[Manga] Naruto (warning: spoilers up to current chapter)

Nola

Trakanon Raider
What a crappy ass chapter because Guy will die in vain. We all know that either Sasuke or Naruto will deliver a jutsu that will severely weaken Madara and then one of them will deliver the killing blow.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
finally the 8th gate, it's been talked about since nearly the beginning. probably Gai will die to buy them a little bit of time or something so that Naruto/Sasuke can finish madara off... too bad, Gai was a neat character.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
What a crappy ass chapter because Guy will die in vain.
If you haven't seen Gai going out in a blaze of glory like this since the gates were initially introduced during the chuunin exam then I don't know what you've been thinking. Writing has been on the wall a decade.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
rrr_img_62502.jpg

first time i thought Guy was cool.

then if you think about it, (like a 10 year rivalry) when we first get introduced to itachi + kisame, itachi treated, kurenai and asuma like nothing, he barely batted an eye (not a pun) when kakashi arrived and schooled him on the sharingan, but he treated guy with almost as much caution as he treated jiraiya(even kisame knew not to mess with jiraiya).

i mean true, kurenai is worthless kunoichi (most of them are) and asuma... eh, the only thing they ever had was a class of jonin, compared to Guy and kakashi, they're just like fleas.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I find it a little peculiar that the dad says, "this is your own rule," or something to that extent. Makes me wonder if Gai will surpass the ability and live through opening it.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I find it a little peculiar that the dad says, "this is your own rule," or something to that extent. Makes me wonder if Gai will surpass the ability and live through opening it.
The flashback of death is already triggered, nothing can stop the death of Gai now.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'd be satisfied with him just killing Madara point blank and that ending the series.
100% this because anything less diminishes the awesomeness of the whole 8 gates thing. Sadly when someone said it would weaken Madara in some way enough for Naruske to 9 tail eye hax a win that is probably how it will end sadly. Guy's awesomeness creates a crack in the armor so to speak.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Madar isn't even at his final form. Guys death only buys some time for naruto.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I hope it would be the weakening moment, but given that Naruto/Sasuke are still currently unconcious it gives me the feeling this is just gonna be one of those shrug-off moments that isn't gonna do anything to Madara.

And to be fair, there may be some way Guy survives this. I know we've had the childhood flashback which signifies inevitable death in any manga, but just think - Kishi did the same thing with Kabuto and he's still alive, so he does know how to break the mold from time to time.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I'd like to see Guy die killing Madara. There's still that giant plant/nuke thing that Naruto can turn six-paths sage and diffuse before it kills everyone.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wow i didn't even think of this (cuz this is how insignificant side characters are), if/when guy dies, that's 50% of Team Guy, in one battle.(remember neiji)

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's hard to care since Madara is capable of opening his own gates, and if he doesn't then he's basically throwing the fight
Ah this would be a good way to maintain the uberness of the technique, have Madara use it and destroy people as of course Guy can't use it and win because it's the NARUTO manga.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, pretty underwhelming with the 8-gates so far, i mean they still need like 4 extra people just to get past the defenses so Gai could land one punch.