[Manga] One Piece - Spoilers up to the most recent Chapter.

Blide_sl

shitlord
Just occurred to me after this chapter that Oda has been setting up the idea of a Straw Hat alliance for quite a while. Since after the Whitebeard War, the Straw Hats have made a number of powerful allies. I wouldn't be surprised to see those allies all come together to support Luffy somewhere down the line.

Anyone else disappointed by how much of a pushover smoker was ? I mean I get that Doflamingo is supposed to be a badass, but to get 1-shoted without even putting up a fight . . .

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
Anyone else disappointed by how much of a pushover smoker was ? I mean I get that Doflamingo is supposed to be a badass, but to get 1-shoted without even putting up a fight . . .
I am going with theory that Smoker didn't fight back for some reason. Possibly to find out more about Doflamingo's connections within the Government? He seemed to be playing dumb. Might not make sense but it seemed odd that Smoker, who held his own against Vergo, was one-shotted so easily.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Why? Donflamingo is one of the "top" villains in the entire series. He's got haki which can effect logia users. It's not completely unheard of.

I'm more curious as to why the Ice man admiral is there. Can't remember his name.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Thanks. His name always escapes me because it's so weird. ;-p Wonder what he's been up to after resigning.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think the strength of the Shichibukai is understated because a few of them were struck down. Moriah and Crocodile were defeated by pure luck (plot no jutsu) but they fought against the strongest characters in Marinefold and not be phased. The only 2 weaker Shichibukai are Jinbe and Boa. I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the Shichibukai have power nearly or as much as the Admirals/Emperors.

With that stated, Smoker is only a Vice Admiral, so I don't think he can fight against Doflamingo.

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the Shichibukai have power nearly or as much as the Admirals/Emperors.

With that stated, Smoker is only a Vice Admiral, so I don't think he can fight against Doflamingo.
I think people tend to think the Shichibukai are weaker than the Yonko because of the "balance of power" theory in One Piecehttp://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/World...e_Great_Powers- it takes 7 of them to "balance out" the 4 emperors. That being said, One Piece is pretty inconsistent when it comes to these power ratings - Moria was supposed to have fought Kaido to a standstill (edit: Kaido won, oops), but Moria was beaten by Luffy whereas Kaido even makes Doflamingo scared...

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
The setup to Luffy getting two powers, I sort of figured he would need another to go against Blackbeard. And his brothers fire logia was able to stand up alright to darkness.

Intox_sl

shitlord
Luffy won't eat Ace's fruit. Either it gets merged with one of Zoro's sword or it will go to raftel to become one of Luffy's treasures.

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
I think people tend to think the Shichibukai are weaker than the Yonko because of the "balance of power" theory in One Piecehttp://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/World...e_Great_Powers- it takes 7 of them to "balance out" the 4 emperors. That being said, One Piece is pretty inconsistent when it comes to these power ratings - Moria was supposed to have fought Kaido to a standstill (edit: Kaido won, oops), but Moria was beaten by Luffy whereas Kaido even makes Doflamingo scared...
Jesus, the other six would have to be exceptionally powerful to balance out BUGGY the freaking clown against the Four Emperors.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Jesus, the other six would have to be exceptionally powerful to balance out BUGGY the freaking clown against the Four Emperors.
He wasn't one of the Shichibukai, was he?

edit: derp, he became one AFTER timeskip. Maybe he got a power-up like the rest of the crew (or he's still a piece of shit).

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
He wasn't one of the Shichibukai, was he?

edit: derp, he became one AFTER timeskip. Maybe he got a power-up like the rest of the crew (or he's still a piece of shit).
Leaning towards him still being a piece of shit. The core of his character is that he's just freeloading off his reputation for being at one point associated with Shanks and Gol D Roger.

Blide_sl

shitlord
Buggy was given the invitation right after the Whitebeard War. The implication was that it was for him to be a Shichibukai but it was never stated. So that probably means Buggy is still a massive poser.

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
Need to factor in the crew that's following him. It's the toughest of the toughest from Impel Down levels 1-5. It's funny to see him there but he does have enough power to qualify.

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
Luffy won't eat Ace's fruit. Either it gets merged with one of Zoro's sword or it will go to raftel to become one of Luffy's treasures.
Agree - it's not consistent with Luffy's character. His power ups tend to be internal (nakama power, clever use of his own abilities) rather than external (afro wig and nightmare fluffy are all temporary). I'd be disappointed if they went the double fruit route anyway, aside from Blackbeard.

Tramddark_sl

shitlord
Agree - it's not consistent with Luffy's character. His power ups tend to be internal (nakama power, clever use of his own abilities) rather than external (afro wig and nightmare fluffy are all temporary). I'd be disappointed if they went the double fruit route anyway, aside from Blackbeard.
Even if they do go that route, I doubt they'd do it right away. I'm leaning towards it sitting amongst his treasures until some huge revelation occurs later on in regards to how Blackbeard did it. Then, and only then, against some threat like Akainu, or Blackbeard can I see Luffy even considering it to sort of honor Ace's memory by kicking their asses with it.