[manga] Everything Else

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
u know wut's funny about breaker. it builds these great badassness around Shion and he didn't even lift his finger to hit someone.

then it struck me.

it's shit.

u know wut's funny about breaker. it builds these great badassness around Shion and he didn't even lift his finger to hit someone.

then it struck me.

it's shit.
I won't rule it out just yet, but I do agree with the sentiment. There's this big build up, but then Shioon didn't do shit. Same with the showdown with the two top-10 elders. There's this massive DBZ-esque build up, but absolutely no payoff. It's manga blue-balls.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
This chapter made me a little teary eyed...

0010.jpg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Did Shioon grow like 5 inches suddenly? and i dont mean below the waist? Dude suddenly looks.....more stern? like he's ready to wreck bitches!

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
rrr_img_44246.jpg
are we talkin about that scene? that's just the usual it's like he's looking at me from such great height and power, blah blah. otherwise he looks about the same height, just a bit taller than the girl.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Does the GetBackers manga go further than where the anime ended? If so does anyone know which volume/chapter they ended the anime at?

Rope

Silver Knight of the Realm
Does the GetBackers manga go further than where the anime ended? If so does anyone know which volume/chapter they ended the anime at?
I just did a quick look but it looks like the tower story might have been anime only. From a guy named Arilufiana on Mangafox forums.
"The anime follows the original storyline until the 33rd episode, which ends the Venus DeMilo story. Afterwards, it introduces stories not found in the original, although some episodes are similar to some chapters of the manga and some of the same characters are introduced, but with different characteristics."
It seems that the start of the Venus Demilo in the manga starts at:

VOL 11
# "Act VII: The Lost Arms of the Goddess - Part 1: Clayman Returns!" [Chapter 90]
# "Act VII: The Lost Arms of the Goddess - Part 2: The Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking!" [Chapter 91]

So I would glance over those chapters to be sure then read from there.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Shioon don't need no down time. Fucker gonna fight 100% from now til he slaps his master out of being an evil asshole.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Meh. Waited 2 weeks for the new chapter of Tower of God and they only give us 32 pages.

Korgoth_sl

shitlord
Do any of you guys follow the Berserk manga? Miura moves at a snails pace with updates and I've been looking for a replacement in the mean while.

I heard Shingeki no Kyojin got really popular, but haven't gotten into it yet. Any other recommendations?

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
There are tons throughout the thread... not exactly a large thread to go through.

Some mangas I recommend aside frorm the big ones:
Psyren
Ubel Blatt
Onepunch-Man
Vinland Saga (up until the end of prologue. after prologue is kind of shitty)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
do NOT read vinland saga, it will make you rage, it is like the ultimate pussification of a character with no redemption, it's just... wtf are they doing. (dauntless one is right if you only read it to the peak and stop)

i've said a few times in this thread, berserk sucks, it's sucked since 2005. Actually if you stopped reading at 2005 and picked it up now, there's no difference in any of the characters, there's zero character development. after he gets the berserk armor, it's like flatlined character dev.

shingeki no kyojin got popular cuz of the anime, which you probably should watch instead. i watched up to eps 9 (i just don't have the time) and from what i've been told it's nearly current to the manga and the action scenes are really top notch. Music and OP (opening scene/music) are great and already greatly paraodied.

imo, and probably this threads opinion, the manwah's (korean manga) are taking the title of "omg wtf, gotta read"
the breaker (both seasons)
tower of god (both seasons)