LOTTERY WINNER...what if ?

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I would give a bunch of it away in small chunks to people who put out content on the internet that I like very much, local charities, and a few other charities that I think do good work (those people who remove tattoos from ex-gang members comes to mind). I've got a circle of friends that I've been hanging out with for 15+ years now that I would all drop a sack of money on. One of my fears is that I would be changed by a windfall such as winning the lottery and that the person I am now would despise the person I would become. If I'm going to have a life-changing amount of money to deal with my friends are all going to get the same problem.

And then it would be time for a trip around the world.I would want to see everywhere

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's ok, in five seconds your fishes will have forgotten you too.
Is this to assume that anyone actually sees their tank livestock as an emotional "pet"? Aquarium keeping is a hobby, we aren't crazy cat ladies.

I would give a bunch of it away in small chunks to people who put out content on the internet that I like very much, local charities, and a few other charities that I think do good work (those people who remove tattoos from ex-gang members comes to mind). I've got a circle of friends that I've been hanging out with for 15+ years now that I would all drop a sack of money on. One of my fears is that I would be changed by a windfall such as winning the lottery and that the person I am now would despise the person I would become. If I'm going to have a life-changing amount of money to deal with my friends are all going to get the same problem.

And then it would be time for a trip around the world.I would want to see everywhere
Would you also go to a brothel? Sorry, I had to ask.

foop_sl

shitlord
Is this to assume that anyone actually sees their tank livestock as an emotional "pet"? Aquarium keeping is a hobby, we aren't crazy cat ladies.
Especially a reef tank, having the sea in your place just own, it's so fucking relaxing.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Honestly I have thought about this a lot. If I would win one of the stupid big lotteries I would sit down and go through my life, everyone who has ever helped me I would fill a suitcase with money and give it to them.
Say 50,000 to my history teacher in 10th grade, 25,000 to my next door neighbor for helping me with my car last winter, shit like that. Granted it wouldn't be anything they could quit on but it would be something that could help them. If they piss it away on fake mustaches and snow cones that's their business.
The rest I would shove in the bank and just live off the interest.

OR I get drunk and burn it all in a pile like the Joker, really depends how that day is going I suppose.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Well, there are some unique factors that affect just the Lottey winners. First and foremost, they don't know how to be rich, how to protect their money, they don't understand that being rich actually costs you money, they don't have the necessary connections and know-how.

Furthermore, if someone gained his fortune through bussiness-savy, the envy of his peers comes with a certain degree of respect. Sure, I freaking hate the owner of the company I work for, but in the same time, I respect him for what he accomplished. Noone respects the Lottery winner, there is just envy, hatred and malice.
This. Also, psychologically it's very hard to feel good about something that was just given to you. I heard an interview with a guy who wrote a book about trying to scientifically study happiness, and he said that while a lot of people are happy after acquiring money that they feel that they earned, people's level of happiness almost always goes down after being suddenly given a large amount of money (specifically winning a lottery).

The other thing about people who make their own money is that it happens kind of slowly so not only them but the people around them get used to the idea and they can sort of surround themselves with people like them. When you are suddenly crazy rich and everyone you know is poor, they all feel like you should be helping them all the time and they are all pissed when you don't, or you help someone else more than them etc. Then when yo you do help them, they wind up resenting it because they don't think that you should be in a position to make them feel inferior to them, and you resent them for not being more grateful.

Damn I wish I could remember that dude's name, I heard him interviewed on NPR and it was crazy interesting. According to him though, winning the lottery for most people winds up being one of the worst things that ever happened to them.

upsetter_sl

shitlord
I have a close family member who won big. The win was over two years ago. They've probably only spent 40k. Maddening!

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Honestly I have thought about this a lot. If I would win one of the stupid big lotteries I would sit down and go through my life, everyone who has ever helped me I would fill a suitcase with money and give it to them.
Say 50,000 to my history teacher in 10th grade, 25,000 to my next door neighbor for helping me with my car last winter, shit like that. Granted it wouldn't be anything they could quit on but it would be something that could help them. If they piss it away on fake mustaches and snow cones that's their business.
The rest I would shove in the bank and just live off the interest.

OR I get drunk and burn it all in a pile like the Joker, really depends how that day is going I suppose.
On this note; I'd give a donation to some charity I dont really like, but kinda agree with, of 1 million dollars in pennies.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Damn I wish I could remember that dude's name, I heard him interviewed on NPR and it was crazy interesting. According to him though, winning the lottery for most people winds up being one of the worst things that ever happened to them.
I think most of the people who win the lottery are incredibly poor/dumb. I mean, how often do you hear about a lottery winner who has a college degree?

Winning one of those huge jackpots means you can essentially live off interest, and yet these jackholes somehow end up bankrupt. I think it's less to do with the lottery being hard to deal with as it is most lottery winners being idiots.

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Well I will let you know what I am NOT doing, I am not fucking telling anybody. If I win the lottery, then that's for me and my accountant's and lawyers and brokers to know. I wouldn't get too extravagant but I would live comfortably.

Buy my mom the house she's always wanted.

Buy some nice private piece of land for myself. Putter around with making it pretty self sufficient/ completely off the grid. You know, just for something to do. Most of the options out there are neat and interesting but are all pretty damn expensive. When money is no longer an issue I am sure I could come up with one hell of a compound to hide away in, in case of zombies.

Take up writing full time and really try and make a go of it.

Set up a nice little vacation property somewhere, nothing crazy. Probably buy a studio apartment or something small along the coast.

Set up some scholarships and trusts in other people's names. (After contacting them of course.) But basically for people I think deserve some recognition or credit and work really hard, I will set up a fund to help students in their related field.

Make up a cardboard sign that Reads: "Will pay you to let me work" and then go stand next to the guy with his shitty, "will work for food sign" and just sort of stare him down.

Apply for office jobs and totally blow the interviews on purpose just to see if I get hired anyways. And IF I get hired... big big if there. I will show up and just joke around, be real casual, not actually do any work whatsoever, organize some killer office parties and be totally cool with it when they finally let me go/ I get bored and quit.

Buy a really comfortable chair.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
Apply for office jobs and totally blow the interviews on purpose just to see if I get hired anyways. And IF I get hired... big big if there. I will show up and just joke around, be real casual, not actually do any work whatsoever, organize some killer office parties and be totally cool with it when they finally let me go/ I get bored and quit.
this sounds about right, when your that rich fuck it have as much fun as you can. Really winning the lottery is the ultimate reset button. life 2.0 if you will.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Kill Westboro Baptists.

Hire expensive lawyers.

Become President.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think most of the people who win the lottery are incredibly poor/dumb. I mean, how often do you hear about a lottery winner who has a college degree?

Winning one of those huge jackpots means you can essentially live off interest, and yet these jackholes somehow end up bankrupt. I think it's less to do with the lottery being hard to deal with as it is most lottery winners being idiots.
I think this is pretty spot on. Most people would read that and think Jealousy as a first thought. But if you watch any of those documentaries on Lottery winners, the majority of them are just that. Uneducated jackasses.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'd hire a live-in Maid with benefits and get a new house. I would also donate a couple million to the local animal shelter and build them a new facility.