Man of Steel

Fedor

<Banned>
gIPgKEr.jpg

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
If 89% people like transformers, that should tell you all you need to know about the audience. They are knuckle dragging rubes.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
It seems that this is a Superman for modern times and reflects how horrible and disgusting our culture has become.

Basically I'm agreeing with Lyrical and Caliane.

Superman was built on virtues that have been kind of left behind by our society and... I don't know where I'm going here really. Not saying the movie is bad really but just saying I don't think it is a proper Superman.

Has anyone posted the Superman vs. The Elite finale videos yet?

Jazser_sl

shitlord
I basically disagree with absolutely everything you just said except that yes, the story sucked so we can agree on that. I hated the greyness, hated the acting (except to my ultimate shame, Kevin Costner who actually did a decent job as Johnathan Kent), felt the script was horrible and yeah well you get the picture. A superhero movie doesn't have to be "sunshine and roses" to be great.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Just got back from seeing this. I'd rank it an 8.5/10 Had a few small issues but overall I loved it and it was probably the quickest 2 1/2 movie I've ever seen, time flew by.

i also liked it more than i hated it. to reiterate the countless themes going thru this thread and shit like imdb / rottentomatoes there are things id change, but overall it was well done. solid mid 80s grade myself. i found myself slightly disliking the amount of CGI present in the film. but, it aint gadgets, its super powers. i just wish movies could go back a more model based-method. but, what the fuck do i know? not much. it was good, the first trailer presented a different overall movie than the last 2 to be released did. the first had me more excited than the others, so im not entirely surprised.

Loved the movie. It wasn't batman level but it was certainly better than Tony Stark 3.
A little too much "lets do a cool scene where someone gets smashed through a skyscraper" but other than that I was thoroughly entertained throughout.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All I know is, thank god he shaved and put on a shirt, else I was about to start questioning my sexuality.

Hootie

Silver Knight of the Realm
I basically disagree with absolutely everything you just said except that yes, the story sucked so we can agree on that. I hated the greyness, hated the acting (except to my ultimate shame, Kevin Costner who actually did a decent job as Johnathan Kent), felt the script was horrible and yeah well you get the picture. A superhero movie doesn't have to be "sunshine and roses" to be great.
This is my opinion, its not a horrible movie, but it isn't very good either. Movie was boring and the action was like video game cutscenes. The script was just terrible, but without the charm of a movie like Startrek I.T.D.
At least in that movie i enjoyed the dialogue and cared about the characters. In Man of Steel a whole city is destroyed and millions die and i don't care, and neither do any of the characters onscreen.

6 out of 10. I give it a 6 mostly for cinematography and special effects. Fight scenes are not enough for me to love a movie, it has to have substance.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The effects were in my opinion pretty awesome. Dialogue and character was severely lacking in certain respects. Jor-el they've fleshed out far more then any other superman movie but the development between Lois and Clark was severely lacking. Supes himself should have been developed quite a bit more emotionally, the pull to why he's driven to save people to the point of having to move away rather then just letting us know that he saves people.

The last scene they needed him to truly care about and actively try to mitigate fucking civilian damage and death. Make that a real weakness that Zod takes advantage of during the fight. I saw a clip of a modern superman cartoon and it seems they do the same back and forth and superman doesn't seem to factor in civilian damage and death. What the hell is a point of a hero then? Where is the god damn emotionality and vulnerability? In a city full of people, they are a factor to the old superman and should be for the new as well.

That last killing of Zod too was horrible and just not in line with our classic and heroic superman. Hero's especially all powerful ones must set limitations for themselves based on morality for us to really feel it. It's not just about picking sides of humans or kryptons Superman needs to be morally above everyone else.

People will never be able to relate to the godlike superman, they can only emulate his morality, willing to sacrifice, and extreme will to try and save people even if it is strategically bad in a battle and he is physically hurt as a result. Kids can dream about about flying and super strength but Superman's unwavering lawful good persona, unwilling to sacrifice people, and save everyone he possibly can is what kids look up to emotionally.

Even if Nolan made a dark and gritty Batman he did a good job with the persona of the Batman, capturing desperation, sacrifice, and heroicness. Wish he could have imparted some of that to this team with his involvement here.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Just watched Superman vs. Elite. Oh god so awful. Superman fights a team of British hipsters