[Manga] Naruto (warning: spoilers up to current chapter)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yeah, pretty underwhelming with the 8-gates so far, i mean they still need like 4 extra people just to get past the defenses so Gai could land one punch.
that's true let's examine the backup

a 6 gate user (the weakest)

a kage level kakashi using space time mangekyo sharingan

a dead kage using the fasest space time ninjutsu

a sand kage, well just using super sand

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
While I'm not disagreeing with your summation of events... Kakashi pretty clearly said his sharingan is almost completely blind. Probably not as much of a baller with no depth perception nor sharingan perks.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
While I'm not disagreeing with your summation of events... Kakashi pretty clearly said his sharingan is almost completely blind. Probably not as much of a baller with no depth perception nor sharingan perks.
Which makes no sense now that putting somebody else's sharingan eyes in prevents the blindness effect.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
You know that crazy powerful suicide technique we've foreshadowed for more than a decade? Yeah, turns out it doesn't do shit. HEY LOOK NARUTO'S AWAKE.

Fuck this manga.
Bro he punched him.

This is a huge mirror to the Lee vs Gaara fight. I don't think there's a question that Madara is going to come out of this okay, but Guy is the first person to make Madara look mortal which is the most one could ask from someone like Guy.

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
So many of you are expecting way too much. Do you really think that in a Shounen manga that they're going to kill off the main villain with a secondary character? Yeah he's a good secondary character, but he's still a secondary character. He is facing literally what might be the most powerful ninja to have ever existed. He wields the power of the Sage of Six Paths. What, the, fuck, do you expect? He is fighting on a level that is making the main villain sweat, and he gave him a compliment that he hasn't been this excited in a battle since Hashirama, and that's pretty amazing.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
So many of you are expecting way too much. Do you really think that in a Shounen manga that they're going to kill off the main villain with a secondary character? Yeah he's a good secondary character, but he's still a secondary character. He is facing literally what might be the most powerful ninja to have ever existed. He wields the power of the Sage of Six Paths. What, the, fuck, do you expect? He is fighting on a level that is making the main villain sweat, and he gave him a compliment that he hasn't been this excited in a battle since Hashirama, and that's pretty amazing.
You are right and that's about all that could be expected, but they could of maybe let us think it would be useful before ultimately being a meaningless gesture kind of like when Vegeta kills himself fighting majin buu, for just a brief moment you think that just maybe he could have been the one to save the day.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Who thought Vegeta was going to beat Majin Buu?

Guy isn't even Naruto's Vegeta (Sasuke is the closest thing and even that's a bad comparison). Guy beating Madara would be like Tenshinhan beating Majiin Buu.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
No I get it Guy is Yajirobe levels of gay but 8 gates hype!!
frown.png

I am letting my own fan boy expectations get in the way of what we all know would happen.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Would anyone else mind if Naruto spent a month giving a one page storyline of each major character in the Naruto universe killing Madara?

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Would anyone else mind if Naruto spent a month giving a one page storyline of each major character in the Naruto universe killing Madara?
I think they are doing this for Guy because of all the major characters, he's probably the least fleshed out character. I'm fairly sure he won't die though as Kakashi left him an out.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Kakashi still has the ability to rez since he watched that old lady do it to Gaara and he's the ultimate copy ninja.

I think he's going to die though, there's no reason for him not to since Rock Lee is basically a copy of him.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I want kakashi to start Kamui'ing people to the other dimension and just leaving them the fuck there. How is that not a thing? Filler character? Head directly to Kamuiland do not pass go, do not get one shot by Madara.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Please dont compare the final gate opening of someone with no ninjutsu vs someone who could use ninjutsu. Keep in mind Gai opening the 8 gates only gives HIM super strength, speed, etc. If someone like one of the previous Kage had done it they would be unleashing some incredible techniques, but Gai cannot do that. If you were expecting him to dish out anything other than heightened physical attacks then you're just butthurt over your own expectations.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If you were expecting him to dish out anything other than heightened physical attacks then you're just butthurt over your own expectations.
Great point, if Hashirama opened the 8th gate the world would probably explode from his first jutsu.

Hence we will never see a talented character opening the more dangerous gates; IIRC Kakashi has opened the third gate(?) when he was climbing that cliff with one hand to meet Sasuke. He must know how to open them all but obviously isn't willing since he has already been killed once and didn't even think of it. Plot no jutsu in action I guess.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I'm imagining that opening the gates requires some ridiculous amount of training to do. Otherwise Madara, master of all evil and powerful shit would have opened it during his undead state and just pwned only to be reborn or some shit anyways.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I'm imagining that opening the gates requires some ridiculous amount of training to do. Otherwise Madara, master of all evil and powerful shit would have opened it during his undead state and just pwned only to be reborn or some shit anyways.
Probably otherwise all of the unlimited chakra completely immortal edo tensei guys should of been using that shit left and right. You cares if it hurts their body it will just regen anyways.

Go go 8 gates edo tensei 4th hokage.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's a shonnen manga, unique character defining abilities exist because it makes the fiction better, not because it follows a coherent set of physics defined in the universe.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Exclusively watching the anime and not reading the manga has left me very frustrated. Why is there literally 50 episodes of filler between 5-6 episodes of plot? I know this thread is going to be biased, but should I just start reading the manga? I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it as much as the show, but I'm definitely not enjoying breathlessly anticipating the next installment of adventures with teenage Kakashi.