[Manga] Naruto (warning: spoilers up to current chapter)

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I thought he was dead hence him being in Edo Tensei?
Well he's not dead anymore and wasn't Pain/Obito supposed to use the Rinnegan's Outer Path to revive Madara? I was having an issue with the son being reincarnated in Madara and Sasuke and having both alive at the same time. Tuco's explanation though fixed that for me.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I think you guys are mixing things up. Hashirama and Madara are direct DNA descendants of the two brothers. Naruto, however, is a quite literal reincarnation of Ashura. There was nothing said to confirm whether or not Hashirama / Madara were reincarnates but even so, the lore has already established that souls can be broken up. There's not really conflict with all three of them being around at the same time even if that's true.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
it's like what lenas said, harishima and madara just have the super dna but no soul shit, reincarnation doesn't have to jump right after you die... more rather, you're reincarnated when you find a match (or someone worthy) of being the past you. so it took like 3 or 4 generations for ashura, the older brother is indra... this is pretty much all taken from hindu buddhist shit, i remember this from watching tenku senki shurato. ashura are the good gods, indrha is the leader of the evil gods, all dealing with reincarnation shit, at the end of this anime of the two best friends, one dies but spiritually merges with the other to kill the super bad guy, this is where he's gonna steal most of the plot from, this anime!

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Thinking on it more, I am a little scared that this is going to tie back to Naruto telling Itachi that he was a better brother to Sasuke than Itachi ever was. I really hope the asshole brother soul isn't inside of Sasuke.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Thinking on it more, I am a little scared that this is going to tie back to Naruto telling Itachi that he was a better brother to Sasuke than Itachi ever was. I really hope the asshole brother soul isn't inside of Sasuke.
Of course it is.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Fuck off Tucbro
frown.png

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
One of the big memes in Naruto is that there isn't necessarily a good and an evil. Yeah some characters are more evil than others, but all the bad guys have had their dispositions and actions justified in some way.

In the same vein, the difference between the two brothers probably can't be reduced to good vs evil, but rather genius vs work ethic, or individual vs group-centric. Those dichotomies are completely represented in Sasuke and Naruto. The revelation that the spirit of a individualistic genius resides in Sasuke wouldn't even develop the character further.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
This changes... nothing, except Naruto's motivation might alter slightly. He is still Naruto, and all the character building up until this point still stands. I don't even know if this will be a powerup, it is more of just acknowledging something that the readers have always assumed. Omgz, the character that has been described as being able to make friends with anyone, is a spiritual descendant of someone who was good at making friends.

Duh.

Obviously Sasuke has Indra's "spiritual" inheritance. It just now comes down to how it plays out. Either bros for life or they split up to keep the power separate. The ending is now binary =/

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Naruto is going to come out of this knowing Ninshuu and will probably be able to make forests and shit like Hashirama does.

Chris

Potato del Grande
What if Guy kills Madara (we already had an epic sage of six paths & ten tails battle already) and Sasuke somehow ends up being the final bad guy?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Haha there's no way. Madara has like 3 more forms to go through and at least one flashback.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
Haha there's no way. Madara has like 3 more forms to go through and at least one flashback.
We need a sad madara flashback which shows how he couldn't save his loved one so that we feel sympathy or something

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What? I liked this! It's all build-up, Guy's actually doing some damage. This was a decent Naruto chapter.