[Manga] Naruto (warning: spoilers up to current chapter)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Why is there literally 50 episodes of filler between 5-6 episodes of plot?
Because a 20 minute anime episode can cover a month's worth of manga. If they didn't use filler they'd catch up to the manga faster than Game of Thrones catching up to ASOIAF!!

You're not missing much by reading the manga or just watching the show, but the benefit of reading the manga is you get to experience new content with a community, if you care about that.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Reading the manga weekly is equivalent to watching one of your favorite shows and then discussing "last nights episode" at the water cooler when the latest chapter is released.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Plus you can read Bleach at the same time, and that's like discussing the last night's episode for the awful tv show your wife loves at the water cooler with the guys.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exclusively watching the anime and not reading the manga has left me very frustrated. Why is there literally 50 episodes of filler between 5-6 episodes of plot? I know this thread is going to be biased, but should I just start reading the manga? I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it as much as the show, but I'm definitely not enjoying breathlessly anticipating the next installment of adventures with teenage Kakashi.
I stopped watching the anime during the invade Konoha arc because they spent 15 minutes on Shikamaru talking to himself thinking of a plan to deal with that flute sound ninja.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Because a 20 minute anime episode can cover a month's worth of manga. If they didn't use filler they'd catch up to the manga faster than Game of Thrones catching up to ASOIAF!!

You're not missing much by reading the manga or just watching the show, but the benefit of reading the manga is you get to experience new content with a community, if you care about that.
I didn't realize the manga was such a slow drip. Guess I'll go back to suffering in silence. Thanks bros.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
What tuco meant was, you'll be watching about 4 more months of anime filler before real story. You are better off swapping to the manga.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
The manga is still like a year ahead of the show. The story is almost over, they're just trying to stretch it.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Wow, 670
Naruto gets told by sage of 6 paths that he is his son's reincarnation

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
About time the manga get's going. Things are going to start to wrap up soon.

Don't tell me sasuke is the other brother...

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think the most interesting reveal in all that is that the Sage of the Six Path's fought the Juubi originally with his brother, and they split the power and sealed it within both of them.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Kishi is going to do a spinoff where Six Path's brother is the star.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Good chapter. I think it's been established that the two sons have been reincarnated through several lives -- Hashirama and Madara. Sasuke and Naruto.

edit: However, wasn't Hashirama a genius from the start? I guess that wouldn't make him a reincarnation??

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Good chapter. I think it's been established that the two sons have been reincarnated through several lives -- Hashirama and Madara. Sasuke and Naruto.

edit: However, wasn't Hashirama a genius from the start? I guess that wouldn't make him a reincarnation??
Yeah, but what about the 6path BROTHER?!

I want it to be a buddy comedy between those two.

edit: I thought he was saying that they literally aren't based on genetics? I guess in theory Hashirama could be as he saw the whole "everyone fights together for peace" thinger?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
=I guess in theory Hashirama could be as he saw the whole "everyone fights together for peace" thinger?
That's what I was thinking. Madara was about power whereas Hashirama was about peace. However, if Hashirama was a genius from the get-go, I guess that would not make sense. Especially since he was stronger than Madara from the beginning.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The idea of spirits inhabiting and empowering future generations is one of the memes in Japanese fiction, but also it's a central point to the Konoha ideology. This is just an extension of that and doesn't mean a literal reincarnation.

Either way this is just a plot device for Naruto to get a final powerup.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm

How can one of the two sons be reincarnated if Madara is still alive now?

Edit: Just read Tuco's explanation, makes sense now.

So does this mean that to become the sage you really don't need the eyes? Or will he get the eyes when he becomes the new Sage of the Six Paths?