Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
It's sad that you can't grasp that nature was designed to work the way it does by God. Systems cannot design themselves from nothing. At one point no particles existed, no matter of any kind existed. Ice melts when exposed to heat because that's how it was designed to work. All particles were created and designed with a specific purpose. All you can do is understand the underlying mechanics of these things and you use that knowledge to dismiss the creator himself. It's literally the same thing as finding a car and reverse engineering it and then going "herp derp, must've formed on it's own since we know how it works now".
No whats sad is you cant cant even fathom that god was designed to that way by Unlkrkatharnak...petty little sorcerous space chameleons cannot design themselves fronm nothing!!! idiot retard brain dead stupid fuck at one point no lizards existed....no space angels of any kind exited...ice metls because Unlkrkatharnak designed your idiot peon cavman god to make ice do that all lizards made for purpose to be put use by Unlkrkatharnak and no lizard no use purpose be used other way silly stupid no mind...all you can do is look at workd and see matter is not creator but of matter itself from Unlkrkatharnak created by petty lizard gods..It's literally the same as finding a factory that creates cars and reverse engineering it and then going "herp derp, must've formed on it's own since we know hot it works now". brain dead retard mind zero nothing of who makes factory for making car factories that are created by further facrotsies

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Really? The best you got is just regurgitating the same retarded arguments from the other thread? If you're going to just copy and paste bad responses, then I'm just going to copy and paste refutations to your claims.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/False_analogy

A false analogy is a rhetorical fallacy that uses an analogy (comparing objects or ideas with similar characteristics) to support an argument, but the conclusion made by it is not supported by the analogy due to the differences between the two objects.[1] Sometimes these differences are outright ignored by the person presenting the fallacy; other times, they may not be aware of the differences or that they apply. The fallacy occurs, and is common, because analogies are just that, analogies, and their parallels are always limited; the differences between things can often overpower their similarities. One thing people sometimes do for fun is extend a useful analogy or metaphor to the point of absurdity.
Analogies and metaphors can be very useful to explain things to people and often play an important part in learning. However, because of the prevalence of false analogies they're much less useful in making arguments.

The "watchmaker" analogy

See the main article on this topic: Watchmaker analogy
The "watchmaker" analogy, originally formed by William Paley for the existence of God (the argument from design) and since reused as an argument for intelligent design, is cited as an example of a false analogy. In it, Paley suggested that an analogy could be made between the complexity of a watch and the complexity of the universe.[2]
The analogy is as follows:
The universe is like a watch.
A watch must have a watchmaker.
The universe, being like a watch, must have a designer.
The false analogy can be shown by a reduction to the absurd, highlighting the many differences between the universe and a watch. Similar absurdities can be built from almost every other characteristic of watches:
The universe is like a watch.
A watch can be used to cover a tattoo on one's wrist.
The universe, being like a watch, can be used to cover a tattoo on one's wrist.
Also, there are problems "disguised" in the assumptions of the analogy. A watch bears little resemblance to the universe, therefore the entire analogy is invalidated in step 1. Paley's original argument also focused on the hypothetical scenario of coming across a watch in heath, and its apparent complexity and appearance of design can be compared to stones and grass around it. Because of this, the analogy fails at a more subtle level; we have seen watches designed and made by intelligent entities and we have seen rocks and grass made by non-intelligent, natural mechanisms. The universe, however, is all we have seen-there is nothing on a similar scale and scope to the universe that implies it is non-natural.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Really? The best you got is just regurgitating the same retarded arguments from the other thread? If you're going to just copy and paste bad responses, then I'm just going to copy and paste refutations to your claims.
hahahahahahahahahaha petty mind must make argue with lizard god...knows nothing will come from attempt make fight against Unlkrkatharnak

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You're free to come up with whatever ridiculously retarded excuse you like but that doesn't alter reality. The watchmaker analogy isn't a false analogy except for when you try to associate ridiculous comparisons such as the one described in your very same copy n paste. So because a watch needs a watch maker, comparing it to covering up a tattoo some how falsifies the fact that the universe needed to have a creator? Must be nice to create your own straw man whenever you like and then pretend like it's me who's doing it. Lol, you couldn't be a more delusional psychopathic retard if you tried your fucking hardest. Herp derp lets just create straw man arguments all day and argue against myself and then pretend like I am the victor.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The watchmaker analogy isn't a false analogy
Except it is demonstrably so by the rules of syllogistic logic.

I'm sorry that you don't comprehend that a reduction to absurdity is a legitimate means by which to refute a fallacious false analogy, but it is, and no crying from you on the internet will change that.

If you want to change it, call the Lizard King, get him to loan you his time machine, and you go back in time and kill Aristotle before he was born.

Cause that's the only way its gonna change.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
You're free to come up with whatever ridiculously retarded excuse you like but that doesn't alter reality. The watchmaker analogy isn't a false analogy except for when you try to associate ridiculous comparisons such as the one described in your very same copy n paste. So because a watch needs a watch maker, comparing it to covering up a tattoo some how falsifies the fact that the universe needed to have a creator? Must be nice to create your own straw man whenever you like and then pretend like it's me who's doing it. Lol, you couldn't be a more delusional psychopathic retard if you tried your fucking hardest. Herp derp lets just create straw man arguments all day and argue against myself and then pretend like I am the victor.
your NOT free to do any of that stuff because Unlkrkatharnak has already programmsed manifested desitiny into your mind. watchmaker is no good if you no tell TIME stupid pyschopathical retard faker...why can you no make tattoo on face for watch of Unlkrkatharnak who made petty lizard gods lumie?!?!?! WHY NOT HUH?!?!?!?! YOU THAT RETARD STUPID HUH?!?!?! me thinks you are scared to know angel space demon giant winged flying reptile so small make petty no success that you fear truth behind Unlkrkatharnak\

sad

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Except it is demonstrably so by the rules of syllogistic logic.

I'm sorry that you don't comprehend that a reduction to absurdity is a legitimate means by which to refute a fallacious false analogy, but it is, and no crying from you on the internet will change that.

If you want to change it, call the Lizard King, get him to loan you his time machine, and you go back in time and kill Aristotle before he was born.

Cause that's the only way its gonna change.
Nobody fucking said anything about a universe being able to cover up someone's wrist. You can't create your own straw man analogies to falsify actual ones. That is all you ever fucking do.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Nobody fucking said anything about a universe being able to cover up someone's wrist. You can't create your own straw man analogies to falsify actual ones. That is all you ever fucking do.
When you compare the universe to an object in it in order to reach conclusions, it is perfectly acceptable to simply reduce your comparison to its most ridiculous conclusions in order to illustrate how these two objects are not actually comparable at all. This is not a strawman, this is a reductio ad absurdum, which, again, if you'd ever taken a basic syllogistic logic class, you would know the difference between the two, and you would understand why the reduction to absurdity refutes your claims.

Cry harder, basically.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reductio_ad_absurdum

Reductio ad absurdum (Latin: "reduction to absurdity"), also known as argumentum ad absurdum (Latin: argument to absurdity), is a common form of argument which seeks to demonstrate that a statement is true by showing that a false, untenable, or absurd result follows from its denial,[1] or in turn to demonstrate that a statement is false by showing that a false, untenable, or absurd result follows from its acceptance. First appearing in classical Greek philosophy (the Latin term derives from the Greek "??? ?????? ???????" or eis atopon epagoge, "reduction to the impossible", for example in Aristotle's Prior Analytics),[1] this technique has been used throughout history in both formal mathematical and philosophical reasoning, as well as informal debate.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

A straw man or straw person, also known in the UK as an Aunt Sally,[1][2] is a type of argument and is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[3] To "attack a straw man" is to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and to refute it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.[3][4] This technique has been used throughout history in polemical debate, particularly in arguments about highly charged, emotional issues.
Continue to stay oh so completely mad about it though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man, there has been some weird as shit happening in my home lately. Look, im a die hard skeptic, have always been, but this shit is weird and its freaking me out. Things have been flying off counters with no one around. I find shit on the floor that I swear has been in drawers. One night I woke up in the middle of the night and the fucking shower was on in our bedroom bathroom full bast with the doors closed.

This past winter the wife hears the water running, so we check all the faucets and nothings is on. Later that day we go outside and notice the fucking hose is on and the fucked up thing was there was not footprints in the snow around it.

Either im going insane, someone is fucking trolling me in RL, or there is some unexplained shit going on in my house.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Unlkrkatharnak, Creator of the Creator of Wrists and their covers says that is all we need to do. Do you even READ the bible?

Bible Book written by the spawn of Unlkrkatharnak_sl said:
Also Bakbukiah and Unni, their brethren, were over against them in the watches. - Nehemiah 12:9
Over and against them....in the WATCHES....FUcking idiot.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Man, there has been some weird as shit happening in my home lately. Look, im a die hard skeptic, have always been, but this shit is weird and its freaking me out. Things have been flying off counters with no one around. I find shit on the floor that I swear has been in drawers. One night I woke up in the middle of the night and the fucking shower was on in our bedroom bathroom full bast with the doors closed.

This past winter the wife hears the water running, so we check all the faucets and nothings is on. Later that day we go outside and notice the fucking hose is on and the fucked up thing was there was not footprints in the snow around it.

Either im going insane, someone is fucking trolling me in RL, or there is some unexplained shit going on in my house.
Only one thing to do...
gal_ghostbusters_full.jpg

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Obviously you've gone insane because you did not immediately assume that Dragon Satan, locked in his hoary ice box in the mantle of the Earth, had sent his hordes of invisible reptile people wearing human faces to turn your water faucet on in the winter time.

For what purpose, though, Lumie?

FOR WHAT PURPOSE IS THE WATER HOSE BEING TURNED ON?