Lucifer

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Started watching this during the summer. It's pretty light, and very linear, but quite entertaining.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Finished the new Season last night, and omg. Lucifer actor was really good playing both roles. Pretty interesting stuff, and love the show.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
?@======

Ambiturner Ambiturner something something golden cow.

And why do I suddenly feel the urge to save up to 20% on my insurance? :p

What? I never questioned that it was popular, but it's not something Netflix can't live without which is usually what people would refer to as a "killing the golden cow"

velk

Trakanon Raider
What? I never questioned that it was popular, but it's not something Netflix can't live without which is usually what people would refer to as a "killing the golden cow"

The original parable about the goose that lays golden eggs is about the drawbacks of short term thinking vs long term thinking. I don't know how cows wandered into it ( confusion about the biblical golden calf maybe ? ), but there's no implication that there's only one of them - if you have ten long term investments, turning one of them in for a smaller short term gain is still a stupid decision in most circumstances.

More on topic, finished up this run of Lucifer, this was good fun overall and the ending has me intrigued what they are after for the other half of the season.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The original parable about the goose that lays golden eggs is about the drawbacks of short term thinking vs long term thinking. I don't know how cows wandered into it ( confusion about the biblical golden calf maybe ? ), but there's no implication that there's only one of them - if you have ten long term investments, turning one of them in for a smaller short term gain is still a stupid decision in most circumstances.

More on topic, finished up this run of Lucifer, this was good fun overall and the ending has me intrigued what they are after for the other half of the season.
This is the definition of "ackshually!" haha

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Except that doesn't make sense in the scenario as canceling the show wouldn't bring in short term gain.

Either way this derail is dumb and as long as they keep pumping out episodes I'll keep watching

spronk

FPS noob
caught up with season 5 over the last few days, it definitely leans harder into rom-com chick territory with a lot of writing and scenes clearly pandering to women. My wife loved all the "girl talk" episodes, girl power, shirtless guys, etc. Its not terrible or anything but its definitely not as "sexy" and eye-candy-for-guys as early seasons. I'd guess a majority of their audience at this point is women, so don't blame them.

Most of the plot points of season 5 I thought were goofy as fuck, like just hand waving away "oh Hell's ok with Lucifer gone for a little while" and most of the serial killer stuff but ehhh, guess you gotta roll with what you get. Still enjoyed it all and the last few moments of the finale were great. I don't love where the show is going but I guess we'll see what happens. I hated the Michael character, thought he was goofy and I was hoping for some sort of Prophecy level story - angels wanting a final war, hating humans for having souls, creating a new uprising, etc - but I guess we don't really know Michaels "plan" either.

The show is definitely hitting that long-in-the-tooth spot where the writers and showrunners are giving in to whatever crazy demands the actors have to keep them happy, like Maze constantly singing songs and I'd bet Tom Ellis playing two characters was part of that. Its a bummer Lilith wasn't expanded/used more, an interesting Biblical character - Queen of Hell, mother of witches/demons, God of Chaos, the serpent in the Garden, and Adam's first wife.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I enjoyed Season 5 well enough. Apparently this is the year for making fun of the 50's detective concept. Agents of Shield did the same thing. As stated, this show clearly caters to woman now. Its not just the lack of showing off woman but even the fight scenes are womanized. The amount of destruction that "should" occur when two archangles fight was way toned down. It just looked like two regular men fighting with the occasional presentation of strength. I am surprised that the angels did not fall into a mud pit followed by the cloths coming off. I will finish watching the series just to see how they play off God. Him suddenly showing up on earth would have made more sense if the fight was causing the destruction it should have caused. The show has always been a little campy but that was left towards the character of Lucifer. It was Lucifer's campiness that made the show fun to watch. Now the entire show has gone campy and it just does not feel the same.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
caught up with season 5 over the last few days, it definitely leans harder into rom-com chick territory with a lot of writing and scenes clearly pandering to women. My wife loved all the "girl talk" episodes, girl power, shirtless guys, etc. Its not terrible or anything but its definitely not as "sexy" and eye-candy-for-guys as early seasons. I'd guess a majority of their audience at this point is women, so don't blame them.

Most of the plot points of season 5 I thought were goofy as fuck, like just hand waving away "oh Hell's ok with Lucifer gone for a little while" and most of the serial killer stuff but ehhh, guess you gotta roll with what you get. Still enjoyed it all and the last few moments of the finale were great. I don't love where the show is going but I guess we'll see what happens. I hated the Michael character, thought he was goofy and I was hoping for some sort of Prophecy level story - angels wanting a final war, hating humans for having souls, creating a new uprising, etc - but I guess we don't really know Michaels "plan" either.

The show is definitely hitting that long-in-the-tooth spot where the writers and showrunners are giving in to whatever crazy demands the actors have to keep them happy, like Maze constantly singing songs and I'd bet Tom Ellis playing two characters was part of that. Its a bummer Lilith wasn't expanded/used more, an interesting Biblical character - Queen of Hell, mother of witches/demons, God of Chaos, the serpent in the Garden, and Adam's first wife.
Thanks, now I know not to watch this shit.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 2 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
i'm enjoying the season so far, we(wife and i) are not binging it, but are doing 1 or 2 a week or so we are on episode 6.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Fell off hard this season, maybe my tastes have changed or maybe I am just so tired of TV tropes but they are just throwing them all in this season. Evil twin brother, finally getting together after sex issues, good girl likes bad boys but finally falls for good guy who I can guessing will actually be a bad guy, you name it they are doing them instead of fun Lucifer things. It isn't just the main couple either it is every side character as well, last few episodes I found myself skipping forward just to be done with it.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Apparently he and some of his co stars are getting tired of Twitter... heh

1600284309266.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

TBH not surprised. Twitter is a fucking cesspit of trolls and bullies. If it wasn't for the fact it was the only major social media site that hasn't banned tits, then there would be no reason to use it lol

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
TBH not surprised. Twitter is a fucking cesspit of trolls and bullies. If it wasn't for the fact it was the only major social media site that hasn't banned tits, then there would be no reason to use it lol
I 100% truth everything you said. But I will say that i found one really amazing use for it. The insta-news ability. Raw, unfiltered news as it happens is like crack for me.

ps.. where do you see tits? I dont see no damn titties on Twitter.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
OK, finished part one of this season. I don't really think that ending was all that much of a cliffhanger.

Safe Drivers can save 40%!

• 1Like

Cybsled

I 100% truth everything you said. But I will say that i found one really amazing use for it. The insta-news ability. Raw, unfiltered news as it happens is like crack for me.

ps.. where do you see tits? I dont see no damn titties on Twitter.

Awhile back they automatically flipped everyone to hide adult content, so you have to turn that off. Media search was also nerfed a couple years back to not return any adult results. However, regular searches work just fine.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
OK, finished part one of this season. I don't really think that ending was all that much of a cliffhanger.

Safe Drivers can save 40%!

Well, at least we know...

We're in good hands.

• 1Worf