Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Damn. Hodj appears to be correct here and has a good point. Perhaps the world is actually going to end in a month. I need to reevaluate life.

smile.png

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
If you think Catholicism is Christianity you're so fucking dumb you should kill yourself. Christianity is Christianity idiot. Catholicism is an abomination of Christianity as it literally goes against everything Christianity stands for.
Yeah you guys know, what Christianity stands for. Not that "human/deicide sacrifice to fix specifically homo sapiens broken immortal soul because rib-lady ate the wrong apple" crap. The real shit.

Matthew 21:18-22 (NIV)

18 Early in the morning, as Jesus was on his way back to the city, he was hungry. 19 Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, ?May you never bear fruit again!? Immediately the tree withered.

20 When the disciples saw this, they were amazed. ?How did the fig tree wither so quickly?? they asked.

21 Jesus replied, ?Truly I tell you, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, ?Go, throw yourself into the sea,? and it will be done. 22 If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.?

Luke 14:26
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters--yes, even their own life--such a person cannot be my disciple.

1 Timothy 2:12
?I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.?

1 Peter 2:18
?Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the cruel.?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah but, like, all those quotes are by fake Jesus, man.

You'd know this if you weren't such a retard and were as well read on these subjects as Lumie!

/sarc

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
heh, when I was still in high school I worked at Blockbuster. One of the managers there was this chick who was dumb as a sack of hammers, and I don't even know how it came up but one day we got in to an argument about who is or isn't a Christian. She obviously came from some ultra conservative Christian background, while I'd been raised Catholic (but had thought the whole thing was bullshit for most of my life). I didn't really have a personal stake in it per se, I just like a good argument. And this dumb cunt was convinced that only her specific belief system was truly "Christian", and that any one else like Anglicans, Catholics etc were not actually Christian. It was fairly mind blowing for me, even having gone to Catholic schools throughout my childhood, as I'd never run in to someone so doctrinaire about religion.

I mean yeah, obviously they don't all believe in exactly the same shit. But 95% of it is the same. And fundamentally, they all worship the teachings of Jesus Christ and recognize his divinity, so how in the fuck do you draw the line exactly?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The only criteria used throughout most of history to determine if someone is a Christian or not is if they confessed their sins and a belief in the salvation of Jesus' blood sacrifice and were baptized.

Peter, who historically is credited with the foundation of the Catholic Church, and about whom Jesus said in Matthew 16:18 said "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.". Acts 2:38 quotes Peter as saying 'Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.'

This is literally the only criteria upon which one can claim someone is or is not a Christian as a result.

So Lumie trying to declare that the Catholic Church, and the Papacy, which was founded by Saint Peter at Jesus' command, and which demands repentence, confession and baptism in order to be a member, is somehow "Not really Christianity" is about as revisionist history as you can get.

Some protestant denominations, such as the Southern Baptist sect I was raised in, declare that the only true Christians are "known by their fruits" (Matthew 7:16) but this is, fundamentally, a no true scotsman fallacy as well, and really just a pathetic apologetic that says that anyone who does something wrong and gets caught doing it, isn't a "true Christian".

So, you can't draw a line. Its a completely arbitrary line built up by apologetics spewers in an attempt to insulate their beliefs from criticism. That's it. That's all it is, and all it will ever be. An ad hoc, post hoc mental contortion that allows them to calm the cognitive dissonance they feel when they find out that their preacher was diddling kids in the baptismal or whatever.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you think Catholicism is Christianity you're so fucking dumb you should kill yourself. Christianity is Christianity idiot. Catholicism is an abomination of Christianity as it literally goes against everything Christianity stands for.
So does Lumie get a pass on going to the shaw for suggesting someone kill themselves?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
heh, when I was still in high school I worked at Blockbuster. One of the managers there was this chick who was dumb as a sack of hammers, and I don't even know how it came up but one day we got in to an argument about who is or isn't a Christian. She obviously came from some ultra conservative Christian background, while I'd been raised Catholic (but had thought the whole thing was bullshit for most of my life). I didn't really have a personal stake in it per se, I just like a good argument. And this dumb cunt was convinced that only her specific belief system was truly "Christian", and that any one else like Anglicans, Catholics etc were not actually Christian. It was fairly mind blowing for me, even having gone to Catholic schools throughout my childhood, as I'd never run in to someone so doctrinaire about religion.

I mean yeah, obviously they don't all believe in exactly the same shit. But 95% of it is the same. And fundamentally, they all worship the teachings of Jesus Christ and recognize his divinity, so how in the fuck do you draw the line exactly?
Points to anyone who remembers the stupid as fuck argument with a_skeleton_03 about who is and isn't Christian.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Bros, what's your favorite doomsday conspiracy video music.

What do you think, lumie?

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Welp, now you've got me watching an ep.

Jose Chung's from outer space it is.