[Manga] One Piece - Spoilers up to the most recent Chapter.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
gumo gumo no kamehameha

rrr_img_94423.jpg

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Almost two months to post... guess the joker arc carried on a bit too long.

Kaidou was finally introduced. I'm sure his name is a pun on something, but I don't get it. This chapter was bizarre, as the team seems split up already.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Guessing this next arc is the last one in this saga since kaido was recently introduce and luffy just got a massive alliance going.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
There goes the 3 (?) more shipmates theory...lol. I was hoping Bartelow (or whatever) would join the crew.

kitsune

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't think this story is any where close to ending, but we are making progress at least. It's going to be interesting to see what Kaidou ends up doing and where Luffy goes next.

Malkav

French Madman
Damn... didn't know the Dressrosa arc lasted a year... and 1 year is way too long without Sanji.

I feel like the pacing has been shit since he did the time skip.
Yeah, it just slowed to a crawl after that. Too convuloted, too many side characters and too many flashbacks.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, it just slowed to a crawl after that. Too convuloted, too many side characters and too many flashbacks.
Wow fuck me. Fishman Island was 1 year, Punk hazard was 1 year, and Dressrosa was 2 years! I feel like we barely got ANY storyline from those three arcs.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Part of the reason I shelved this. I was enjoying it, but it started to meander terribly and characters I didn't give a shit about kept getting introduced. It wasn't -nearly- as bad as Bleach, but like a month into Desserosa I decided that I just wasn't as attached. Had the manga effectively ended when Luffy gets injured after Ace dies, and then a couple of OVAs were produced that tied up existing storylines without going overboard like the post-timeskip story has done, I think I would have cared more. But 3+ years and effectively nothing has happened was just too much for me. At least Naruto "ended" (except for the upcoming manga where it hasn't!) and the story actually moved forward in a consistent, albeit meandering manner. One Piece is meandering but not moving forward =|

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The ending of dressarosa is confusing as fuck, but Luffy basically became an unwilling Pirate Lord (the 5th of the "Great 4" basically) with a shitload of the dressrosa sidecharacters swearing allegiance to him without his consent (is that like rape?).

The team splits into two after they leave dressarosa, both going looking for the walking elephant island (for some reason, wasn't really made clear). One gets tracked by big mom (because: fishman candy), and Sanji attacks big mom's ship. The rest of the crew members (and the samari's, that are both fucking retarded side characters that don't seem to have a point and I'm going to murder someone if they join the crew) head off to meet up.