Man of Steel

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't understand why I clicked it either. We're all retards.

Someone should abuse their mod powers to clean McCheese's post and save all the other idiots from suffering our fate.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
it's an arrogant, not a arrogant, and thanks for proving my point.
You sure showed me!
rolleyes.png

We are really going there?
That is pretty much right out of the little bitch playbook. So he really didn't have much choice.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
i'm with you. you can tell which posters are older (smarter) and which ones are younger.all the younger generation cares about is the shiny. they're like walking moths.
I think this quote best explains the difference I have noticed between my peers (the older generation) and the younger gen.

Granted I love a good action flick but come on, we used to get things with actual meat on it's bones but these days it literally is all about the shiny.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Granted I love a good action flick but come on, we used to get things with actual meat on it's bones but these days it literally is all about the shiny.
This is such a bunch of rose-tinted glasses bullshit. Are you one of those 'Everquest is better than World of Warcraft' people too?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
you have to have some serious alzheimers to think that there aren't great movies with meat on their bones released every year.

Blackyce

This is such a bunch of rose-tinted glasses bullshit. Are you one of those 'Everquest is better than World of Warcraft' people too?
No I'm one of those Asheron's Call is better than World of Warcraft people. When I originally tried EQ I hated it. Having to sit and wait for mana, WTF is that when I was used spells like Health to Mana or Stamina to Mana that would instantly restore it and let me keep casting. When I needed more stamina, I'd just cast revitalize and get almost to full stam again. If you needed more health you'd use a heal kit on yourself and get to full. I never had to fucking sit/lay down in AC, unlike EQ/WoW.

Blackyce

you have to have some serious alzheimers to think that there aren't great movies with meat on their bones released every year.
I never said their weren't. Look at what people flock to though. In 2005 Revenge of the Sith and Serenity were both released. Which is the better movie and which mad a fucking butt load of money hmm? Yes I know one was Star Wars etc...

I'm saying that these days the audience wants it's shiny. I mean come on Pacific Rim, really. I'm hoping it has a good story but OMG it's giant robots fighting giant monsters and everyone here is drawn to it. To me it looks like a 21st century Japanese monster flick and I'd much rather be watching Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan personally. Oh and I forgot Gamara.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Trying to play the age card is just ridiculous. Acting like your opinion is superior because you THINK you are older is just shameful. He assumed that because people enjoyed the movie that we must be younger, and dumber then him. That is Mippo-level stupidity. No where is it written that a younger viewer can't appreciate a classic movie like Citizen Kane, just like a older viewer can watch a popcorn flick and have a great time. Don't try and fit entire generations into your fucking narrow minded world view.

Honestly, how many "youngsters" do you even think post here? I'm willing to bet the average poster age of this community is easily 30+.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
No I'm one of those Asheron's Call is better than World of Warcraft people. When I originally tried EQ I hated it. Having to sit and wait for mana, WTF is that when I was used spells like Health to Mana or Stamina to Mana that would instantly restore it and let me keep casting. When I needed more stamina, I'd just cast revitalize and get almost to full stam again. If you needed more health you'd use a heal kit on yourself and get to full. I never had to fucking sit/lay down in AC, unlike EQ/WoW.
So you're even worse than the EQ is better than WoW people, got it.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Trying to play the age card is just ridiculous. Acting like your opinion is superior because you THINK you are older is just shameful. He assumed that because people enjoyed the movie that we must be younger, and dumber then him. That is Mippo-level stupidity. No where is it written that a younger viewer can't appreciate a classic movie like Citizen Kane, just like a older viewer can watch a popcorn flick and have a great time. Don't try and fit entire generations into your fucking narrow minded world view.

Honestly, how many "youngsters" do you even think post here? I'm willing to bet the average poster age of this community is easily 30+.
it's than him, not then him. when comparing two things it's than not then. and you're taking this way too personally, ranger. the fact of the matter is we need slow, dim witted people such as yourself to pay for all the crap that hollywood releases. without people like you, the industry would have gone out of business a long time ago. so you see, i'm actually giving you a complement. thank you for being so stupid and helping hollywood stay in business. i commend you!

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
it's than him, not then him. when comparing two things it's than not then. and you're taking this way too personally, ranger. the fact of the matter is we need slow, dim witted people such as yourself to pay for all the crap that hollywood releases. without people like you, the industry would have gone out of business a long time ago. so you see, i'm actually giving you a complement. thank you for being so stupid and helping hollywood stay in business. i commend you!
I think you wanted to write "compliment", not "complement".

I hate how these young idiots nowadays can't manage basic English words.

P.S Capitalization. You see, when you use the pronoun "I", begin a new sentence, or use a proper noun (Hollywood) you should capitalize the first letter.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's great that you're repeatedly being a pedantic little faggot about him using the correct word when you're speaking in sentence fragments, not using capitalization, starting a sentence with a conjunction, and then as McCheese pointed out, using the wrong word yourself.

Blackyce

I highly doubt that.

Oh and I love a good mindless actioin flick but I'd really love a movie these days on par with say, Jaws, Star Wars/Empire, Raiders of the Lost Ark or Blade Runner. I liked IM3 for what it was, a good popcorn flick. All I'm saying is we used to get much more and I'd like to see some of those again.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Meh pretty sure im older than a good portion of posters here. AC was cool but like many other things, its dead jim. DAoC was among one of the better mmo's of that era, and before EQ was great UO was MUCH better. I dont get what kind of meat you guys are expecting in action films....yes Superman is an action film, before its anything else thats what it is. Do you want to see a movie with him and Luthor again? If you said yes then you should kill yourself. Times change as should people and everything else. Considering how long the movie was, any longer and people would maybe realize how long they have been sitting in the theater.

The movie was awesome, it may not have been the Superman you wanted, but it is a great Superman movie.

comments from reviewers saying "'Man of Steel' review: Why so serious?" is dumb. It kind of explains "Hey im from another planet and have no clue who i really am, oh and my kind is trying to kill me!". Everyone wants Comic movies now to be humorous and slick like IM1, but i much prefer Nolans' grittier take on reboots.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's great that you're repeatedly being a pedantic little faggot about him using the correct word when you're speaking in sentence fragments, not using capitalization, starting a sentence with a conjunction, and then as McCheese pointed out, using the wrong word yourself.
lol

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I never said their weren't. Look at what people flock to though. In 2005 Revenge of the Sith and Serenity were both released. Which is the better movie and which mad a fucking butt load of money hmm? Yes I know one was Star Wars etc...

I'm saying that these days the audience wants it's shiny. I mean come on Pacific Rim, really. I'm hoping it has a good story but OMG it's giant robots fighting giant monsters and everyone here is drawn to it. To me it looks like a 21st century Japanese monster flick and I'd much rather be watching Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan personally. Oh and I forgot Gamara.
Revenge of the Sith WAS better than Serenity though. That is coming from a guy who thinks the new trilogy is sacrilege.