport making the show work. Plus a blood Mage is always a cool thing.

I haven't watched the American SYFY feed, was there much cut from the show?

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Downloaded season 1 & 2 last year was pleasantly surprised. The lore behind the faerie world is pretty decent, well thought out. Bo and Kenzi have a good rapport making the show work. Plus a blood Mage is always a cool thing.

I haven't watched the American SYFY feed, was there much cut from the show?
Not much that I saw, a little language perhaps, but not much beyond that I don't think, as there wasn't any blatant nudity anyway, just lots of really close think you're going to catch a glimpse scenes.

For fun, here is a video someone put together of a bunch of Kenzi's lines in Season 1. They aren't all of her funny lines by a longshot, but if you don't like her character after just watching this, you probably won't like the show much.

Lusiphur

Peasant
The writing took a steep dive in Season 2. They will really need to fix that. It's a shame because they have good characters and a decently realised world.

MartyrDumb_sl

shitlord
I'd heard of this show for awhile. Found the first season on Netflix. The women are hot. However there's sometimes too much gratuitous cleavage. I'll let that slide because she's a succubus though. Love Kenzi and Trick!

Cybsled

Kind of hoping they will explore more of the Dark Bo next season. I'm also kind of curious what Kenzi's accidental "gift" will end up being.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
New season starts tomorrow! Yay!

I don't anticipate this thread being super busy, but since the American airing is only a week later this time around, I would suggest keeping things in spoilers for that extra week if you happen to be Canadian or (like myself) can't wait and have to download it the moment it comes out. Unless a bunch of people object (not even sure a bunch of people actually watch), that seems like the reasonable thing to do.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Started watching this based on the thread, about halfway through Season 2. Really enjoy it and seems to get progressively better. There are about 1,000 similarities to the Dresden Files books, which doesn't bother me too much and I attribute to the fact that in the past 4 months I've read 11 of them. But some of it is really really close to plot devices, backstory, mythology, what have you. Also, ever since it occurred to me, just can't get over how much Lauren looks like Will Forte as Paul in 30 Rock. Trips me out and cannot unsee it now.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I'm so gay for this show. I even watched the 1-hour "Confaedential" special before the premiere. Nothing really too exciting there if you aren't a Twilight-level fan like me though.

First episode thoughts, not much in the way of actual spoilers but still hiding it because it talks about the story in general:
Pretty meh, seemed too confused and haphazard. This isn't a show that does well with trying to act like one thing is happening only to have us find out something else is actually going on, because they have such limited time to string us along. It wasn't even 5 minutes that they made us think one thing but then ruined it by giving away the "secret" and let us know what was really happening. But those first 5 minutes were fairly confusing due to it.

Aside from that, episode was just kinda there and nothing that I'll remember much in a few weeks. Except for the direction they are taking the relationships right off, which seemed to be the only real goal of this episode.

Not sure what to make of the "Dark Bo" at the end though, seemed a little tacked on but if it builds to something better it could be good.

Nowhere NEAR enough Kenzi this episode either
frown.png
That probably contributed to my lack of enthusiasm for the episode too.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
One more bump, and if no one cares I'll leave it alone until a finale or something extra special happens.

Just watched the third episode (will air for most of you next week) and thought it was a decent "silly" episode. I laughed quite a bit at certain scenes, in particular the Duran Duran one. Dyson's new partner has joined the club of super hot chicks on the show too. At times she's just ungodly hot, and at others she's just ok, probably because she's being a bitch, but all the actresses seem to have a bit of that fluctuation. Except Kenzi, because she's a goddess, and one day she will recognize the love I have for her!

As far as the new partner, we found that she is
a valkyrie, with whatever that entails. She said something along the lines of every time she likes someone she has to take them away. To valhalla I'd assume, but not sure how well it would work if she decided, for example, that Dyson was a badass warrior and needed to be in Valhalla, if he doesn't want to go. Maybe that's now how she works, but Bo even said that Tamzin's deep dark secret was really sad, so it might even be love related. You know, valkyrie falls in love with a true warrior, poof, to Valhalla he goes. Just speculating but it is nice to see yet another hot babe, who also adds a new dynamic to the group. I like her and what she will probably grow to become. Hopefully she sticks around and becomes part of the group too. They needed some dark fae on their side, and Vex isn't really cutting it right now.

Anyway, as always I enjoyed it and look forward to it each Sunday night.

Malkav

French Madman
Lauren drama sucks.
Hopefuly things will get back around Kenzy more after next week.

And god, I'd love me some threesome with Kenzy and Tamsin.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Lauren drama sucks.
Hopefuly things will get back around Kenzy more after next week.

And god, I'd love me some threesome with Kenzy and Tamsin.
I can get whole-heartedly behind every one of those statements. Lauren just seems like she's on the verge of crying practically every moment, and it really makes me dislike her. I like the actress, and she's hot, but fuck I want to punch her sometimes.

Definitely never enough Kenzi. "Hello, Wondersnatch, have we even met?"

Bummed that they will take off next week for the Super Bowl. I didn't know Canadians cared about our different sized fields, more downs, etc. (if I'm remembering my Canadian League shit right, might not be).

Musab

Molten Core Raider
This season started airing in Canada around September last year. Merica's schedule determines air dates on SyFy.
I agree 100% about Lauren. Every time there's a scene with her, I just want to blast her in the face.

Cybsled

I can get whole-heartedly behind every one of those statements. Lauren just seems like she's on the verge of crying practically every moment, and it really makes me dislike her. I like the actress, and she's hot, but fuck I want to punch her sometimes.

Definitely never enough Kenzi. "Hello, Wondersnatch, have we even met?"

Bummed that they will take off next week for the Super Bowl. I didn't know Canadians cared about our different sized fields, more downs, etc. (if I'm remembering my Canadian League shit right, might not be).
If they don't delay the US Lost Girl, then that means US + Canada will be more synced in terms of what episodes are airing. Episode 3 plays tonight in the US.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This season started airing in Canada around September last year. Merica's schedule determines air dates on SyFy.
I agree 100% about Lauren. Every time there's a scene with her, I just want to blast her in the face.
September? This season started the beginning of January in Canada, and Episode 4 was the 27th in Canada.

Basically what Cybsled said below, except I was half-jokingly shocked that the Super Bowl was that big in Canada where they would hold up a show like Lost Girl.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Only good thing about lauren is the lesbo sex she has inspired. This show needs to be on HBO.