Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

spronk

FPS noob
spoilered for those who want to go into the movie pure, just something i read about max in new movie

supposedly max has only 16 words in the new movie, so it makes sense that charlize theron does all the talking and serves as exposition/etc to the viewer

reminds me a bit of judge dredd (new one) and the mask never coming off.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the colors in that new footage is just off the scale. i dont want to say its distracting because 300 had some beautiful images as well and it did not take anything away from the movie. the sped up stuff in the original had a campy charm and it probably was due to some editor wanting to keep everything fast and intense and the original speed was lacking.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh Im not "worried", I just find it funny. The way she is shown in the trailer indicates (to me, I might be wrong!) that she will have a much more important role then the normal side-kick from the older movies. This might be a good thing, who knows. I am not getting any major hero/anti-hero vibes from the new Max so maybe she can pick up the slack /shrug.
Max is an anti-hero. You need a true 'lawful good' character to push him into doing something good. Otherwise it's just a guy trying to escape and not giving a fuck. That is less entertaining than having some one who spent probably the first 1/2 of the film running away from insurmountable odds, then at a point turning around and going right towards them. Ain't got nothing to do with SWJ's. And it's Theron who can act. Not fucking Jessica Alba or some shit.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
He's basically lost everything he ever cares about in the world but goes on surviving instead of killing himself. To the people he runs into he seems like a quiet weirdo or a potentially dangerous psycho that they can't get a bead on because he just says nothing and looks at them. But inside its clear he still IS lawful good himself, he's just too calloused by what he's been through to let himself care about others again unless its life or death and someone innocent/good needs protected.

Anyway, sixteen words in the whole film sounds fucking great to me. Not compromising the vision for a more accessible film. I also liked that sort of third person from the future narration in Thunderdome and wouldn't mind a return to some of that too.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Trailers look awesome. The reboot looks really well done. Hopefully, this will get the support Dredd never got. The studio didn't support Dredd worth a damn which is really sad. I love the way many of the newest movies really get the material.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I had little faith in this movie but all the trailers especially international make it look awesome

Siliconemelons

I keep getting the vibe that a good 70-80% of this movie is going to be one insanely long chase- I know that was the objective set out for this movie years and years ago when it started and kept getting scrapped because of wars and political stuff. As the "big chase" has been traditionally the latter quarter of the movie and its resolve (RW and Thunderdome)... so...that will be awesome if so :) Heck it will be awesome no matter what because I love Mad Max.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
mad_max_4_fury_road_1959_cadillac_gigahorse_3_by_maltian-d5oomuu.jpg

Fury-Road-header1.jpg

mad_max_4_fury_road_mercedes_benz_tanker_1_by_maltian-d6wqe0j.jpg

Is this a continuing story from Road Warrior? Same masked head bad guy, ties up ppl in front of cars as trophies. I havent heard much on the story other than some spoilers months back and it was covering Theron's character story as a 3 part series.

file.php

madmax-furyroad.jpg

vs

Taking-aim.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've thought it seemed very similar from the beginning as well, but I guess RW was everyone's favorite installment so we could do worse. Really, if any franchise can simply be done again with the same formula but updated for present day, it would probably be Mad Max. Not sure if its actually a continuation like a sequel style but somehow I doubt it. I figured it was more like a reboot of the series in a way.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Huh, I thought it was a reboot, not a continuation. Either way, 16 words of dialogue is going to be interesting in a very Dredd way, and I am ok with that.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Just did a quick count on my fingers . . .

"Two days ago, I saw a vehicle that'll haul that tanker. You wanna get out of here? Talk to me!"

That's 20 words. And that was me trying to find one bit of dialogue that makes it all work.

So it's gotta be that, but trimmed down a little . . . huh.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe it was sixteenlines...Where's the exact quote on that? Someone just posted it from memory I think.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe it was sixteenlines...Where's the exact quote on that? Someone just posted it from memory I think.
Mel Gibson only had16 linesof dialogue in the entire film, and two of them were: "I only came for the gasoline."
According to IMDB....

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wtf is a line by that definition? That's hurting my brain

Edit: Wait, he says it twice doesn't he. So one line twice is two lines. Derp.

That's for the original version right? So they're trying to mimic that for the new one, or so the rumor goes?

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Bit of cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_(franchise)
rrr_img_95372.png

Seems its not related. but still cool:

Mad Max 2
Lord Humungus, officially in the script as "The Humungus," or occasionally known as "Humungus," was the leader of a merciless and psychotic motorcycle gang of marauders that took dominance long after Toecutter's gang. He acts as the main antagonist in the events of Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. He is portrayed by Kjell Nilsson.
http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_Humungus

Mad Max 4
Immortan Joe (formerly known as Colonel Joe Moore) is the main villain of Mad Max: Fury Road. Wearing a mask with a skull motif and what seem to be vacuum pipes he also carries two revolvers and a cane. The teeth on his mask come from a horse and were bolted onto it. The purpose of the mask is to help him breathe. He is the father of Rictus Erectus. Gained his power through manipulating the people and tricking them into thinking he was brought back from the dead. His followers are known as the War Boys.

Immortan Joe also runs a compound capable of repairing and modifying vehicles captured in the wasteland [citation needed]. He seems to be wearing medals and military insignia to further establish his leadership.
http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Immortan_Joe

Siliconemelons

Bit of cool:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mad_Max_(franchise)
rrr_img_95372.png

Seems its not related. but still cool:

Mad Max 2
Lord Humungus, officially in the script as "The Humungus," or occasionally known as "Humungus," was the leader of a merciless and psychotic motorcycle gang of marauders that took dominance long after Toecutter's gang. He acts as the main antagonist in the events of Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior. He is portrayed by Kjell Nilsson.
http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_Humungus

Mad Max 4
Immortan Joe (formerly known as Colonel Joe Moore) is the main villain of Mad Max: Fury Road. Wearing a mask with a skull motif and what seem to be vacuum pipes he also carries two revolvers and a cane. The teeth on his mask come from a horse and were bolted onto it. The purpose of the mask is to help him breathe. He is the father of Rictus Erectus. Gained his power through manipulating the people and tricking them into thinking he was brought back from the dead. His followers are known as the War Boys.

Immortan Joe also runs a compound capable of repairing and modifying vehicles captured in the wasteland [citation needed]. He seems to be wearing medals and military insignia to further establish his leadership.
http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Immortan_Joe
That dude got in shape for this movie eh? Or is that chest a Kahn cast
wink.png
I think they could do a plot twist and say it is Toecutter that he somehow survived the events of MM and that's why he hated-imprisoned-captured Max etc... either way it really does not matter :p Movie will be awesome and should be the first time in a long time my butts been in a theater.