[manga] Everything Else

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ok. Pass.
He did a horrible way of selling it. 1, there's zero sexualisation of the claymores. Like really, it's girls wearing armor carrying big swords. I would say that it's a really good series, the anime was amazing until they ran out of manga content and had to finish it with their own ending. I wish they make a new anime now that the series end because it would be way better than most other thriller / action animes out today.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
And oh yeah they all have their bodies chopped up chapter after chapter. Serious body horror there haha!

Oh kenichi is finally ending next week. This chapter was unintentionally hilarious with the elder showing up like that. So was saiga a good guy after all? I'm a bit confused. Someone care to explain the situation?

Valos

Yeah, Saiga was basically undercover searching for this wifes killer. The guy was wearing a mask of saigas face in order to get close and do the deed/frame, they were all buddies back in the day. There was flashbacks to all this in the last couple of chapters.

Im actually surprised they are stopping it, seemed like it was rushed in the end. They are giving bleach all this time to wrap up that travesty of a manga. You'd think they could throw a 12 year old series a bit longer. I just hope its the author that wanted it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
He did a horrible way of selling it. 1, there's zero sexualisation of the claymores. Like really, it's girls wearing armor carrying big swords. I would say that it's a really good series, the anime was amazing until they ran out of manga content and had to finish it with their own ending. I wish they make a new anime now that the series end because it would be way better than most other thriller / action animes out today.
claymore anime with music is really good, ost is nice. what was nice about claymore is that it's strong female leads hunting demons instead of random muscle bound guy lopping demon heads off. but since they're all blond bitches wearing the same armor sometimes you're like "wait which bitch was this again?". in the anime it's not an issue, a lot of them are distinct enough in face/hair style even hair hue then you add voice and, yea no big deal. in the b&w manga? christ its hard, especially when
there is so much fodder, and what 3 generations of 47's?

really the best parts of the manga/anime are in anime form, past that arc is just a whole mess of mess, and you have to wait 5 years of manga for the payoff that most of us are experiencing now.

i recommend the anime, its nice to watch, i also think that was around the more darker times (2006/2007) with deathnote and such.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Watch the anime and then transition into the manga where the anime takes a turn for the worst (Priscilla's death). It won't be as difficult for someone to remember who these characters are if you're reading through every chapter whereas most of us are waiting a MONTH for a chapter.

kitsune

Watch the anime and then transition into the manga where the anime takes a turn for the worst (Priscilla's death). It won't be as difficult for someone to remember who these characters are if you're reading through every chapter whereas most of us are waiting a MONTH for a chapter.
priscilla didn't even die in the anime, as I recall she just flies away with raki stopping claire or something

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ToG being back feels good. Now we just need Breaker to come back, some Naruto closer, and Bleach to be put out of its misery. Really, the perfect ending for Bleach would be for there not to be another issue, it just ends in the middle of some retard love brainwashing fight.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Argh I feel like an asshole posting this...

It was out late Sunday (Monday) on the official site...

edit: Also breaker returns next week, I think?

kitsune

ToG being back feels good. Now we just need Breaker to come back, some Naruto closer, and Bleach to be put out of its misery. Really, the perfect ending for Bleach would be for there not to be another issue, it just ends in the middle of some retard love brainwashing fight.
+1. I'd love if the next chapter was just like the princess escape from the deathstar in Thumbwars ("I escaped somehow, let's go!") / the ending of Poochy in Simpsons. Ichigo just goes "My planet needs me" and beams up into the sky. END SCENE, END SERIES.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Titan is fucking money. Jesus the psycho-games in it area awesome. Some are a bit transparent, but others I didn't see.

kitsune

I just spent the week re-reading claymore, all 154 chapters. I can say that without the month-long pause between every issue, the story feels way more coherent and it's easier to keep track of things. Whoever was contemplating picking up the series above, I suggest you do it. It's really good and you'll probably get to the ending right as the last chapter pops

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah that kenichi ending was kinda lame but whatevah and Fairy Tail should have eneded a while ago but the author decided to keep going for a bit more since it is so popular. It's definitely run out of steam and all.

So igneel was basically like the nine tails then? That was really kinda meh. I guess it makes sense since natsu was always able to pull some random dragon move out of his ass all the time.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like the whole Acnologia/Mard Geer arc was planned from the beginning. It seems like it was the original storyline from the get go.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah no doubt about it but I think he meant to have this part with the dragons emerging and fighting during the tenrou island arc before mavis appeard and deus ex machina'd them all by hold hands together.