Marriage and the Power of Divorce

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Oh I see the problem here. You think all these people are supporting open marriages when in reality they are just all calling you mental because you said you think cheating is cool but talking about being open is "emotional blackmail".

You literally said you support lying about fucking someone else but can't abide talking about fucking someone else.
I didn't say that until today .... and I didn't say it was "cool". STRAW MAN

I like how you glossed over absolutely everything else to hope you were the first to post a gotcha!!!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think your dogmatism is what most people find irritating (which is why they're probably drawing parallels to your religion). You basically said it's impossible for lindz to consent and thus it is 100% cheating, no other way about it. You believe you know lindz better than she does (no hubris there!). You can think it'll end poorly and you might have seen that a lot and you might end up being right that their marriage fails. That still will never make it cheating.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You keep saying Lindz is very reluctant about this and deep down despises her husband for bringing this up. That isn't true. The entire basis for your argument isn't even applicable.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I think your dogmatism is what most people find irritating (which is why they're probably drawing parallels to your religion). You basically said it's impossible for lindz to consent and thus it is 100% cheating, no other way about it. You believe you know lindz better than she does (no hubris there!). You can think it'll end poorly and you might have seen that a lot and you might end up being right that their marriage fails. That still will never make it cheating.
You keep saying Lindz is very reluctant about this and deep down despises her husband for bringing this up. That isn't true. The entire basis for your argument isn't even applicable.
She said it took years of convincing. We aren't only talking about her but about any open marriage.

I never said deep down she despises him. That isn't true. The entire basis for YOUR argument isn't even applicable.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Lindz just remember to use a condom. Most STI's are fairly harmless or easily treatable but you don't want one of the big'uns.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Maybe any one of those triggers the event. Maybe none of them and there is a different one that unlocks it.

I think that you have to believe in to be arguing for it though. I won't argue for the benefits of brocolli, I don't believe it should be eaten by humans.

Here's the thing, I made a comment and it included my stance on open marriages. Then it was 100 comments about how that is not right and cannot be right and that I am 100% wrong no matter what. I must be a bigot a racist a xenophobe or an openaphobe. The only reason, the only possible reason I could have this stance is because Moses wrote it down somewhere. It can't be that I have seen hundreds of marriages fail through my time in the military and seen all kinds of various reasons for them.

It can't be that I have seen countless reasons given but they usually all distill down to"they said this and I said okay but I really wasn't okay with it but I felt pressured now I hate their guts and want a nasty divorce". Whether that is finances, house cleanliness, job responsibilities, frequency of sex, etc etc etc

It has nothing to do with the sex or the 'sanctity' of marriage in any way. You came into it with a certain idea and there has been a huge paradigm shift and delicate things don't usually survive big shifts.
You've said this exact thing many times over the past few pages. I get that maybe you're not talking about lindz's situation here but the rest of us are. You goal post moving faggot.

Khane

Fuck you Europe and your anti-GMO blasphemy!

Also, I thought that article headline said American woman instead of American women and was getting ready to feast my eyes on the largest pair of naturals on earth.

DickTrickle

She said it took years of convincing. We aren't only talking about her but about any open marriage.
But, do you really know why it took convincing? Maybe she was repressing her actual desires because she thought it would be wrong because people like you in society convinced her of that? Maybe she's her more authentic self now. You're assuming she's being manipulated/pressured/coerced now but maybe her initial view was manipulated/pressured/coerced by something else.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
But, do you really know why it took convincing? Maybe she was repressing her actual desires because she thought it would be wrong because people like you in society convinced her of that? Maybe she's her more authentic self now. You're assuming she's being manipulated/pressured/coerced now but maybe her initial view was manipulated/pressured/coerced by something else.
I have seen the light. It is people like me just holding everyone back.

Give me your wife's email address I want to let her know she can finally let you know she wants to fuck other men and that you are powerless to stop her as long as she communicates it to you ahead of time and takes years to convince you.

Khane

a_skeleton_03 acting like only one person in every relationship has free will and can't decide to say "Sorry, nope that doesn't work for me. Not happening".

DickTrickle

You really are a dogmatist. Your interpretation is the only correct one and no other way explanation is possible; you don't even entertain any other possibility for a second. You know people better than they know themselves, even when you barely know them at all. a_skeleton_03 Christ knows all!

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
a_skeleton_03, do you believe that Lindzs has planted the seeds for this, so carefully that her husband actually believes it was his idea, but in reality it was her idea all along?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
You really are a dogmatist. Your interpretation is the only correct one and no other way explanation is possible; you don't even entertain any other possibility for a second. You know people better than they know themselves, even when you barely know them at all. a_skeleton_03 Christ knows all!
My stance has evolved greatly in this very discussion, I am nowhere near dogmatic.

How are you not being dogmatic?

My interpretation: I don't think open marriages help, I think it is more likely that someone is going to be hurt and is going along with it because of pressures. In the last 24 hours I have decided that I only believe this if it happens partway through the marriage and not before they actually do so, in that case they came in with open eyes. There is another exception, if you turn to the spouse and suggest it and they instantly say yes. Other than that I think it masks a deeper problem that might not have manifested, people all the time stay in marriages they should not for stupid reasons and this is easily one of them.

Your interpretation: a_skeleton_03 is wrong, open marriages are great. Fuck religion. I will give advice to people all the time but if someone gives advice I don't agree with it is only them that can be wrong. My way is the only way but they are dogmatic, I am not despite being unwilling to change ever.

Khane

So what is everyone's preferred method of dealing with genital warts? Other than not getting them.

DickTrickle

My stance has evolved greatly in this very discussion, I am nowhere near dogmatic.

How are you not being dogmatic?

My interpretation: I don't think open marriages help, I think it is more likely that someone is going to be hurt and is going along with it because of pressures. In the last 24 hours I have decided that I only believe this if it happens partway through the marriage and not before they actually do so, in that case they came in with open eyes. There is another exception, if you turn to the spouse and suggest it and they instantly say yes. Other than that I think it masks a deeper problem that might not have manifested, people all the time stay in marriages they should not for stupid reasons and this is easily one of them.

Your interpretation: a_skeleton_03 is wrong, open marriages are great. Fuck religion. I will give advice to people all the time but if someone gives advice I don't agree with it is only them that can be wrong. My way is the only way but they are dogmatic, I am not despite being unwilling to change ever.
Nice straw man. I can see why you'd think that was dogmatic when it's not at all what I've been saying.

My actual interpretation is a lot simpler: Lindz knows herself better than a_skeleton_03 does. Communication that leads to a change is not always manipulation/coercion. Mutual consent between two people is possible. Both parties consenting to one person fucking is not cheating. Regretting a choice doesn't make that consensual activity cheating after the fact.

You can try to add some equivocation but you were very blatant earlier than what Lindz is doing, as she described it, is cheating -- all because you know her better than she does and she was manipulated into changing her mind.

The funny thing is I have no interest in an open marriage.