Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Is a droplet of water in the air a 'mirror'?
1609347101438.png

These are the instructions given for creating a rainbow indoors at night using only a flashlight. Every single website that I've looked up that explains how to make a rainbow indoors with a flashlight always requires a glass or mirror of some kind. If there is no mirror outside then it should not be required inside.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Okay... just wanted to be 100% sure before I explain it to you but I believe others here have touched upon what I was going to say before I had a chance to... damn me for being busy this morning!
Well considering I've debunked what they have said I think you're going to have to try a bit harder on this one. I really don't see how the story of Echo and Narcissus has anything to do with this conversation. I'm merely attempting to validate the word of God by demonstrating it to be true with the help of science. If the word of God is true and there is in fact a glass like barrier covering the Earth as the Bible does indeed say there is, then there must be a way to prove it.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Well considering I've debunked what they have said I think you're going to have to try a bit harder on this one. I really don't see how the story of Echo and Narcissus has anything to do with this conversation. I'm merely attempting to validate the word of God by demonstrating it to be true with the help of science. If the word of God is true and there is in fact a glass like barrier covering the Earth as the Bible does indeed say there is, then there must be a way to prove it.

Perhaps they were referring to the magnetosphere that protects us from radiation. They wouldn't have had words or concepts to understand what that was in history, just knew that there was a barrier shielding earth and the details aren't saved in translation.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I really don't see how the story of Echo and Narcissus has anything to do with this conversation.
I even edited in a picture to help you along :(

Reread my post if you missed it. What is Narcissus looking into? What does he see? HOW does he see what he sees?

Again, let me know if it's STILL not smacking you in the face of how this explains your mirror in the sky without a need to believe in some gigantic dome mirror above the clouds lmao~

If the word of God is true and there is in fact a glass like barrier covering the Earth as the Bible does indeed say there is
You mean how YOU interpret the word firmament.

I agree the Bible and word of God are true. The problem is how you are interpreting these words.

It's the same how flat-earthers who are also Christians feel that because the Bible says "the four corners of the earth" that that is unadulterated proof that they are correct in their belief.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Perhaps they were referring to the magnetosphere that protects us from radiation. They wouldn't have had words or concepts to understand what that was in history, just knew that there was a barrier shielding earth and the details aren't saved in translation.
I used to think that and it used to make sense until I learned about how rainbows work. It appears that rainbows do in fact require a mirror which means that there must be something in the sky that is acting like one.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I used to think that and it used to make sense until I learned about how rainbows work. It appears that rainbows do in fact require a mirror which means that there must be something in the sky that is acting like one.
Wet surfaces can act as a mirror. Water rains, the ground becomes enough of a mirror to suffice, bam rainbow. Explains why rainbows are over water or after rainstorms most of the time pretty easy.

Bordeaux-water-mirror-dancer.jpg

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
If what I say is true then no it shouldn't be. This is how a rainbow forms according to mainstream science.

"A rainbow is caused by sunlight and atmospheric conditions. Light enters a water droplet, slowing down and bending as it goes from air to denser water. The light reflects off the inside of the droplet, separating into its component wavelengths--or colors. When light exits the droplet, it makes a rainbow."

So if this is true then it should be possible to form a rainbow indoors with only the use of water and light. However, my argument against this is that this is not the case. The light needs to first be reflected off of an object before it passes through the water before it can make a rainbow which proves that it is not being caused by light reflecting off of the inside of a droplet. This means that there must be an object outside that is acting as a mirror.
Didn’t you ever play with a garden hose as a kid?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I even edited in a picture to help you along :(

Reread my post if you missed it. What is Narcissus looking into? What does he see? HOW does he see what he sees?

Again, let me know if it's STILL not smacking you in the face of how this explains your mirror in the sky without a need to believe in some gigantic dome mirror above the clouds lmao~

I get what you're trying to say but you're not getting what I am saying. If what you say is true, a mirror would not be required to make a rainbow indoors. However, this is not the case so therefore you are wrong.

You mean how YOU interpret the word firmament.

I agree the Bible and word of God are true. The problem is how you are interpreting these words.
There is no other way to interpret the words though.

"Again God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.

Then God made the firmament, and separated the waters, which were under the firmament, from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

And God called the firmament, Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day." (Genesis 1:6-8)

"Hast thou stretched out the heavens, which are strong, and as a molten glass?" (Job 37:18)

The language is EXTREMELY clear. It is very clearly saying that there is a physical barrier that is separating the Earth from the waters above it and that this barrier is strong and is like a molten glass. A molten glass is a mirror. It's clearly saying that there is a physical glass like barrier covering the entirety of the Earth.

It's the same how flat-earthers who are also Christians feel that because the Bible says "the four corners of the earth" that that is unadulterated proof that they are correct in their belief.
The difference here is that there really is no ambiguity in the passages about the firmament.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Didn’t you ever play with a garden hose as a kid?

I don't really think you understand what I am saying. If all it takes to create a rainbow is a garden hose and light then please demonstrate this occurring indoors without using sunlight or a mirror. The fact that every single indoor experiment on how to form a rainbow REQUIRES a mirror means that there MUST be one outside. I am saying that the reason you can make a rainbow outside by simply using a garden hose is because the light is reflecting off of the glass firmament.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
So you’ve proved the firmament because no one wants to spray a garden hose inside their house, gotcha
Well, first of all, you could do it outside at night time or you could do it inside your garage and just place a kiddy pool or something to catch the water. Or you could do it in your bathtub as long as you cover the bathroom mirrors and don't have reflective tiles. I've tried it and it couldn't be done. This is why I'm confident that I am right and none of you will be able to prove me wrong.

Last edited:

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
What do sprinklers and garden hoses do, wet the ground and create a mirror. Obviously a small mirror, which is why the rainbow is so tiny.
In the video that Julian linked the ground wasn't wet at all and the rainbow instantly appeared as soon as she began to spray the hose so that kinda debunks that theory.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
However, this is not the case so therefore you are wrong.
O rly?

There is no other way to interpret the words though.
I'm about to blow your mind, sit tight and read:

"Again God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it separate the waters from the waters.

Then God made the firmament, and separated the waters, which were under the firmament, from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
So it's like Waters | Firmament | Waters, agreed? If we take these few passages literally. Right? Good let's blow minds here:

And God called the firmament, Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day." (Genesis 1:6-8)
Logic Lumie... use it. You said the Bible is very clear, and I agree. So here's your problem:

If the Heavens are the firmament (stated immediately above) which separates the waters, then the water below (on earth... the oceans and rivers and lakes) is separated by the Heavens (both the sky and space above), then water exists past the visible universe which is something we couldn't even detect since we have NEVER seen the "edge of the universe"... and never will. Space is expanding faster than light from the edge is travelling to reach us. If anything, it is more logical to assume that there is some water that our universe is floating in! Neato~

"Hast thou stretched out the heavens, which are strong, and as a molten glass?" (Job 37:18)
CdC4.gif

Looks to be more "clear and pure" which to me is precisely what the Heavens appear to be to me... extraordinarily beautiful on a clear day, awe inspiring on a clear night...

A molten glass is a mirror.
...but you think Job is saying it's a mirror. This is why people think you're crazy homie.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
If I can borrow a nazi search light from a board member and make a generous donation to the local fire department to borrow a hose truck I’m pretty sure I can debunk Lumi on this one

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
For the longest time I thought Lumi was just a troll. A few years ago I was reading some random science article and at the bottom of the there was a Facebook linked comments section. Someone was arguing with other people in the comments and saying the exact same things Lumi says and I knew right away it had to be Lumi.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user