Mad Max

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Here the guy even made a better video explaining his review - and goes into in depth detail as to why he didn't like the game.

As far as I am concerned, this is a pretty damn good explanation of a review the guy should have never had to explain anyway.

Why Mad Max Got a 6/10 - The Lobby - YouTube

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Well, the game has been 40 and 50% off on pc for the past couple weeks. I paid 30 bucks for it. Most of the people buying it (on pc) aren't paying anywhere close to 60 bucks for it, and at 60 bucks it probably would be too high to warrant the cost. Especially coming out alongside MGSV.

I found Shadows to be very repetitive (I still haven't beaten it and I liked the game generally speaking, but it did bog down once I got to the second map and had to basically repeat everything that I had just done on the first map again), my point is that repetitive doesn't equate to automatically bad because, well, just look at Shadows and how repetitive it was, yet it was still solid.

The Nemesis system in Shadows was strong, and pretty much any open world game with repetitive context could use something similar.

I've played both this and MGS V. MGS is, of course, going to be a much stronger title. Its Kojima's Magnum Opus, his fairwell song to a beloved series, and the largest, most finely tuned version of MGS to ever release.

But Mad Max isn't half bad. Its certainly not as mediocre as a 6/10 would indicate. ITs an open world brawlan and driving and scavanging game. If you like games like Fallout and Shadows and whatnot, I don't see how someone can actively dislike this game (and I recognize you aren't saying that and haven't even played it, so don't think I'm implying you're saying that).

That's pretty much my only point. If you like the setting (post apocalyptic) liked the recent movie (everyone did except hoss) and don't mind the combat from the Batman games, I just don't see how someone could go wrong picking it up at the 40 and 50 percent off its been recently.

All that said, I'm playing MGS right now, not Mad Max, for a reason. Its fucking Metal Gear.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Don't worry. This will not be the last Metal Gear game, and regardless of what you heard, Kojima and Konami have already patched things up.

FYI: Silent Hills looks like it will go back into development as well.

No source.

(There is an easter egg in Metal Gear for PT if you can find it)

I'd buy this game if it were 30 on console (Madmax) So I will wait for the price drop and give it a shot.

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
WB did not kiss the ring with this game, it sent very few review copies out. That means the review scores are probably lower than they should. I'm really liking it so far, it's Shadow of Mordor in disguise and I loved that game, even 100%'d it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Polygon gave it a shit score. And yes, becauseit wasn't a progressive utopian vision like they were expecting. If you consider this as inversely related to actual quality as their shit score of the Witcher3, this might actually be decent.
Did you read the review at all? It briefly mentioned that. 90% of the review was truly about the game and talked about positive and negative issues that had nothing to do with portrayal of women. Such a disingenuous post.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Loving it so far but I think I got hit with a game crippling bug last night on PS4. Died in a sandstorm and when I came back, now the touchpad button won't bring up the map, which I kind of need.
Touchpad works elsewhere, like the browser. Tried resetting controller, powering system off and on, and uninstalling/reinstalling game from disk. System is brand new, and I tried 2 controllers, both had same issue.

Thoughts? Needless to say, I'm a little pissed, since this is the game that finally sold me on a next-gen system.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Needless to say, I'm a little pissed, since this is the game that finally sold me on a next-gen system.
Out of all the great games on PS4 now, this is the one that sold you on purchasing a system?

You'll be relieved to know there are about 10 must haves for the PS4 and you haven't played them yet. So look at this game as a blessing in disguise.

spronk

FPS noob
Loving it so far but I think I got hit with a game crippling bug last night on PS4. Died in a sandstorm and when I came back, now the touchpad button won't bring up the map, which I kind of need.
Touchpad works elsewhere, like the browser. Tried resetting controller, powering system off and on, and uninstalling/reinstalling game from disk. System is brand new, and I tried 2 controllers, both had same issue.

Thoughts? Needless to say, I'm a little pissed, since this is the game that finally sold me on a next-gen system.
dunno haven't hit that bug yet, but there are definitely a few bugs around. I've gotten stuck in a few spots and had to reload checkpoint to get out. Also once I was trying to pull down a sniper tower and somehow the entire base got converted to my property, even though I hadn't even gone in to kill anyone, open the gate, etc.

Maybe the sandstorm disables the map or something, I know at certain points of the game the controls just assume stuff (like can't fire weapons in certain places etc) without really telling you. Either keep playing for a bit and see if it fixes itself, go into the options and see about changing controller setup and then back to default, could also start a new game in diff save slot and see if it works there.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Out of all the great games on PS4 now, this is the one that sold you on purchasing a system?

You'll be relieved to know there are about 10 must haves for the PS4 and you haven't played them yet. So look at this game as a blessing in disguise.
Oh I know. Shadow of Mordor, Bloodborne, GTA V Remastered, Witcher 3, hell, I'd even be up for rebuying Diablo 3 with content updates. Plus there are some very good $20 downloads out there. Mad Max was just the game that brought it past the tipping point for me so I wanted it to be the first one I picked up and played. Witcher 3 almost did it, but the timing wasn't right with school stuff I had going on.

dunno haven't hit that bug yet, but there are definitely a few bugs around. I've gotten stuck in a few spots and had to reload checkpoint to get out. Also once I was trying to pull down a sniper tower and somehow the entire base got converted to my property, even though I hadn't even gone in to kill anyone, open the gate, etc.

Maybe the sandstorm disables the map or something, I know at certain points of the game the controls just assume stuff (like can't fire weapons in certain places etc) without really telling you. Either keep playing for a bit and see if it fixes itself, go into the options and see about changing controller setup and then back to default, could also start a new game in diff save slot and see if it works there.
Makes a lot of sense, I'll give it a try tonight on a new save slot and see what happens.

Edit: That was exactly it Spronk. A fresh game had no issues. Good thing I "only" lost 6 hours. Not if you excuse me, I am awaited somehere. Val-hall-something.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Oh I know. Shadow of Mordor, Bloodborne, GTA V Remastered, Witcher 3, hell, I'd even be up for rebuying Diablo 3 with content updates. Plus there are some very good $20 downloads out there. Mad Max was just the game that brought it past the tipping point for me so I wanted it to be the first one I picked up and played. Witcher 3 almost did it, but the timing wasn't right with school stuff I had going on.
Ok good
smile.png

Don't forget to rent Until Dawn, and if you have not played some of the downloadable games yet, Child of Light, Grim Fandango remastered, Etc.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've seen a few minor ui bugs here and there. One time *WARCRIER DEFEATED!* for stick on my screen for about 10 minutes. That was fun. My personal favorite us randomly getting out of the car will send it flying like it got hit by a train, even though nothing is around you

GeneralF

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I bought this game with Hodj's half-price code on Green Man Gaming. They sent me a code when the game was available for pre-loading and that's the code I used. Then on the day the game came out they sent me a second code. Did they fuck up or what? I haven't tried the second code yet but since it's different from the first one I assume it's good. I did not pay twice for this game either.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
So I bought this game with Hodj's half-price code on Green Man Gaming. They sent me a code when the game was available for pre-loading and that's the code I used. Then on the day the game came out they sent me a second code. Did they fuck up or what? I haven't tried the second code yet but since it's different from the first one I assume it's good. I did not pay twice for this game either.
That's the code for the bonus car body.

The codes they originally sent out didn't include the Ripper like they were supposed to, so they went back to WB and got them to give them codes for that bonus DLC and sent them out. Go ahead and redeem it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok so I watched the movie with my wife last night. Quick question: is the dude who plays the two rock guitar hanging by rope in front of the car a playable character?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The game is set after the movie, flame guitar dude is dead.

The movie is so good its stupid.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
The game is set after the movie, flame guitar dude is dead.

The movie is so good its stupid.
That's too bad. I loved that guy. Would have made for a great level design for a mission or 6. Playing the guitar and staying on a vehicle while being blasted at, and the better you play, the better your dudes do.

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
That game already exists. Its called Elite Beat Agents.

I do like this game, but it has its flaws. Open world post apoc games are hard to come by and this game nails the movie universe. Repetitiveness and mushy driving controls land it in B- territory for me.