[Manga] Naruto (warning: spoilers up to current chapter)

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
I'm loving Naruto right now.
Its been just...'okay' since Madara showed up through Edo Tensei. The Itachi fight vs Kabuto was only good because of how it trolled the hell out of Kabuto in the conclusion.

The reason most of us are disliking Naruto as of late because the war arc has been deluged with fights we simply don't care about. See One Piece for how to do a war arc correctly. Fast-paced epic, and brutal, with meaningful consequences and casualties.

The entire arc would have been more epic if it had just the following fights. Rock Lee vs. Someone ressurected from Akatsuki that he normally would get crushed by. Tsunade vs. Dan. Kakashi vs. Rin(Or throw out a random Obito red herring corpse/clone to troll us). Neji or Hinata vs. Neji's Dad. Shikimaru vs. Asuma. Sakura vs. Someone meaningful. Gaara vs. His dad(This should have been longer, not the fucking fight of him vs. a guy we just met and don't care about)

Make all of these fights short(as in 1 issue or less) make all of them brutal. Any other Konoha Ninja could, and should be expendable and should die off in swarms to make it seem like, I dunno, A WAR!

Finally. I, do, not, fucking care about the past history and Kages of every single fucking village if you're only going to have them show up now and use them as cannon fodder in fights we don't care about. The four Hokages get a pass, the rest do not.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The anime should be revealing the real Madara in 1-3 episodes, depending how much they decide to stretch out Naruto showing up to kill all the white Zetsu. Lot of cool shit I wanna see animated coming up shortly after.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah as far as the anime goes this war arc is bad ass. I knew it would animate well, and I haven't been disappointed yet.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So how did Tobirama and Izuna, both younger brothers, know each other by name when their older siblings didn't know each other at all?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So how did Tobirama and Izuna, both younger brothers, know each other by name when their older siblings didn't know each other at all?
Fighting with their fathers in the war?

It seemed Madara and Hashirama didn't really participate much in the conflicts.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah as far as the anime goes this war arc is bad ass. I knew it would animate well, and I haven't been disappointed yet.
I spoke too soon. Was this week's episode + next weeks a made-up filler battle episode WITHIN the damn war? I don't remember reading about these old Sound Ninja's in the manga war arc. Unless i'm forgetting, I thought Kishi never brought back those guys.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah the Sound 4 never got resurrected. Kabuto did absorb them and use their abilities during his fight with Itachi and Sasuke, though. Today's episode and next week (hopefully no more past that) are 100% filler.

Naruto should have showed up to save everyone from Zetsu already.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
They had to give Neji some action I guess so his upcoming death doesn't feel as awkward. :p

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
over/under on madara/Hashi disabling their family next week like a pair of bosses?

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I see more of a "both families sans Hashi/Madara/Tobirama/Izuna annihilating each other which brings those 2 together even closer and gives them the whole premise of establishing the village/peace between the families" thing happening.

Oh and then Aizen shows up. Yeah.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm gonna guess that the fathers kill each other and the four sons live in the wild to avoid the war and attract more kids from other clans, so founding the leaf villiage.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's already confirmed that the four brothers each became leaders of their respective clans though. They're not gonna live in the wild just to group up again with the same people they already live with.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
It's already confirmed that the four brothers each became leaders of their respective clans though. They're not gonna live in the wild just to group up again with the same people they already live with.
When did Izuna lead the Uchihas?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
When Tobi is originally telling the story to Sasuke he places Madara and his brother at the forefront of Uchiha leadership because they were the only ones with mangekyou. Maybe not a leader in a strict sense but definitely Madara's right hand man.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Chapter is out, still not back to the present day but we should be wrapped up next week. Dads didn't die when they were kids, there's just a time skip where the Uchiha and Senju are perpetually battling until Hashirama and Madara are the leaders.

Interesting that Senju clan > Uchiha clan. Didn't expect that even if it makes sense considering that's probably the only way Senju could have appropriated the Hokage position in the first place.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I was a little surprised that it was that clear also, but I guess we're a little skewed since the only uchihas we've seen closely are Sasuke, Itachi, Obito and Madara who are all super powerful. There were plenty of red-shirt Uchihas that Itachi demolished.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Senju Hashirama right before it went into the flashback was a badass, he was moving freely even under the Edo Tensei.