Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

spronk

FPS noob
good trailer, i'll probably watch on release day

i'm surprised no release date for the video game though

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
There was, it's October 20, 2009.

Looks really good, especially since I remember there being an interview that there's a few minutes of plot suggestion and then it is one long ass adrenaline chase scene for the rest.

Juvarisx

Florida
Needless to say, the film looks tremendous. After screening the two clips, the first audience Q&A question came from none other than Robert Rodriguez.

"I'm an independent filmmaker here in Austin," said Rodriguez, who has directed films like Sin City and From Dusk till Dawn. "I was inspired by you, I grew up watching your movies. I guess my question is how the hell did you make this? It's go-for-broke cinema, it feels real."
George Miller Unveils New MAD MAX: FURY ROAD Footage at SXSW | Nerdist

Siliconemelons

New trailer makes me...a little nervous... yeah the "we are not things" crap whatever... it really matters not the "plot" but how max gets involved - both RW and BTD he gets involved as a conflicted hero- we have to remember his origin as much as the world was a generally good and place of order that was tipped over into crazy times, max was the same - being a police man, order law etc. and he himself is spun around into this lawless craziness where he just tries to survive... his "new" survival self conflicts with his old "law and protector" self - and add in the pain of his wife and kid getting flattened and you do have a decent character. He most likely gives 2 shits about the cadre of concubines, much like he gave no shits for the petrol plant people or the BT citizens or the airplane kids ... at first... if max busts in there all like "sure, its the right thing to do! lets go chicks who all own the last pieces of white fabric on the earth! lets get outta here! FOR GREAT JUSTICE!" then it will suck...

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Looks more like to me he just happens to get captured by the same gang and is just along for the ride (heh) like Patton Oswalt.

Guy should have gotten a cameo as a hood ornament.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yeah...mad max isn't a good guy, he's like an unintentional anti-hero, who only cares about surviving

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It looks like the plot is basically Immortan Joe chasing down Furiosa for stealing his harem. Which, if so... cool, but goddamn that's a lot of gas to waste on a little bit of trim. There must be more vaginas in the world than functioning gas pumps.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think those women are perhaps the ONLY women they have? Kind of a big deal for repopulation and fun-time-having purposes. I could be wrong, didn't comb the trailer 3x yet.

spronk

FPS noob
new trailer is kinda weird the entire first 1:40 is from the original movies only. Its a bit jarring seeing the contrast between the 80s style visual effects and cheap sets and suddenly jump into 2015 big budget movie. Still hyped, maybe its just me who finds this trailer weird.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
I see they tacked on a female "co-hero" to please the politicaly correct...

Ah well, Im too much of a fan of post-apocalyptia to not see another Mad Max movie and I really hope that the game will be the sandbox world they talked about a few years ago.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh, when you think about it every film pretty much involved Max helping/protecting women and children and they were never fully damsels in distress but more hardened by the post-apocalyptic world and participants to a degree. Only exception being Max's wife and kid in the original kinda but that was a different scenario. So I'm not worried that its a female co-lead as much as a supporting character. Max was also always more of the stoic observer until shit hits the fan, the other characters, especially the villains, really moved the plot along more than Max himself. He's fairly anti-hero in some ways.

Faith

Useless lazy bastard.
Oh Im not "worried", I just find it funny. The way she is shown in the trailer indicates (to me, I might be wrong!) that she will have a much more important role then the normal side-kick from the older movies. This might be a good thing, who knows. I am not getting any major hero/anti-hero vibes from the new Max so maybe she can pick up the slack /shrug.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Damn. Those images from 1 and road warrior make me realize how awesome those movies were: scenario, style, clothes, cars....everything was really well done (except maybe the fast forward scenes lol).
I have to review them again.

About Max, I already wrote before, he is an anti-hero. Not a good guy, not a sjw, just some guy with a shitty life who wants to survive.