male rape survivors

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
iceburn.gif

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So just trying to make yourself feel better about your behavior towards women? Got it.

Nabassu

Lord Nagafen Raider
You are who you believe you are and you are who sheperceivesyou to be. It isn't necessarily about "forcing" her into submission, it's about establishing a framework within the relationship that you're the boss, you're the one in control, and if she doesn't like it, you have plenty of other women willing to be what she isn't. If she perceives you to be a guy who isn't in control, or somebody that she can "get her way" all the time with, you're setting yourself up for disaster.
What type of disaster? What about a relationship between two equal partners? Your line of thinking seems straight from the 1910's.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
So just to clarify, unemployed single mothers can get WIC, but the same benefit would only be afforded to an unemployed single father's children and not the father himself, right?
Correct.

Pregnant and breastfeeding women; women who recently had a baby; infants birth through 12 months; children age 1 to 5 years; who are:
Present at the clinic appointment, and provide proof of identity;
Residents of the State of Ohio;
Determined by health professionals to be at medical/nutritional risk; and
Meets income guidelines - 185% of Federal Poverty Income Guidelines.
By the way, that wasn't hyperbole on my part. It is an accurate description of "my" mother, an avid feminist.

She works for an organization that says ... If you are a mother, it is ok to be unemployed, you'll still be able to eat. You need to be healthy to take care of your children. If you are a father, it is not ok to be unemployed, we'll help feed your children, but you need to get off your lazy ass and get a job while you let someone else raise your children.

And yes, I too was raised by too many Disney movies and had a warped sense of what is attractive to a woman. I was a virgin and never even kissed a girl until I was 26. I credit the PUA movement (mens rights has many similarities) for teaching me a better way to live my life.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
What type of disaster? What about a relationship between two equal partners? Your line of thinking seems straight from the 1910's.
Heterosexual women are not attracted to their equal. If they were, they'd be a lesbian. But even lesbian women are not attracted to their equal, hence the lipstick versus butch trope.

The best relationships (not even talking about just between a man and a woman, but indeed all relationships between all entities) capitalize on the strengths of each, while minimizing their weaknesses. IE: a merger between two companies where one has a great distribution chain and infrastructure, while another has a marketing edge / more streamlined offices/HR/IT/accounting.

What Kirun is telling you, is that someone is going to do certain things in a relationship, like deciding where are you going to eat tonight, who is going to take out the trash, who is going to turn off the lights at night to keep the electricity bill in check, who is going to get fucked and who is going to do the fucking. And if you've been able to find a woman that can do any of the first 3 things I mentioned, she's a keeper!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
In 1910, no one wrote articles on how to "be a man", or bothered to analyze the fundamentals of masculinity. Men typically "just knew"(from their socialization) what was masculine and women usually responded to it. ?Traditionally, women define what is masculine and men define what is feminine. The characteristics that make a man desirable are ones that present the opposite to what men similarly find desirable in femininity. Men and their biology defines what feminine traits arouse them, women react to this and behave accordingly(consciously or not).

Women stillwantthe gratification of submissiveness that men should provide for them. It's in their fantasies. Women's literature from classical to modern is characterized by a want for masculine dominance(50 Shades of Grey).

Feminization has seen to it that in defying its purpose, you are identified as being "lesser than a man", but still challenges men to be menbydefying it.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Heterosexual women are not attracted to their equal. If they were, they'd be a lesbian. But even lesbian women are not attracted to their equal, hence the lipstick versus butch trope.
This is why I love Rerolled. I can listen to a guy who had no meaningful interaction with a female until he was 26 tell us what women are attracted to, matter-of-factly.

Don't get me wrong, I was playing Super Nintendo with my buddies while more socially daring teenagers were out fucking, and I had my observations about how girls were into jerks and the such. But once I came out of my shell and stopped being a pussy, I realized it is beyond retarded to try to put men and women into categories based on arbitrary "the way things are" criteria. Completely. Fucking. Pointless. But hey, every single conversation that touches on gender in any way brings out the expert opinions about gender roles from a bunch of guys with egos so fragile they address anyone that doesn't consider women a separate species as "faggot". Welcome to the internet, whereanyonecan be an alpha male if they're obnoxious enough!

I was a late bloomer when I stopped being a pussy. Anybody else want to step up to the plate? Better late than never, kids.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
This is why I love Rerolled. I can listen to a guy who had no meaningful interaction with a female until he was 26 tell us what women are attracted to, matter-of-factly.

Don't get me wrong, I was playing Super Nintendo with my buddies while more socially daring teenagers were out fucking, and I had my observations about how girls were into jerks and the such. But once I came out of my shell and stopped being a pussy, I realized it is beyond retarded to try to put men and women into categories based on arbitrary "the way things are" criteria. Completely. Fucking. Pointless. But hey, every single conversation that touches on gender in any way brings out the expert opinions about gender roles from a bunch of guys with egos so fragile they address anyone that doesn't consider women a separate species as "faggot". Welcome to the internet, whereanyonecan be an alpha male if they're obnoxious enough!

I was a late bloomer when I stopped being a pussy. Anybody else want to step up to the plate? Better late than never, kids.
IqpvwKi.gif

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
Yes Tanooba, you and everyone else are all special unique snowflakes, common traits shared within genders are myths and trying to explain the world based on empirical observations and biology is pointless. Trying to improve your mating odds and/or long term relationships by using such obviously fabricated knowledge? Dumb.

You're adorable and perfect the way you are, please never change.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Yes Tanooba, you and everyone else are all special unique snowflakes, common traits shared within genders are myths and trying to explain the world based on empirical observations and biology is pointless. Trying to improve your mating odds and/or long term relationships by using such obviously fabricated knowledge? Dumb.

You're adorable and perfect the way you are, please never change.
rrr_img_65969.jpg

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Tanoomba: everyone hates you. Everyone. And it's not because you are a sophisticated male and rerolled bros are a bunch of child misogynists (though the latter is true). Even assholes and losers like guys who are decent, even if they're different from them. Everyone hates you because you think you're this sophisticated new age male and are over the top snooty about it, but in actuality you are a sad, hollow genderless tryhard that happens to occupy the physical space of a male body. Not even women respect you.

Think about what kind of person YOU want to be, because right now you are guided by a social-media driven false feminist "ideal," which operates on the same shallow principles as buzzfeed clickbait. You've probably made a cardboard "I need feminism because..." sign and self-congratulatorily posted it on your Facebook wall while your entire "friend" base collectively mentally facepalmed.

Human beings are remarkably skilled at identifying people who aren't acting as they really are. That annoyed, uncomfortable, "that person is obnoxious and I can't quite figure out why" feeling is our spider sense saying hey, this person is disingenuous. Everyone gets that feeling around you.

Be yourself

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
But once I came out of my shell and stopped being a pussy, I realized it is beyond retarded to try to put men and women into categories based on arbitrary "the way things are" criteria. Completely. Fucking. Pointless.
Your entire problem is that you'restilla pussy. You might want to quit feminizing yourself, lest you grow a vag. With that said..

Masculinity, or "being a man", has been redefined by people(men and women)who have no concept of what the original definition is. The behaviors and characteristics that constitute what is uniquely masculine aren't being challenged, they've been redefined to fit the purposes of an agenda.

The root of the male-equalist problem, is that there has been a concerted effort to "de-masculinize" society, not only in mass media, but down to how we educate and condition our youth to assume masculine and feminine roles. Whatisbeing challenged, is the predisposition of males in predominantly western culture to evenconsiderwhat masculinity is.

When men become feminized, are we leveling the playing field, or are we progressing towards homogenization of gender? You "equalists" hail this as a victory of a new gender paradigm. Why should masculine traits be of lower value than feminine ones? ??The very characteristics that define traditional masculinity - independence, self-confidence, individualism, physical strength, risk taking, problem solving and innovation - we are now supposed to believe are(or should be)the aspirations of women, to the point that ridicule of thesolelyfeminine female is the norm. "Girl, quit being so submissive! You need to tell that man of yours how it is! You're a strong, independent woman! Don't let a man treat you that way!" - sound familiar? In expecting women to be just as masculine as men, while simultaneously expecting them to still embody a feminine ideal, not only does it put undue, unrealistic ideals upon them, but also devalues the merits of their own femininity.

Given this new gender dynamic, notice that women aren't discouraged from claiming their femininity inadditionto their masculinity? Quite the opposite - they're encouraged to "handle their business as well as any man"and"still be a sexy, alluring woman every man should want." Yet, in opposition to this dynamic, men arenotencouraged to embrace their masculine side. We are told to "quit being a pussy", for sure, but our masculinity is often considered a "flaw". We're often told to "embrace our feminine side!" - we're told to be more sensitive, emotional, empathetic, nurturing, etc. Conversely, women arecongratulatedfor embodying masculine traits inadditionto an acceptance of her feminine character. Men, however, are conditioned to believe that feminine traitsaremasculine traits, and any traditionally masculine characteristics that manifest themselves, are the unfortunate byproducts of our "flawed" biology.

The real issue of redefining gender, like most things that women attempt to redefine, is that it's rife with "double standards". Men should be so feminized as to loathe their inherent masculinity, yet still be held liable for uniquely male, traditionally masculine responsibilities and accountability, simply by virtue of them being male. It's a gender Catch 22 - hate your masculinity, but be held responsible for not "being man enough" to solve uniquely male problems, get "shamed" when a masculinized woman steps in to do so, andthenbe ridiculed for not being as masculine as she is. That's the cycle.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
Tanoomba: everyone hates you. Everyone. And it's not because you are a sophisticated male and rerolled bros are a bunch of child misogynists (though the latter is true). Even assholes and losers like guys who are decent, even if they're different from them. Everyone hates you because you think you're this sophisticated new age male and are over the top snooty about it, but in actuality you are a sad, hollow genderless tryhard that happens to occupy the physical space of a male body. Not even women respect you.

Think about what kind of person YOU want to be, because right now you are guided by a social-media driven false feminist "ideal," which operates on the same shallow principles as buzzfeed clickbait. You've probably made a cardboard "I need feminism because..." sign and self-congratulatorily posted it on your Facebook wall while your entire "friend" base collectively mentally facepalmed.

Human beings are remarkably skilled at identifying people who aren't acting as they really are. That annoyed, uncomfortable, "that person is obnoxious and I can't quite figure out why" feeling is our spider sense saying hey, this person is disingenuous. Everyone gets that feeling around you.

Be yourself
Nice, I actually appreciate that you're trying to make a point here.
I don't think I'm a sophisticated new age male. I'm just a reasonable human being, which happens to be the minority in most of these conversations. I may take a persona that seems "snooty" here, but that's because you can't post here and not have some kind of attitude. If I wrote in a generic and flavorless tone I would be completely ignored and I would have stopped posting long ago (how's that for irony?).
I am not, nor have I ever been, guided by a social-media driven false feminist "ideal". I think most of those "I need feminism" signs are awful.
Rather, I see a bunch of macho poseurs with a flimsier grasp of feminism than they have of conversation etiquette and I see an opportunity to hold the mirror to them. This inevitably provokes an outburst of flaming, which I don't mind because this is a topic I like talking about, even if the target audience couldn't give a shit (which they clearly couldn't). I guess you could call it trolling if you like, but the fact of the matter is most of you guys know fuck all about feminism. You choose the flavor-of-the-month idiot feminist memes to point and laugh at and pat each other on the backs with the knowledge that feminism is stupid and pointless. Some of you (like Trollface) think you have logic and reason on your side and will bring in all sorts of misinterpreted studies and irrelevant statistics to prove it. I find that fucking hilarious.

You're right about one thing, though. I'm not acting "as I really am". Neither are you, or any other person on this forum. It's the internet. Dis-ingenuousness is the fucking order of the day. Get over it.

Long story short, (insert fap gif here).

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I act exactly the same in real life as I do here. I just curse a lot more in real life.