[manga] Everything Else

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Just got the bug to try something new and read Spirit Farmer. Pure, wholesome, literal farming goodness.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I started "Martial Peak" and got through ~1120 chapters in about a week. It's good, but repetitive. Lots of bringing back old details or foreshadowing.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Webtoon posted an update on their Twitter. Not sure if its SIU's official twitter, or someone connected to him, but:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Webtoon posted an update on their Twitter. Not sure if its SIU's official twitter, or someone connected to him, but:

Unless it's delayed a week for the English version, we got nothing.

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Fuck, Berserk author dead. RIP, sad the manga will never be finished(well we honestly knew it wasn't going to be but still).

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Heian

Molten Core Raider
That is really sad. Berserk was among the few things I was excited when it was released. I even had a pair of Berserk socks that I wear when he released a new chapter. After 4 years they were still pretty much brand new.

In the last few years he trained a small team to draw like him. He also left notes. They could probably finish it for him. I would be happy with a novel and some sketches.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Awanka

Molten Core Raider
Berserk manga is so damn awesome. I never rewatch movies or replay games, but I find myself going back and admiring the artwork and pathos of Berserk repeatedly.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Unless it's delayed a week for the English version, we got nothing.
Still not up... not understanding why they don't have an activate translation for one of their top comics... but Gamer was delayed for a while too, I think?
Sort of odd, since it gives Scanlators incentive to translate now.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Still not up... not understanding why they don't have an activate translation for one of their top comics... but Gamer was delayed for a while too, I think?
Sort of odd, since it gives Scanlators incentive to translate now.
webtoons is 3week delay cuz of the coin payments, or go here for the newest 2

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Slightly disappointed that they are going to play a "game" with Yas-whatever. Kinda curious what Evankhel is after, I don't think she is focused on getting to Jinsung, though seeing Evankhel and Maschenny fight could be pretty epic.

Edit: No spoilers about the chapters locked behind the paywall, please.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just started Demon Slayer because I saw somewhere that it's outselling the entire American Comic Book industry.

Really enjoying it, I must be over 2/3rds the way through in a week or so (3 years worth of content). It's so fast paced I want to know what happens next.

It's very derivative of Bleach/Naruto but executed very well (better than Bleach) and has the pace and violence of the first Berserk arc (Black Swordsman).

It always seems like it's one step ahead of where you expect it be and who you expect the next fight to be. Character development is quick and makes sense, characters are also mostly insane lol.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Just started Demon Slayer because I saw somewhere that it's outselling the entire American Comic Book industry.

Really enjoying it, I must be over 2/3rds the way through in a week or so (3 years worth of content). It's so fast paced I want to know what happens next.

It's very derivative of Bleach/Naruto but executed very well (better than Bleach) and has the pace and violence of the first Berserk arc (Black Swordsman).

It always seems like it's one step ahead of where you expect it be and who you expect the next fight to be. Character development is quick and makes sense, characters are also mostly insane lol.

I recommend the anime if you want to see a good adaptation of the manga. it's pretty top tier.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user