Mad Men

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah that was so satisfying, love seeing Pete get his ass kicked, literally or otherwise. Hope she holds out though instead of taking him back.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
Pete is so fucking stupid it's great. He's trying so hard to be like Don, yet he just doesn't know how to pull it off. I mean, his wife told him to get an apartment in the city so he could bang as many chicks as he wanted, yet Pete is so fucking stupid that he starts banging his crazy neighbor. Actually, this is the second time he's banged a crazy neighbor.

Pete's only redeeming quality is that he's a massive dumbass, and it's entertaining as shit to watch his world fall apart.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pete's poor man Don routine last night had me in stitches. Hilarious. I have a feeling Pete and the kiss ass will become great friends. He wants someone to stroke his ego and he wants to stroke someone powerful's ego.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I love Mad Men so much. In any other show, that dinner scene would have turned into a repentance for Don, but no, Don told that chick he wasabsolutelygoing to fuck her, the only question was what they had for dinner. Or after Don found out Megan had a miscarriage, if this was an NBC drama he would have had an emotional breakup with his mistress. Nope, he's hittin that again in the morning.

I was distracted so I was kind of confused where Pete and Trudy left off. She said she's not divorcing him... did she kick him out? It sounded like she was basically just like "if I catch you fucking around with people I know again I will murder you."

Azrayne

Sounded like a separation to me. She didn't mention an actual divorce, but did tell him to not come back anywhere near the house.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Pete said something about divorce and Trudy said "No, I will not be a failure."

See I thought she was saying for him not to fuck around anywhere near the house, I will have to rewatch that.

Gask

Silver Baron of the Realm
Pete said something about divorce and Trudy said "No, I will not be a failure."

See I thought she was saying for him not to fuck around anywhere near the house, I will have to rewatch that.
I took it as: "We are done but I won't carry the shame of having a divorce, go live in your apartment." time will tell.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Didn't Don and Betty go through a similar situation in the earlier seasons where she kicked him out to his NYC apt?

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
I took it as: "We are done but I won't carry the shame of having a divorce, go live in your apartment." time will tell.
I think it was a little more than that. Trudy sends him to live in the city, but also says, "You will be here only when I tell you to be here." My take was that she's kicking him out, but that they're still going to keep up appearances that everything is normal, which fits into the theme of the episode.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Didn't Don and Betty go through a similar situation in the earlier seasons where she kicked him out to his NYC apt?
Yeah Don was in a hotel for a while. Then he came back for a while and then they split up for good.

spronk

FPS noob
yeah its good to have the badass Don back, although you get the feeling he is just one thing away from breaking down completely. Young Don stuff was pretty cool too, best part of course was him fucking over the asshole Jaguar dealer.

I love Pete's little thing at the end, "you're going to bed tonight and you won't be sure of anything!" haha what a shitty defense, Pete is the best thing to watch whenever he fails at things. But yeah, Trudy wants to keep up appearances so she will let Pete keep on being Pete, just nowhere near her neighbors and kids anymore. It'll be an interesting contrast to Betty to see if Trudy keeps it up for the rest of the series, or if she waits to find a better guy and then divorces - I think right around this time is when divorces became more easy to get in NY, whereas before you had to fly out to Nevada and shit.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Losing interest in this show. I understand it's good on a technical level, but it's not really very compelling anymore. Or should I say entertaining. I just don't care about Don and his demons anymore, and the tertiary characters no longer really bring the funny.

Or maybe these first two episodes were just bad. I'm not sure at this point.

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Losing interest in this show. I understand it's good on a technical level, but it's not really very compelling anymore. Or should I say entertaining. I just don't care about Don and his demons anymore, and the tertiary characters no longer really bring the funny.
I'm sort of in the same boat, although I enjoyed last night's episode a lot more than the premiere.

Other than Peggy, I don't feel any of the characters have grown much over the past 5 seasons. With Don, it's the same shit over and over. You really want him to be a good guy and the capacity is there, but he keeps disappointing. You can only do that for so long before you start to just give up hope.

Maybe that's the point? Don't know, but as a viewer all I can say is that it's getting tiresome.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
In the first episode I was wondering WTF Don is doing fucking the doctor's wife. At the end of this episode they show clearly how he has come to view his wife, and it has become the same thing he had with Betty. Megan was stronger and better than Betty, but she has been acting like a little girl for many episodes now (including part of last season). Don now sees her almost like he used to see Betty. Whether that is because it is reality, or because Don sees her that way as sort of a way to justify cheating on her, it's not clear. That's part of why I like this show so much: I get sucked into feeling what Don feels even though I have no justification for feeling that way.

My only two complaints are (1)the next episode previews are jumbled together mashes of 0.25 second scenes that make no sense and (2)the show needs like 1000% more Roger

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
No comments on kid Don having to watch his pregnant mother get banged by a stranger ?

Azrayne

Honestly I think it's kinda his fault. What the fuck did he expect marrying his secretary out of the blue like that?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
FYI, if you are a fan of Peggy AKA Elizabeth Moss or if you would just like tosee her nakedshe is currently in a mini-series on the sundance channel called "Top of the Lake".