Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just saw it. It was good, not great. Generic summer blockbuster sums it up pretty well.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I might not even bother now, thanks! Of course it helps that I'm going camping and mountain biking this weekend, but I might get around to it eventually. Or I might not care! I'd see it at release if I was going to be home.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Alamo did quite a bit to hype it up before the show, but was pretty explicit about keeping quiet because of the review embargo.

Juvarisx

Florida
Not only that but we have reviews saying that if their editing, costumes, cinematography isnt up for Oscars it would be a crime, and 1 even said the best one on one fight since the Matrix.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
..the film is almost nothing but chase, with each high-octane action sequence shunting into the next at breakneck speed...With its spare dialogue and dazzlingly choreographed and edited stunts, Miller's film often feels like a great silent movie - albeit a very loud one.

...What compounds the fun is Fury Road's wholesale rejection of the generally accepted blockbuster code of conduct, which dictates that expensive films have to be marketable to teenagers but still watchable by eight-year-olds in order to maximise box-office returns. Whether or not Miller was aware of these unspoken conventions, he has ploughed a blazing petrol tanker right through the middle of them. Fury Road takes a Rabelaisian delight in grotesque bodies, and the various ways in which they can be made to splatter, burn and pop.
Mad Max Fury Road review

Feien

Ploppers
I would definitely not call it generic summer blockbuster, it's definitely more than that. I suppose one could see it as generic since it's almost non stop action, but this is nowhere close to a Transformers or anything like that. This movie will be a part of my collection and will try to see it At Least once more in theater. The stunts are incredible and definitely carries the spirit of the previous Mad Max movies. At the end of the day it's almost pure spectacle, but a damn good one.

9/10

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I avoid reading reviews before I go to a movie, and I've been trying my best not to catch any Rotten Tomato scores.

Caught a glimpse of them this morning by accident.

Internal Hype Increased 100%

Juvarisx

Florida
Just talked to a friend who saw it, do NOT go and see this in 3D, I imagine it was a stipulation to have a 3D option by the studio for this to even get made.

Edit. Miller personally prefers the 2D version, that is all you need to know.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I never go in for that 3-D gimmick. It just makes things blurry and dark while giving me a headache.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That makes me glad that Alamo actively avoids 3d releases, except where mandated by the studios.

Column_sl

shitlord
I prefer Movie tavern over the Alamo. Better seating, food, and they are allowed to serve hard liquor.

Alamo is great for movie festivals tho

Column_sl

shitlord
Yes they all have Liquor, but the Alamos I visit in Houston, and Austin you can't get shots, bourbon and coke etc from.

Beer and wine: Some smaller bars or restaurants may only be granted a licence to sell "soft" liquors like beer and wine. This license does not entitle its owner to sell "hard" liquors, like spirits.
It's beer, daiquiris, and shit like that.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Great movie, much better than I expected. The imagery is amazing, everything is dirty and grotesque, and it's all so over the top. Not a summer blockbuster at all, at least in the traditional sense, it feels totally different than the usual Hollywood fluff. Tom Hardy is almost a silent protagonist, and there's no cumbersome love story at all between him and Theron (take note Whedon).