Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I tried confronting him in the Heroes of the Storm or whatever it is thread.

He's a complete fucking coward.

If he ever shows his face in this thread again, he deserves absolutely nothing but wall to wall ridicule and demands he explain himself.
That pretty much sums up the entirety of this thread

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Hey Lumie, can we get an update? You there Lumie?

Why do people fall for this shit? "The world's going to end, so buy my book and a tent and 6 years worth of food!"

And they do it.

I'll never understand it. How can people be so subservient and pathetic?

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah but then we get to remind him that he said the comet thing was his last prediction.

Here's another example of the sort of Christian internet stupidity that he draws on for these things. Apparently, since the world didn't end the 23rd, and since the "blood moons" didn't pan out, now tomorrow is the day of Apocalypse

Christian group predicts the world will be 'annihilated' on Wednesday | World news | The Guardian

While our planet may have survived September's "blood moon", it will be permanently destroyed on Wednesday, 7 October, a Christian organization has warned.

The eBible Fellowship, an online affiliation headquartered near Philadelphia, has based its prediction of an October obliteration on a previous claim that the world would end on 21 May 2011. While that claim proved to be false, the organization is confident it has the correct date this time.

"According to what the Bible is presenting it does appear that 7 October will be the day that God has spoken of: in which, the world will pass away," said Chris McCann, the leader and founder of the fellowship, an online gathering of Christians headquartered in Philadelphia.

"It'll be gone forever. Annihilated."

McCann said that, according to his interpretation of the Bible, the world will be obliterated "with fire".

The blood moon - a lunar eclipse combined with a "super moon" - occurred without event on 27 September. This was despite some predictions that it would herald the beginning of the apocalypse. Certain religious leaders had said the blood moon would trigger a chain of events that could see our planet destroyed in as little as seven years time.

According to this new prediction, however, there will be no stay of execution. On the day of 7 October, the world will end.

"God destroyed the first earth with water, by a flood, in the days of Noah. And he says he'll not do that again, not by water. But he does say in 2nd Peter 3 that he'll destroy it by fire," McCann said.

The expectation of the world ending this fall stems from an earlier prediction by Harold Camping, a Christian radio host who was based in California. In 2011 Camping used his radio station, Family Radio, to notify people that the world would end on 21 May of that year. When that turned out to be incorrect, Camping revised his prediction to October 2011. That also turned out to be incorrect, and Camping retired from public life soon after. He died in 2013, at age 93.
Basically, you get these whacked out retarded Christians, one of them comes up with this nonsense, they spread it amongst themselves and it catches on across the internet.

Big surprise gullibility in one area of life spreads to other areas.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
What's everyone's thoughts on a basic food storage plan? Like maybe a month of foodstuffs.

Not for bullshit doomsday events, but for vanilla disasters, like massive power outages, snowstorms, etc.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
When i get my shit together I'll probably have a small stockpile. The water poisoning episode in charleston was pretty brutal and just having a case of water can be huge.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
What's everyone's thoughts on a basic food storage plan? Like maybe a month of foodstuffs.

Not for bullshit doomsday events, but for vanilla disasters, like massive power outages, snowstorms, etc.
I have half a dozen dehydrated camping meals, a few cans of soup, and a bag of rice. I'm good.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
I prep mostly for long snow-ins. I like the idea of being totally comfortable for 2 weeks of snow. A tornado would wipe out any prep anyway. There is the possibility of flood or earthquake around here that could disrupt commerce for a while. Those are remote possibilities and in the event of them, I would be part of any FEMA response and FEMA would take care of me, more or less. End of the world zombie shit? I got guns, boots, and bags, I can be mobile.