Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All I know is thank god they eventually added Agnostic Cultural Armor recipes.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Lol, I know wtf agnostic means. And I think agnostic and Christianity (Catholic / Baptist etc) conflict on a basic level. One is the belief that there is an absence of certainty, while the other has faith in the belief as a tenet. Maybe that clears things up for you?

BTW, SORRY EOMER! Was another thread, and prolly another person. I put 90s into looking, didnt see it. But there is a group / person here that throws it into every fucking post (it seems, could be my personal lensing of it), kinda like some of the over the top stupid liberal shit in some threads.

Here is where the Stanhope bit starts:
Doug Stanhope - No Refunds (2007) - YouTube

But anyway, my bad man. Shit gets old, it pervades a few threads. Might have been that I was forced into a front row seat to watch the federal gov't burn a pile of money today.
Maybe I misunderstood. I tend to assume that most people don't know about the distinction between gnostics and agnostics. If I assumed wrong in your case, I apologize.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The thing is, some sects have really whacky extra beliefs, such as the Mormons with the Book of Mormon, but at their core, since they all baptize, accept that salvation is only attainable through Jesus' "sacrifice" and believe in confession of sins, they're all Christians.

I really prefer the term "Abrahamists" to umbrella all the variations, denominations, and religions under one heading for simplicities' sake as a result.
In my circles, we refer to Mormonism as "a cult of Christianity" or sometimes just "a cult."

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Speaking of, there's been a group of essentially Doomsday prepping Mormons preparing for the end of the world this September. It's interesting to see Lumie's insanity spread and be reinterpreted in my little corner of the world. From what I gather reading the exmormon subreddit, it's mainly driven by some lady named Julie Rowe, who's actually been allowed to go around and hold meetings in official church meetinghouses, begging the question is this Church-sanctioned?

Until recently the subreddit had a bunch of moles lurking in their locked Facebook page, posting screenshots of the insanity. The amount of blatant MLM scams being attempted in these groups is hilarious. Mormons are literally the biggest MLM scam chumps in this country.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
In my circles, we refer to Mormonism as "a cult of Christianity" or sometimes just "a cult."
Depending on the denomination, as demonstrated by Lumie, the same can be said about Catholics, Protestants, calvinists, Pentacosts, Baptists, Jehovahs Witnesses, the Nigerian Church, and so much more.

Christians love the Not A True Christian fallacy. Ray Comfort uses it all the time against even individual churches and shit.

Have you even seen Jesus Camp? Theres a point where this little girl is talking about "dead churches" where shes clearly just regurgitating some crap her parents have brainwashed her with, which ends up being just the exact same thing. "Ere are churches where people dont really believe because they dont get all excited about Jesus and thise arent real Christians"

Its silly dude.

I imagine eventually, as the Mormon Church continues to try and mainstream itself more to broaden its appeal, a lot of its whackiest tenants, like Planet Kolob and stuff, will get recanted similar to the way the Catholics just sorta decided to throw away the Purgatory idea after 1000 plus years of it being a central tenant of the religion. Mormons are trying their dead best to come across as mainstream Christians the past couple decades.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Noodles for the Noodle throne or something.

I really think he needs to be paroled 72 hours before the "end".

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I will reverse the infraction if need be, on the eve of our destruction.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
So I had to come check out this thread after some Sept end of world comments in another thread, and I must say, I'm impressed.

I had to go to some pretty crazy websites to see what all the hub bub was about, let's review.

1.Asteroid Impact: Apparently an asteroid is going to strike the earth on this day, right above South America. It is also the same one that the Philae Lander is on. It can also change trajectory at will and may or may not be an actual spaceship piloted by our ancestors or gods. CERN is apparently involved in this somehow.

2.The Rapture: End of days rigmarole.

3.Wave X: This is by far the most interesting to me only because I have no idea where they even got this theory to begin with. As of Aug 16th we are getting strong electro-magnetic waves fired at the earth from our sun which will peak on or around Sept 23rd. At their peak human beings will ascend to our max potential, unlocking all our abilities and bringing about a new age. CERN is apparently being used to fight this electromagnetic field so that they can continue to control and enslave the human race and it is why they have been ramping it up to full power recently (Reached full power on Aug 15th).

4.Planet X: Giant dark matter/dark planet that has a strange orbit in our galaxy and only cruises by every few thousand years. It will either impact the earth on Sept. 23rd or come so close that it will cause major tidal shifts killing off most of the planet.

I think that's it, hard to remember all the details after digging through all the crazy, and I don't know about you guys but I'm really looking forward to going Super Sayan next month. Rerolled party on the moon Sept. 24th?

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I did the same thing but lost interest. Thank you for the summary, they do make for entertaining reading.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I was wrestling with the idea of when to release Lumie.. right before the end or right after? There's comedic value in both and this is our only chance..

.. until the next time.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I was wrestling with the idea of when to release Lumie.. right before the end or right after? There's comedic value in both and this is our only chance..

.. until the next time.
12:05 AM on September 24th, obviously.

The second that 9/23 has passed, he should be released, so that we can immediately begin ridiculing him and asking him what went wrong and why the world is still here, not struck by a comet.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I already said I would release him on 9/23. He needs one day to communicate with us, before we can never speak again.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I wonder if he'd agree to a RRP bet.

If he's right, we'll all be dead and he'll ascend to the pearly gates. If he's wrong he gets 6 months in the clink