Mad Max

Pagan

Lord Nagafen Raider
Damn.. looks good- other than poor "mob" fighting "1980s one at a time kungfu" type AI.
Looks more like the fighting structure from the Batman video games w/ killing which I see as a good thing. Game looks promising, little mix of Madmax,Borderlands and Batman open world?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Reminds me of Batman and Shadow of Mordor. My interest is piqued.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Getting a very Mordor vibe from the first look, which isn't a bad thing, think it's mostly that they're using very similar marketing more than gameplay besides open world + violent Batman style combat though.

They got a date on it yet?

Edit: Boo at Soy taking some of the words out of my mouth first.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Sorry, I'm very quick to get into someone's mouth.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, not even very interested in the movie, but a Mordor/Batman style game by the developer of Just Cause 2? Hell yeah.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Comes out the same day as Phantom Pain, which means its going to bomb and bomb hard, but the gameplay looks so goddamn good.

Anyway, you can get it 50% off from Green Man Gaming until Friday at midnight with this code

MADMAX-SAVE50-MADMAX

Might make a purchase more palatable for some, I dunno. But the game looks really really stupidly good.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Comes out the same day as Phantom Pain, which means its going to bomb and bomb hard, but the gameplay looks so goddamn good.

Anyway, you can get it 50% off from Green Man Gaming until Friday at midnight with this code

MADMAX-SAVE50-MADMAX

Might make a purchase more palatable for some, I dunno. But the game looks really really stupidly good.

So did Rage and while I liked Rage it was an unfinished mess.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Rage came from a studio that hadnt produced a game in over half a decade, that hadnt produced a title of quality in closer to 15 years.

Meanwhile Warner Brothers backed movie tie ins such as shadow of mordor which have generally been well received.

The comparison to Rage seems an egregiously pessimistic viewpoint.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
If it is awesome I will buy it, just done preordering based on trailers these days is all.
Oh thats completely fair, yeah.

I just expect this to bomb not based on its quality or lack thereof, but rather the incredible stupidity of releasing it the same day as MGS. Which is going to be fantastic, no doubt.

Thats why I thought Id at least make a topic so people that might be interested can jump on it for half price before the 50 % off sale ends on Friday.

Vorph

Avalanche is the studio behind the Just Cause series, so that gives me at least some optimism. The combat in the trailer looked good, but I hope it's not just another copy-paste of Batman's combat like Shadow of Mordor was. I really hate "gameplay" videos that remove all the UI elements, makes it a lot harder to judge what the game is actually like.

Personally, I thought MGS4 was the second-worst (SO4 was in an untouchable league of its own) game I ever stuck in my PS3. Even though I'm a glutton for punishment and will rent MGS5 anyway, I'll definitely give Mad Max a shot first.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I personally don't care if it bombs saleswise, I just want it to be GOOD. Like even half as good as the movie would probably be OK. This game is the one that is finally making me cave in and get a PS4.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I personally don't care if it bombs saleswise, I just want it to be GOOD. Like even half as good as the movie would probably be OK. This game is the one that is finally making me cave in and get a PS4.
I definitely want it to be good, and I would like it to not bomb so if it is good, we get some sequels. Because the Mad Max setting is awesome, the newest movie was amazing, and I'd just like to see more post apocalyptic titles in general that aren't Fallout (even though I love Fallout)

Personally, I thought MGS4 was the second-worst (SO4 was in an untouchable league of its own) game I ever stuck in my PS3. Even though I'm a glutton for punishment and will rent MGS5 anyway, I'll definitely give Mad Max a shot first.
MGS4 was probably my least favorite and definitely I share the opinion that it was among the worst (I can't recall what SO4 is an acronym for tbh).

However, if you haven't played Ground Zeroes, let me just say that an open world game with those mechanics will, by definition, be the best MGS game ever. That shit is so tight its stupid.

Vorph

It definitely would be nice to have more post-apoc games than just Fallout. Not really concerned about it being as bad as Rage was, as even just what's shown in the 'gameplay' video has far more depth than Rage ever did. I figure at worst it'll be like Just Cause with Batman-style melee combat replacing the guns and the car replacing the grappling hook as the primary gimmick. Which would still be a pretty fun game even if it didn't really live up to the potential.

MGS4 was probably my least favorite and definitely I share the opinion that it was among the worst (I can't recall what SO4 is an acronym for tbh).
Star Ocean 4. Totally unrelated, just happens to one of the worst games I've ever played.

However, if you haven't played Ground Zeroes, let me just say that an open world game with those mechanics will, by definition, be the best MGS game ever. That shit is so tight its stupid.
Ground Zeroes gameplay was pretty good, easily a lot better than MGS4. My problem with MGS is the writing though. It ranges from utter nonsense to shit that's bizarre even by Japanese standards to breaking the fourth wall, which hits the trifecta of things I hate. Ground Zeroes was ok at first but got progressively more weird as you found the tapes, so I'm not really sure what to expect from Phantom Pain.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I dunno man, the story seems like utter nonsense on the surface, but its actually really pretty intense and deep.

Like Solidus was actually the good guy in MGS 2 for instance.

I really like Metal Gear's story, particularly Big Boss' story arc.