Louie

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
This show is awesome, but does it bump anyone else that his ex is like half black but their kids are little albino gingers just like Louie? Seems like an odd choice to chose an ex that looks like she couldn't possibly have given birth to those girls.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
That's the point, it's a joke. To me it is even funnier how he just never addresses it.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I guess I don't get it. He's trying to trick people into thinking he did a lousy job casting and then he's going to yell "gotcha!" at some point?

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
No, he just likes her acting as his wife. It's similar to how he swapped who played his 2 daughters in the middle of the first season.

He doesn't care, he just wants who can play his characters well.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I just watched the fat lady scene. That's some pretty quality television. The way this guy approaches things and the things he writes are pretty brutally honest, even if intended as comedic caricature. I think he's a very bright guy, and while it's hard to recommend his show to anyone, as he is also quite crass, I think his show is one of the smartest I've seen in years.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just watched the fat lady scene. That's some pretty quality television. The way this guy approaches things and the things he writes are pretty brutally honest, even if intended as comedic caricature. I think he's a very bright guy, and while it's hard to recommend his show to anyone, as he is also quite crass, I think his show is one of the smartest I've seen in years.
The fat lady scene didn't top last season Lynch scenes but it was stilltop notch quality. Knowing he films in NYC with small team, directs and edits most of the stuff, you really have to give the guy props. With the Elevator episode, it's quite fun how he depicts social / human interactions in a big city, like spending more than 2s interacting with people feels like a huge pain in the ass.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
After the last post I googled up some interviews after I made my last post and he pretty much just said he liked the actress and he realized people were going to go WTF when they first saw her but that they would just ignore it and suspend disbelief as long as she played the part well so I guess that is what I will attempt to do.

That fat girl scene really kind of hit home with me. I am overweight myself and I actually dated a fat girl for like 6 months and even legitimately fell in love with her, but I can't say I ever really got past the "dating a fat girl" thing. She met a couple of my friends but not a lot of them and none of my family. I can also say I almost never click on a fat girl pic on a dating website. It's obviously a character flaw to be unable to look past that, but it's not easy to do.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Really loving this season. And especially some of the surreal one-off stuff. Like the garbage men or the hurricane stuff. Or even just Louie going to scream out the window at the therapist thing while his ex-wife talked on and on.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Regarding BrutulTM's post from earlier, didn't you like how in the flash back to younger Louie & Janet, she wasn't a black woman?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That flashback was great. "What if you just got pregnant?" And that's what ended up happening. This whole season has been pretty good. I was getting frustrated at how predictable it was getting with Louis losing in every single social situation possible. It was good to see him get serious with the Hungarian chick.

I really liked Todd Barry's walkthrough of his day with the scenes of what was going on while he was telling his story. That was very Tarantino-esque. The dialogue in this season has been great.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah Todd Barry's day was awesome, and the entire bar breaking out in applause when he got his sign really killed it. I love almost every time he has him, or really any comedian, on there. The poker scene this season was great, not as good as season 1's but still great.

LovedEdJim Norton's expression when Amia responded to him in Ukranian, no idea what she said be he was positive she just shit all over his clever game.

edit: I always call him Ed! Stupid brain won't brain.

Fedor

<Banned>
Loved Ed Norton's expression when Amia responded to him in Ukranian, no idea what she said be he was positive she just shit all over his clever game.
106-510x516.jpg

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just realized that they haven't played the "Louie" theme song at all this year. Odd.

"Sad news from Miami as hurricane Jasmine Forsythe has claimed the life of LeBron James of the Miami Heat. Mr. James was swept away by the storm surge that destroyed 90 percent of the Florida peninsula last night. Once again, we're reporting the sad death of LeBron James... and the rest of the Miami Heat... and 12 million other people."

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Jeremy Renner was awesome in last night's 2 episodes. He was a drug dealer for "child Louie". I enjoyed it.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's hard for me to get over the fact that this isn't a comedy at all. Those last 2 episodes were really good drama though.