Mad Max

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Just played the tutorial. Definitely some frame rate loss during driving scenes, similar to Arkham City's problems, but not nearly as bad.

I enjoyed it though.

spronk

FPS noob
Really enjoying this so far, gonna play this and MGS 5 for a few hours this week and see which one I wanna finish first. The first 60 seconds of the game really capture that mad max world-vibe

very first boss you meet: Scabrous Scrotus, son of Immortan Joe, brother of Rictus Erectus

lol

Column_sl

shitlord
Yup, it's not a scam. I'm pretty sure they are working with MSI as well because they are linked to their contest.

Bought it for 19 bucks. If it sucks not much of an investment.

Got my key instantly ,and validated etc

Yup, it's not a scam. I'm pretty sure they are working with MSI as well because they are linked to their contest.

Bought it for 19 bucks. If it sucks not much of an investment.

Got my key instantly ,and validated etc
Sweet , 20 bucks from what i have seen on twitch is hella worth it.Thanks for the reply.Well damn , got key damn near instant as well. How can they sell keys for so cheap?

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Sweet , 20 bucks from what i have seen on twitch is hella worth it.Thanks for the reply.Well damn , got key damn near instant as well. How can they sell keys for so cheap?
Game prices vary from region to region, so they buy a whole bunch of keys from cheapest regions & what not, and resale them. Used them a few times, never had any issues.

My question is: Is this game better than Rage? No anticipation to buy it, but $19 is hard to pass up. Btw, hated Rage. Felt extremely on the rails and just sloppy.

Ps. Polygon is fucking terrible, they are all about the "Let's over analyze everything to fucking death".

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I get the comparison to Rage, but it really really really really does not fit.

Rage was a bad single player Borderlands.

This is an open world 3rd person RPG with very limited ammo where you scavenge scrap and fuel, build a bad ass mother trucking vehicle and engage in brawling and vehicular combat that is actually fairly similar to the small vehicle on small vehicle combat of the recent film. Its not perfect, definitely seeing some of the technical issues with framerates even on PC, but it is solid, especially at 20-30 dollar brand new price range.

If you are passing on this because you think it might be like Rage, lay those fears aside.

Think Shadow of Mordor where you exchange stealth for cars, brawlin, and scavenging.

spronk

FPS noob
Avalanche did the PC port in house (same for Just Cause 3) and all accounts are that its a good port. PS4 version is great so far, the game is definitely very Ubisoft-ish in that there are tons of collectables (optional) and perks and skill trees and stuff. If you hated games like far cry or shadows of mordor this will not change your mind, but if you like those kind of games this is pretty fun. After 2-3 hours I do get a little bored and switch to something a little more... shooter-y/faster paced. Combat is pretty much a clone of batman 1, down to evade/parry and combos and super saiyan batman mode.
Mad Max's PC Version Runs Really Well (So Far)

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
No, not Arkham Knight bad, but clearly a similar problem.

I'm getting like 130 fps 95% of the time, and then once every little bit, frames will collapse to sub 30 for a few seconds.

Had one crash early on in vehicle combat where it crashed the video cards as a result.

Its not that big a deal, its not a deal breaker/game breaker.

khorum

Murder Apologist
That was kinda my experience with arkham though: mostly fine but with excruciating shit fps moments. I was definitely gonna check the game out.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Yeah I played Arkham Knight and my experience there was that when the car started going to fast, every single time the game would start having fits.

Here its just every once in awhile. Like once or two in a half hour of play.

I don't know how better to describe it. I don't want to make it sound like its remotely as bad as in Arkham Knight, where it was practically crippling and totally game breaking.

I don't feel it is that way in Mad Max.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I have enough on my plate with Metal Gear, but Gamespot fairly well trashed the game 6/10

http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/mad-.../1900-6416232/

The thing I hate the most are repetitive mission structures. May as well rent this one. From all takes here, it sounds like awesome fun for 2-3 hours until you realize the entire game is the same over and over again.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Large open world game repeats quests.

News at 11.

Yet Shadow of Mordor got rave reviews. 99% of that game, as decent as it is, is repeating the same three or four activities over and over again.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Large open world game repeats quests.

News at 11.

Yet Shadow of Mordor got rave reviews. 99% of that game, as decent as it is, is repeating the same three or four activities over and over again.
I loved Shadows of Mordor because of the Orc Personality system - it completely gave everything I did repercussions in the game and then remembered some of the coolest things ever. Like if I burned an orc sometimes the thing would come back all burned up and afraid of fire or even hilariously sometimes immune to it. Or if an Orc killed me it would then taunt me by saying I wasn't worth the effort and just let me live (Which pissed me off even more)

The questing system in Shadows and the story line behind it wasn't repetitive. The gameplay mechanics were solid, and the other things to do had enough variety to make going through some of the other (and lesser) mundane activities somewhat hilarious.

I have not played this game at all, but I typically agree with Gamespot reviews pretty much to the T. I thought Shadows was an 8. As of right now, I think Metal Gear is most definitely a 10. If they are saying this game gets old after 2 hours, that sets off an alarm to me to not spend 60 bucks out of the gate. It may be a great game for all I know, I haven't played it. I am just going by a review site which I trust. And I have more than enough shit to play currently. Especially since Metal Gear 5 will be taking every second of free time available for the unforseeable future.