Lost Girl

Cybsled

They skipped this week, because the show airs Sunday in Canada and it would have gone vs. the Oscars. They also don't want America getting the episode 1st ;(

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
does kenzi gain weight in the 2nd season? She is frighteningly thin in the first 5 episodes.

At the insistence of a friend, the woman and I watched the first episode of this a few nights ago. She fell asleep, and I fought the urge to play games on my phone until it was over. Does it get better? I don't know if the pilot was weak, or if I just wasn't in the right mood for the show. Cheesiness I can deal with, so that isn't really a factor.
If I didn't like the pilot, should I bother trying to continue?

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
I didn't think it did, but I only made it through 2 seasons. It kinda reminds me of Grimm with even worse story lines. If this could have been a Starz or similar channel series it could have been pretty good.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
At the insistence of a friend, the woman and I watched the first episode of this a few nights ago. She fell asleep, and I fought the urge to play games on my phone until it was over. Does it get better? I don't know if the pilot was weak, or if I just wasn't in the right mood for the show. Cheesiness I can deal with, so that isn't really a factor.
If I didn't like the pilot, should I bother trying to continue?
I started watching this shortly before the first season aired in the U.S. The pilot episode wasn't all that great. I almost quit watching after watching episode two, but then I got to the third episode where Kenzie goes undercover in a college and I got hooked. She makes that show.

Lost Girl is a fairly shallow show that borrows heavily from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, True Blood and other horror/modern fantasy series. Most of the episodes are monster-of-the-week stories, but the overall seasonal arcs have been dropping hints about something that could turn out very cool. Or very lame, depending on how they handle it.

Honestly, if you don't like Kenzie, you might as well stop watching. She's the only reason why I watch it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, if you don't like Kenzie, you might as well stop watching. She's the only reason why I watch it.
For the most part, that's what you want to use as your determining factor. I don't hate the rest of them, and quite often enjoy the silliness of the episodes, but Kenzi is the make or break of this show for me. That episode Jarnin mentioned where she goes to college was fucking A+, so if you hated that one, you might as well stop now.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I might be the only one as giddy as a schoolgirl for this Sunday, but fuck it, Kenzi is going to be back! Unfortunately, if you aren't in Canada or a pirate it won't be until January I believe, but waiting is for suckas!

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That was awesome, an entire episode where Bo didn't exist in the world and Kenzi was the main character of the show. That's how it should have been from the start. :p

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Agreed. That was a great season opener.

My favorite part was when Kenzi was all dressed up at the end, and then spit out her food in typical Kenzi fashion.

It's pretty funny how the supporting actress is who really carries the show. There were several episodes early in season 3 where Kenzi barely made an appearance.. most of which were probably the worst episodes of the show. Then they do the opposite last night where Bo is missing - and Kenzi easily carried the episode.

I hope Ksenia Solo gets her own starring role soon.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Most of you probably didn't watch the 1-hour pre-episode special, but they showed some(all?) of the webisodes from between seasons, and the one with Kenzi and the big burly guy from the end of last season (I want to say Bruce) was pretty hilarious.

Cybsled

Are those webisodes posted anywhere that isn't region restricted? The official site doesn't let Americans watch it ;p

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Dunno if they are, but if you like to play pirate, you can find the episode Vvoid is talking about.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not too many shows on right now, but just thought I'd mention that this starts up on Syfy soon if you haven't been pirating the Canadian releases. As mentioned above, the first episode is all Kenzi and all awesome. It is amusing to me that they clearly spent the first several episodes of this season covering up Bo's after-pregnancy weight with foofy dresses and less screen time, but she definitely is back in shape now with the last episode and the gratuitous car washing scene.

Which led me to a startling realization...Bo is my least favorite chick on the show. Well, to be clear, Lauren is my least favorite character, but I think she's much hotter than Bo. Kenzi is hot simply because of how awesome her character is, although in reality she's way, way too skinny. I still love her though, and would do terrible things to her, skinny or not. But I've come to realize that Tamsin is my new favorite in terms of bang-ability and overall hotness. She's certainly no Kenzi, but she's come into her own fairly well and I miss her if she isn't in an episode. I normally prefer brunettes, but there is something about her whole valkyrie thing that really makes her hot to me.

You might ask, what does this have to do with the show? Well, not much, but you don't watch Lost Girl for anything but hot chicks, Kenzi, and cheesy "fairy tale" story lines to loosely hold the previous two together. And to completely gay this post up, I have to say that I need to see more Bruce in episodes too. He's awesome. And Vex, even if he is dressing in bustiers.

Cybsled

The "dance off...to the death!" to free Bruce was pretty funny. I also do like the Tamsin character (and actress).

Season has been kind of uneven, specifically since it seems the writers are running away from the Wanderer (not just the characters). There is only a few more episodes before the end of the season, so you figure they need to wrap up the storyline shortly. The end of this Sunday's episode seems to suggest they might actually progress it.