Lumi's Batshit Insane Thread

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Way better than thinking in "nothing powered gradual modification". I mean it's totally logical to think nothing can just get up and organize itself into ultra complex things. A bunch of star dust can just randomly organize for no fucking reason whatsoever into massively unbelievably complex things. Oh that's right, all it takes is time! If I left a bunch of lego's in a room by them self I sure bet that if I came back in a billion years that they'd just form into ultra complex things on their own because apparently all it takes for impossible things to occur is a shitload of time! Man if I only I could learn how to logic like this!

SnYv8V5.png

the best part of waking up

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
Oh that's right, all it takes is time! If I left a bunch of lego's in a room by them self I sure bet that if I came back in a billion years that they'd just form into ultra complex things on their own because apparently all it takes for impossible things to occur is a shitload of time!
A billion years is a long time. That's long enough for the legos, and the room they are located in, to breakdown from weathering, get incorporated into layers of sediment and eventually compressed into rock. Depending on where this room was located this rock might get thrust up into a mountain range, or re-exposed due to erosion. This erosion could sweep our now unrecognizable lego particles out to the ocean. Settling on the ocean floor, the lego particles will eventually get subducted back into the earth's mantle.

Throw even more time on top of the original billion years and the entire planet may become engulfed by a dying star. When this star dies it may go supernova or simply slough off an outer shell forming a dust cloud comprised of all of the elements it contained. This cloud could form into a new star with new planets and who knows what conditions may be found there.

So yes given enough time some pretty complex interactions can happen. All thanks to the inherent properties found in single particles of matter.

Also, do not confuse the impossible with the improbable. The difference between the two is infinite.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Way better than thinking in "nothing powered gradual modification". I mean it's totally logical to think nothing can just get up and organize itself into ultra complex things. A bunch of star dust can just randomly organize for no fucking reason whatsoever into massively unbelievably complex things. Oh that's right, all it takes is time! If I left a bunch of lego's in a room by them self I sure bet that if I came back in a billion years that they'd just form into ultra complex things on their own because apparently all it takes for impossible things to occur is a shitload of time! Man if I only I could learn how to logic like this!
Nobody is saying that these things happen for "no reason at all". If we know why they happen, we know. If we don't, we keep looking for the reasons. We don't jump to "all-powerful being obviously did this" when we're stumped for a bit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Hey Lumie, I was driving down the street the other day and I saw this. First thing I thought of was you, bro. Had to take a photo.

rrr_img_31646.jpg

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Nobody is saying that these things happen for "no reason at all". If we know why they happen, we know. If we don't, we keep looking for the reasons. We don't jump to "all-powerful being obviously did this" when we're stumped for a bit.
If nobody is making them happen, then they are happening for no reason. Things can't just happen on their own. At one point the entire universe did not exist. Then all of a sudden matter came into existence. People like you literally hold back the entire human race with your blatant ignorance. We know why these things happen and people like you don't like the answer so you insist one hasn't been found yet.

So yes given enough time some pretty complex interactions can happen. All thanks to the inherent properties found in single particles of matter.
Inherent properties given to it by whom? How can something have properties if someone didn't designate what those properties were. Can you seriously not grasp that particles are intelligently designed to act the way they do for a specific reason and with a specific cause? At one point no particles existed...anywhere. Particles cannot create themselves.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
This guy is a real glutton for punishment apparently.

1. Your very first claim "Nobody makes things happen therefore they happen for no reason or purpose" implies that there must be reason or purpose to existence. There doesn't. Your second claim "Events cannot just occur on their own" is demonstrably false. Events occur all the time with no purpose. Purpose isn't necessary and never was. You desire there to be a purpose, because then you think your life will have meaning. The fact that you are too weak willed to find meaning in your life without the Universe having some magic divine "purpose" for you does not imply that basic fundamental aspects of chemistry and physics are wrong just because you desire them to be. Further, most events you are claiming occur with no purpose, actually do have a purpose: Returning a system to equilibrium. Ice melts to liquid water because.....heat from the surrounding environment flows into the ice, attempting to equilibrate the temperature between the environment, and the water. This is a purpose...without design...without a creator....without an intent outside of the immediate need to equilibrate.

2. You claim that....people who believe in evolution are holding back the entire human race. You are a crazy person who believes the "entire human race" is being secretly run by Satan in the form of an ice bound dragon through the Illuminati and the Carnegie foundation. Which is more likely to hold back humanity, a belief in descent through gradual modification, or believing that the world was supposed to end in 2012? In fact why are you worried about people "holding back the human race" at all, when clearly, the only people doing so are the Reptile Time Lords, and beyond that, what is there to hold back? We're all supposed to die in the world ending catastrophe, right? So why are you contradicting yourself here? Couldn't be because you don't actually believe the shit you're spewing, right?

3. You imply that inherent properties must be given. This illustrates that you don't comprehend what the term "inherent" means. So let me help you:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/inherent

: involved in the constitution or essential character of something : belonging by nature or habit : intrinsic <risks inherent in the venture>
See that? Inherent: Involved in the constitution or ESSENTIAL CHARACTER of something. Belonging by NATURE or HABIT. The very definition of the word "inherent" excludes the capacity for "placed there by someone else".

4. You then employ a rhetorical fallacy, and a loaded question fallacy, when you ask the circular question of "How can something have properties if someone didn't designate them". The premise and conclusion are the same. They also ignore the simple fact that we've already discussed, that being that INHERENT PROPERTIES are not properties which are GIVEN, they are properties which are ESSENTIAL to the character of the object in question. So yeah.

5. Everything after the previous point is you just illustrating you've never had a basic chemistry or physics class. Its really super pathetic.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
If nobody is making them happen, then they are happening for no reason. Things can't just happen on their own. At one point the entire universe did not exist. Then all of a sudden matter came into existence. People like you literally hold back the entire human race with your blatant ignorance. We know why these things happen and people like you don't like the answer so you insist one hasn't been found yet. Inherent properties given to it by whom? How can something have properties if someone didn't designate what those properties were. Can you seriously not grasp that particles are intelligently designed to act the way they do for a specific reason and with a specific cause? At one point no particles existed...anywhere. Particles cannot create themselves.
YOU are the stupid shit that holds back all of retard mankinds power with your aemeture and outdated modal thinking ideas!!! THe universe did always exist it was just in a different reality created by the gods of your stupid star angel lizards...who do yiou think cfreated THEM you dumb retard idiot>!>! thats right, MY gods did...the TRUE creators of the entirenessall of reality...your tiny mind brain cannot even BECIN to comprend the facts and secrets that I know because your hold to this tiny idea that it was just some stupid magic wing snakes who wrtoe some stupid book and carved shit on some rocks hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ignorant fuck what are you some kind of cukfing caveman?!?! go back to your little space frogs and i will ILLUMINATE the truth and hopefully someday you can stop being so stupid idiot and learn the truth

see some of us here on the halolowed boards actually READ facts and UNDERSTAND knowledge and its painfully obvious that something made the stupid peon someone that you worship all day....lizaRDS in space? pfffft fuck you...if you acturally READ the bible it's SO fucking clear that "god" wrote about jesus because he was telling a story about his OWN life...he even says so...GOD IS JESUS JESUS IS GOD...so like...."gods" god is not going to be the one that made anything you dumb fuck....his god will (who is not some idiot lizard in a spaceship with faggy angel wings going all "ooooo paint me some shit in the sky and liek here are some giants and shit you morons"...someday you will get your idiot brain out o fyour ass and realize whoes actually behind it

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Serious arguments are wasted. The only appropriate response to a Lumi post is to point and laugh. Occasionally it's okay to try and drag him deeper down the rabbit hole to see how far his delusions can go.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Serious arguments are wasted. The only appropriate response to a Lumi post is to point and laugh. Occasionally it's okay to try and drag him deeper down the rabbit hole to see how far his delusions can go.
point and laugh at how ludurchris it is to think magic space dragons created universe?!?! yes...because its so obvious to those of us with brains they ar just simply one celled creatures to wht teh TRUTH is behind reality and all it encompasses to be real

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Can't a guy enjoy bagging on Creationists and David Icke followers without being presumed rustled?

We need a Scientologist on these forums bad so I can bag on them too.

Lumie, have you ever been audited by a Scientologist before?

How much did they charge you?

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Ice melts to liquid water because.....heat from the surrounding environment flows into the ice, attempting to equilibrate the temperature between the environment, and the water. This is a purpose...without design...without a creator....without an intent outside of the immediate need to equilibrate.
It's sad that you can't grasp that nature was designed to work the way it does by God. Systems cannot design themselves from nothing. At one point no particles existed, no matter of any kind existed. Ice melts when exposed to heat because that's how it was designed to work. All particles were created and designed with a specific purpose. All you can do is understand the underlying mechanics of these things and you use that knowledge to dismiss the creator himself. It's literally the same thing as finding a car and reverse engineering it and then going "herp derp, must've formed on it's own since we know how it works now".