[Manga] Naruto (warning: spoilers up to current chapter)

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Guarantee that Minato's innovation on the technique was being able to put it on kunais and teleport anywhere without having to physically touch a spot and mark it.

Just like Minato originally made the Rasengan but Naruto perfected it.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Yeah looks like the 2nd instantly figured out the technique because it used his techniques as the base, thought he never thought to use it that way.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah, screw Minato Shippuuden I want more adventures of the 2nd and Minato. Those two could be a deadly ass duo with their combo techniques.

And yes, Amaterasu Rasenshuriken was the tits.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Shit can you imagine when the next Ninja Storm game comes out and they'll have the 2nd + 4th as playable characters together (if it's not already in the most recent edition that is)

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had to go back and watch the Orochimaru + 1st / 2nd vs. 3rd again after that, cant wait for this shit to get animated.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I just don't get how it took Naruto tons of training to add wind element to his Rasengan... and then Sasuke can just come up and BAM Amaterasu engulfed rasengan bomb?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Did we forget that the sharingan can copy/understand any technique instantly and that Sasuke is a genius? He has always been able to easily do anything Naruto could, technique-wise. He can't do a rasenshuriken himself because he isn't wind element, but it's not a hard jutsu to understand conceptually. Sasuke has shown pretty amazing chakra nature manipulation throughout the series.

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
Wind element naturally synergizes with fire element when used in conjunction. That's the point. It doesn't take any complex understanding of each other's techniques. Naruto was happy that his element was wind because once he learned the elemental relationships he discovered it'd allow him to combo attack with Sasuke with little effort. Everyone else mistook his happiness for lightning being weak against wind because Sasuke was primarily using Lightning at the time for all his techs and basically told him it's a shame that wind elemental loses out to fire and makes it stronger.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I thought flying thunder was Minato's original technique. Something is not right, they have described flying thunder as the technique that won the won across villages, but if the second knew it, why didn't he used it to wipe the uchiha clan?

It certainly is an OP technique.
The second hokage used the Flying Thunder God Slash to land a mortal blow on Izuna, so yes it is a strong technique that can instagib people.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damn, I hate to keep bringing up the anime in the manga thread (mainly because bringing up Naruto/Bleach in the actual anime thread would probably earn me an insta-ban from Sean, har har) - but this weeks episode was bitchin'. Looks like we're finally getting to Naruto/Bee vs. the other Jinchuuriki/Tobi in the next few episodes - which means soon Naruto should get all gay with the 9 Tails and go fully powered.

This almost makes up for all the gay filler they put us through from Naruto through Shippuuden - this war arc is animating beautifully.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
we see 2nd and 4th double team with naruto and saskae on tobi and we see 1st vs madara, what's the 3rd doing? wonder if he's allowed to use a summon (enma) as he's basically dead.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Well Madara tried to summon the kyuubi but only failed because it's still sealed, seems like it works fine.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm talking about the animal summons that you have a contract with, like how jiraya took out that big scroll and had naruto put his mark on it (and you see the 4'ths name too), i just assumed all animal summons are kinda like this, don't think that contract would hold up if you're dead.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Our knowledge of how summons work require that there be a contract between the two parties, you're right. This can be explained though by assuming Madara had Kurama under genjutsu control when he created the contract. They are obviously not on good terms, and every time Madara/Tobi summon him they have to control him through genjutsu.

Did we forget that the sharingan can copy/understand any technique instantly and that Sasuke is a genius? He has always been able to easily do anything Naruto could, technique-wise. He can't do a rasenshuriken himself because he isn't wind element, but it's not a hard jutsu to understand conceptually. Sasuke has shown pretty amazing chakra nature manipulation throughout the series.
That was way back in the days when people had to do hand seals and shit for their techniques. Now a days people just pull OP shit out of their ass without any handseals.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
That was way back in the days when people had to do hand seals and shit for their techniques. Now a days people just pull OP shit out of their ass without any handseals.
Nah, everyone is just doing handseals too fast for the naked eye to see. Might as well be throwing out Hadoukens though.