Making a Murderer (Netflix) - New info

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, she's an old lady and probably so disgusted with how the county has treated her family that she wouldn't put it passed them. After watching them try to put words in dassey's mouth who they know is a retard and then prosecute and convict him of murder1, then I wouldn't be shocked at what they do.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think if they just present the facts of this case, it'll seem biased to Avery. They'd have to twist it ridiculously to make it seem "balanced" because the facts of the case just are not balanced.
I'm not so sure about that. I suppose it depends on what you mean by "facts." If you look at the "facts" there is:

A body on Avery's property
Her car on Avery's property
Her burned corpse on Avery's property
Avery's DNA in her car
Her DNA on a bullet found on Avery's property
A witness/accomplis with a written confession

Now where the waters start getting muddy is around some of the conjecture and often times outright abuse of power and neglect of procedure. But from a "facts" perspective the case is pretty easy.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
It all depends who we get as the host. Is it old guy with a thousand wrinkles on his face? Or is it the hot blonde who I want to pull a train on?

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not so sure about that. I suppose it depends on what you mean by "facts." If you look at the "facts" there is:

A body on Avery's property
Her car on Avery's property
Her burned corpse on Avery's property
Avery's DNA in her car
Her DNA on a bullet found on Avery's property
A witness/accomplis with a written confession

Now where the waters start getting muddy is around some of the conjecture and often times outright abuse of power and neglect of procedure. But from a "facts" perspective the case is pretty easy.
See there, good job, you twisted it ridiculously.
smile.png
You left out all the facts that tend to create doubt. As long as Dateline doesn't do exactly what you just did, it will be fine!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It all depends who we get as the host. Is it old guy with a thousand wrinkles on his face? Or is it the hot blonde who I want to pull a train on?
its the super old dude with the john kerry face and haircut. luckily, he has a good voice. i can hear him now. "man is convicted on dna and eyewitness evidence, but wait thats not the end of the story, you wont believe all the controversy behind how that evidence was produced and the history between steven avery and the people who discovered it all. is steven avery guilty? or the victim of a massive frame-up? you decide, on this week's Dateline"

Jive Turkey

Karen
Eat a bag of dicks faggot. I put your troll ass on Ignore around page 7 when you started Tanoomba'ing the thread. I didn't tone down shit nor did I need to, nor did anyone point anything out to me. I've just been playing blade and soul this week and this thread was finished on page 31, as I pointed out in my last post here.

Now if the rest of you could stop quoting this troll I wouldn't have to see his garbage.
Maybe if you did something physical instead of playing videogames all week you wouldn't be so fat and miserable

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
My theory: Halbach is still alive chained up toothless in Ken Kratz's love dungeon. He'd want her toothless for obvious reasons, and would have been able to plant the teeth for a positive ID.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Maybe if you did something physical instead of playing videogames all week you wouldn't be so fat and miserable
Yeah, its unfortunate but Popsicledeath is just unable to disagree with someone without turning it personal. Similar to Column in that way, except at least Column will eventually drop out of a thread. Popsicledeath just sits around monopolizing the discussion.
Yeah, khalid, it really is unfortunately. I'm sorry I keep turning it so personal. I just can't help monopolizing this thread by posting things irrelevant to the topic that are little more than baseless personal attacks without even trying to insult people within the context of the actual discussion. Will you please forgive me?

Jive Turkey

Karen
Yeah, khalid, it really is unfortunately. I'm sorry I keep turning it so personal. I just can't help monopolizing this thread by posting things irrelevant to the topic that are little more than baseless personal attacks without even trying to insult people within the context of the actual discussion. Will you please forgive me?
edit: actually no, I'm going to give you a mulligan on this one. You made it 2 days. I'm flattered, but let's try a little harder, chief

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Apparently the dateline episode is supposed to show some 'new evidence'

Now, I don't know if this is truly new evidence, or if its the internet evidence like when basement dwellers saw the picture of halbach with her full set of keys instead of the valet key.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Apparently the dateline episode is supposed to show some 'new evidence'

Now, I don't know if this is truly new evidence, or if its the internet evidence like when basement dwellers saw the picture of halbach with her full set of keys instead of the valet key.
That's the new clickbait tagline. NEW EVIDENCE. It's almost always the same things people have been talking about for days or weeks that just hasn't hit the main sources yet.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Might be hindsight is 20/20 but holy shit how did they have this trial in Manitowoc/Calumet. Change of venue should have been a no brainer.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Always thought the jurisdictional things were a big red flag. They changed the venue to the neighboring county and then proceeded to bus jurors from the county the venue changed from. And had the Manitowoc sheriff's office declare there's a conflict of interest so they won't be involved in the investigation and they were heavily involved and seemingly the only ones to ever find any "evidence" at all. Seems to be a common theme around there to say you're doing something due to a conflict of interest, and then not actually do anything about it in reality.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There's a word for what happened. Disingenuous.

Backwoods areas of our country have small populations of people that are easy to manipulate. Get a handful of adequately intelligent people together and you can very easily "run shit"

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
watching dateline
lol they interviewed the county assholes and they still act like avery raped that lady.

so far it seems like they are leaning with all the bullshit from mantowiac caounty presented and are going to treat its debunking as just desperation from the defense. its funny how they keep talking about how dateline claims they were following this story for ten years but hadnt covered it since the conviction.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
I wish they would have shown voir dire in the doc. Does anyone have the trial transcript and can tell me if voir dire is in there?

How did they qualify jurors that had seen all of the pretrial publicity?

If they heard about the confession (which literally every one of them did) and the prosecution didn't present that evidence, then the jury had evidence not admitted at trial.

How did they not just bust panel after panel of jurors dismissing them for cause?