Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Saw it last night. I haven't been this satisfied with a movie in as long as I can remember. I went in with certain expectations for a Mad Max flick and it met every one of them. It was badass start to finish. I particularly appreciate how they didn't baby the audience with on the nose story telling. It is all there if you pay attention, but it isn't necessary to enjoy the movie.

For anyone who doesn't think this movie was incredible, what the hell were you expecting? 7/10 my fucking ass. This was at least a 9 and for me it was 10/10 for meeting or exceeding all of my expectations. Miller should direct all action movies for the rest of forever.

Simas_sl

shitlord
I just saw it. I'd rate it 8/10. It's def my favorite action movie in a long time. I've enjoyed The Raid and stuff like it, but I tend to find myself bored about 2/3 of the way in. This was great from beginning to end. I don't think it's better than Kill Bill Vol. 1; Terminator 2; Aliens; Die Hard; Die Hard 3; and probably Predator. Still it can be reasonably mentioned in conversation with those, and that says a lot.

It'll be interesting to see what the anti-SJW crowd makes of the overt feminist themes in the movie. The author of the Vagina Monologues consulted on the film.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Holy fuck is this movie good, can't say i've been that excited from a movie in awhile. Enjoyed tons of movies, but this was fist clenching twisted metal action at is finest. I only have 1 complaint and I had to dig deep for it.
Not enough Interceptor

In the meantime, enjoy the Peacemaker irl.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I don't think I'll see another action movie this amazing for many years.

It'll be interesting to see what the anti-SJW crowd makes of the overt feminist themes in the movie. The author of the Vagina Monologues consulted on the film.
A bunch of badass ladies? What's there not to like? I bet they all get down in scissortown.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'll also say that I didn't find the 3D version too offensive to my eyes.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Pretty good, 9/10ish. Tom Hardy's speaking was weird to me. If you've seen Bronson it feels like he channeled that character at times. Real weird.

Guitarist dude ruled.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
9/10 and I only take one point away because I had to tell some Faulty Armors to shut the fuck up. Fucking mainland Chinese scum stay in your own shit hole country.

Fucking intense movie though.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
Was awesome. So awesome. First time in a long time where we went to see an action movie in theatres and I didn't end up sitting there waiting for it to be over.

Going to second on the Tom Hardy-as-Bronson thing, though I'm wondering if that weird shifting accent/grunting thing might just be him.

Needless

Toe Sucker
This movie was so god damn awesome to watch, saying it was an 8/10 film is insane.
Its a 9.5 at the very least, literally nothing about the movie that i did not think was phenomenal

He talked like that because he was 'crazy' and was alone for a long ass time.

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Was fucking awesome. Max sounds weird because he was off his rocker and only get some semblance of sanity some times later, hell, everyone is just insane. Action starts like 5 seconds in and ends when the movie ends. It's pretty goddamned hard to find a way to be more entertained with your clothes on.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
9/10 and I only take one point away because I had to tell some Faulty Armors to shut the fuck up. Fucking mainland Chinese scum stay in your own shit hole country.

Fucking intense movie though.
Faulty Armors are Korean, get your racism right for fucks sake.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah, call them Chinks like every other racist. Jesus.

Seeing this tomorrow, and after reading the reviews that weren't McQueen, I'm pretty stoked.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Film is on pace for only mid forties (while pitch perfect 2 is looking at sixty plus, heh). With a 200 million dollar budget, not exactly a great message to studio executives about whether this kind of film is worth it for them to make. Of course this is only off Friday numbers so things could change but worth noting audience isn't rating it as high as critics (yep, you heard that right).

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What the mother fuck? This movie is nonstop fucking awesome. You have to be some good damn hipster heathen to not enjoy it.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I haven't seen a movie more than once in the theaters since the original Jurrasic Park. I'm definitely going to see this again.