Mad Max

spronk

FPS noob
yeah i'd agree, i traded it in last week while i love the game and setting its very much got that repetitive nature of ubisoft games pretty early on. the story seems a bit paper thin, mostly just a dude telling you to do a million fetch quests to build up a car. Still, the setting/style/atmosphere/etc is absolutely amazing and well worth checking out if you are a huge fan of the movie.

Its a wbplay game so I'd expect it to be on sale black friday for $20 or less on consoles, you can already get around that price on pc from shadier places like g2a/cdkey

Itzena_sl

shitlord
That game already exists. Its called Elite Beat Agents.

I do like this game, but it has its flaws. Open world post apoc games are hard to come by and this game nails the movie universe. Repetitiveness and mushy driving controls land it in B- territory for me.
Ahem.

khalid

Unelected Mod
The game is set after the movie, flame guitar dude is dead.
Welp, guess I'm not buying the game now.
frown.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The game is set after the movie, flame guitar dude is dead.

The movie is so good its stupid.
it's not set after the movie. it's not really set before or during the movie either. in the game, max has the black on black taken from him and dismantled. in the movie, max has the black on black taken from him and used against him and destroyed. it seems to be the same idea of story telling as the movies in the sense that continuity is purposefully ignored. not in a disrespectful tone, but more in that mad max in the wasteland is conan in hyboria. a bunch of stand alone stories that are loosely connected

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I had read somewhere its supposed to be a sequel. Scabrous Scrotus is Immortan Joes son, and Immortan Joe is dead in the story line of it. It is inconsistent though, and more constructed on the mythology of the story than any particular storyline.

j00t

I had read somewhere its supposed to be a sequel. Scabrous Scrotus is Immortan Joes son, and Immortan Joe is dead in the story line of it. It is inconsistent though, and more constructed on the mythology of the story than any particular storyline.
Is important Joe dead? I haven't seen that mentioned in the game. I've only just gotten to pink eye though

Edit: my phone... Auto corrects immortan into important.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I haven't had time to play it like...at all...in fact haven't had time to play MGS V either, but that's my understanding. Joe is dead, Scabrous Scrotus runs Gastown at the start of the game because that people eater dude is dead from the movie as well.

I could be completely wrong, that's what a review or something said, so that was the info I was going off of.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah early in the game (like first 15 secs) you fight Immortan Joe's son and it seems to give the idea that Joe is dead but i didn't play enough to get closer to Gastown or Joe's (old) homebase. It really, really, really expands the size of the Wasteland from the movie. From the movie it feels like its really barren stretches of vast emptiness and just a few pockets of humanity, but the game world is absolutely massive and much more populated with small settlements.

The in game lore is great, you get little cards and stuff for people and places you encounter and some of it is voiced so its really fun to explore everything and read about everything. There are also artifacts from pre-collapse you find that have that sad Fallout "welp... them feels.." vibe.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Game world is almost too big in a way. It just feels...daunting? I had finally almost completely cleared out the starting areas of stuff to do, then it opened up more map like x3 the size of what I was dealing with before, and I had already spent like 12 hours doing all that =\

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I can see the critiques about repetitiveness but the only thing that has gotten old to me so far is hunting down collectibles. Spend 10-15 minutes clearing a camp, then 20 minutes looking for that last goddamn piece of scrap. Thanks, OCD.
That and I hear complaints about lack of endgame. I could chase and battle convoys all day long.

Killswitch

N00b
Enjoyed the game but had problems trying to unlock the Jack. Didn't realize you had to have the parts installed and selected to move it forward to the final quest. At that point I was already upgraded past those points and was raging why I couldn't get the quest to progress. Def some lack of explanation in some area of the quests but decent game.

j00t

I'm like 3/5ths through the game so I'm really pretty irritated that I just found this out by accident... But if you go to a stronghold, go up to an unfinished project, you can track the parts on you map. I spent several hours going through jeet's territory looking for scrap survey parts. And then did the same with gutgash. By sheer accident I found this out and got pinkeyes stuff in a few minutes.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea there's a few little things like that that are easy to miss. I was like 14 hours in before I noticed the fast travel button =\

Scrap drops feel strange to me. It's really not even worth doing the salvage sites that don't have relics or project parts in them. What're they gonna have? Like 25 scrap between 2 boxes? Who cares. Same goes for the drops from killing enemy vehicles, it's all single digit garbage. At least with those you can get the cleanup crew I guess. Only real reliable way of getting scrap are the scrapwagons and crates that show up during storms, and they give SO much it feels like it invalidates every other source.