Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Apparently this is a 'feminist action film' now.

Mad Max: Fury Road - Eve Ensler Vagina Monologues Interview
"And that question wasn't bogged down by romance.

Wasn't that brilliant? He could have easily paired Charlize and Tom. But it was like, we're not going to make this about a woman gives up her power and falls in love with a guy. They're going to fight side by side, and the woman will save the man one moment and he'll save her the next."

Well, time to watch this in the cinema. I am so tired of all the retarded cliches in hollywood movies and this not having a forced romance and as it seems staying close to the originals means, I will give them my money. I hope i dont get dissappointed.

Siliconemelons

Max has never cared for any poon after they squished his wife and kids... even in RW he is like "they b rapeing... that will distract them while I sneak up and kill them to steal their gas, not to save her.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
All three theatres in town are only offering 3d. Fucking shitbags.

I should get two pairs of glasses and make anti-3d glasses.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My local Regal only has two theaters for this, one regular 3D and one 2D. The Cinemark has a couple more 3D showings but still only a single 2D theater.

Kind of torn between doing XD 3D or simply seeing 2D, although they left the fake IMAX as Avengers so I'm glad that's not even a choice.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I scored a free pass for tonight off one of those sites someone linked in one of these threads (gofobo.com I think), but it doesn't say if it is 3D or not. I mean, it's free, but I don't mind paying if it isn't what I want.

My only hope is that since Age of Ultron is playing there and clearly listed as 3D all day long (8pm and 9pm showings, for example), that they only have the two 3D theaters. Ultron was hard enough to watch in 3D, I can't imagine this being any easier.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The sad thing is the MRA author who wants to boycott the film hasn't even seen it. He read two articles that revealed something he didn't like (along with Theron being prominent in the trailer) and declaring it was awful enough to boycott.

Siliconemelons

Based off of all this are handicap SJWs going to start touting Beyond Thunderdome as a pivotal film in history because Max was shocked and didn't want to kill Blaster once he knocked his helmet off? Max aligns himself with whatever and whoever can help him survive while still having a thread of humanity hanging on to his values of a father, husband and police officer- while the rest of humanity has mostly just lost it and gone completely off the wall... I mean in reality what was wrong with Bartertown? It was a trade hub that was trying to establish some form of civilization in the midst of madness... sure there was corruption at the top and exploitation of workers...but its just a microcosm view of the world and corporate stuff as it is today... now the villains in RW and FR look tyrannical and despot not really the same with TD.. the first MM it was just outlandish outlaw"ness" that was running wild and unable to be stemmed by your "normal" police means- hence why Max had to go outside the law for justice!!! oh and then the apocalypse happened and now your in the desert with your dog.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The fact than hard R, action-oriented sci-fi is sitting at a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes has got me all turgid in the pants. Can it possibly be that good?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The fact than hard R, action-oriented sci-fi is sitting at a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes has got me all turgid in the pants. Can it possibly be that good?
Pretty sure that means it has to be shit.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fucking jobless pieces of shit, went to go the screening tonight and apparently the line started gathering around mid day and by the time I even got off work it was already to late. Saw ultron instead but super disappointed. With the new baby I doubt I get a second chance to see this.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
That guy they quote is a dumbfuck. Yeah Charlize Theron is pretty cool, her character isn't some whiny bitch, but Max is an insane badass. I can't imagine many SJWs even liking this movie, it's that good.
MRAs are often just as retarded as SJWs.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Fucking jobless pieces of shit, went to go the screening tonight and apparently the line started gathering around mid day and by the time I even got off work it was already to late. Saw ultron instead but super disappointed. With the new baby I doubt I get a second chance to see this.
Exact same thing happened to me, minus the baby. And I've already seen Ultron, so I just buried my sadness in In 'n' Out Burger instead. Guess I'll go see it this weekend.