Marriage and the Power of Divorce

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Actually this is a better idea, we have the graphic novels (most of them).

I'm going to say "I'm not ready yet, I need to read the story first"

Because you know what? Whenever we watch Game of Thrones, EVERY FUCKING EPISODE, she says 100x "wasn't like this in th ebooks, pfft" and I want to pile drive her through the floor into the basement.
better yet clothsline her up the stairs, and fuck her retarded.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
How is LOTR boring?
Because each is a 90 minute movie stretched out over 3 hours? Its exactly like Tolkien's writing style. Its just needlessly long for the sake of verbosity. Then the Hobbit is a 90 minute long story stretched out over 9 hours.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
How is LOTR boring?

Noodle, maybe it's not the specific TV show. Did she try something you like recently? A TV show you really wanted to watch or perhaps something else?

Hmmm, regarding GoT...I do the same thing. Is that really that annoying? I usually explain the difference, I thought it good conversation to discuss difference between books and tv.
My wife does it during the show and also I've read all the books too. I just like to enjoy a show, not constant pausing and interruptions and little quips.

Tenks don't worry, I think the hobbit movies are some of the worst movies ever made. I only sort of enjoyed LOTR and the books were awful to read *lets have another song shall we*

She did try some shows I like, which on it's face you'd say "well you should try her show". But I did, I stopped watching during the 3rd season when I couldn't take it anymore. I also had to sit through The Time Traveler's Wife.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
If we're being honest TWD is an atrocity and you should be given an award, or at least some sort of certificate, for making it through almost 3 whole seasons.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If we're being honest TWD is an atrocity and you should be given an award, or at least some sort of certificate, for making it through almost 3 whole seasons.
When you tell people you aren't watching because of any number of reasons (retarded characters, story that makes no sense, Andrea, farm, stupid jail) they are personally offended. I can tell you that much.

Khane

Yea I made it to the episode where they were hiding all their family members in the barn. I honestly don't know how I made it that far considering shit like this happened way before that episode:

"Hey stand up on top of the RV to get a bird's eye view so none of those Zombies can get a jump on us"
*A Wild Zombie Horde appears!*
"Shit I'm out of Pokeballs!"
"Hide under the cars! Quickly! We only have about 7 minutes before they make it to us"
"Where the fuck did all these zombies suddenly appear from anyway? Are you drunk again old man?"
"Shit I cut myself trying to hide!"
"Oh fuck fuck fuck. They can smell blood"
"I thought it was fear they could smell?"
"No that's dogs, zombies are like sharks."
"SHUT THE FUCK UP THEY'RE RIGHT NEXT TO US!"
*Stare at each other intensely*

I think the fact that your wife loves it enough to push it on you is grounds for divorce. But that's just one man's opinion.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Fucking lost...my wife was so into that show we had to go to other people's house to watch it. She wanted all the DVDs for Xmas and I don't think she watch a single season twice.

All I could think of was all the conflict could be resolved if characters just asked "why?" every once and a while.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Actually this is a better idea, we have the graphic novels (most of them).

I'm going to say "I'm not ready yet, I need to read the story first"

Because you know what? Whenever we watch Game of Thrones, EVERY FUCKING EPISODE, she says 100x "wasn't like this in th ebooks, pfft" and I want to pile drive her through the floor into the basement.
She sounds pretty annoying, to be honest.

My wife and I do watch TWD but we mostly sit and mock it the whole time. We basically sit and fool around on the couch and get halfway through foreplay while they drone on about whatever bullshit they do on that show.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I like TWD a little better than most but I definitely think about half of most seasons could be erased if people just had common sense conversations with each other and avoided attempts at rousing speeches.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Women are crazy man

On Wednesday night she kept pressuring me to start watching Walking Dead. I despise the show. She just wouldn't let up about how dumb I'm being and "it's the best show according to everyone else." Finally I just said, wahtever I'll watch it leave me alone about it. Then she wanted to watch it that night and I said I wasn't ready yet. She got all huffy puffy and gave me the silent treatment.

Wasn't dealing with that shit so I just went and did my own thing and went to bed. Next day I got home and she was still pissed. I asked her about it and she said she had been "simmering" for the whole day and was extra mad.

All over The Walking Dead... and my refusal to watch it.

The fuck..
And you people mock Khane's inability to commit to a woman.

Gee I fucking wonder why.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thank god my woman does not put me through that shit. She watches her crap and I watch the good shows. She has no interest in the stuff I watch and Im definitely not sitting down to watch the Bachelor or some other stupid ass show she watches regularly.

Only stuff well watch together is a movie or something when we feel up to it. But usuall in the summer the TV is on but no ne watches anything other than maybe some local news and wheel of fortune when im making dinner. Other than that we hang outside getting buzzed by the pool enjoying the evenings.

A few nights ago the wife and I got all buzzed up, went for a 5K walk for pokeymon, than at like 1AM when we got back all sweaty decided to go swimming in the nude. Was a lot of fun.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
And you people mock Khane's inability to commit to a woman.

Gee I fucking wonder why.
Well there's compromises anytime you deal with another person. Khane is unwilling to compromise even a little, so he's probably going to be alone/single. Thats ok, if that's what works for him.

But the childishness displayed by Noodle's wife there really isn't ok and shouldn't be in the realm of "compromise" thats just straight up BS.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
She sounds pretty annoying, to be honest.

My wife and I do watch TWD but we mostly sit and mock it the whole time. We basically sit and fool around on the couch and get halfway through foreplay while they drone on about whatever bullshit they do on that show.
Only with certain things, like TV. I don't really watch much TV so if I do I prefer it to be high quality stuff (GOT, Stranger Things, etc.). I don't just watch TV for the sake of it like she seems to sometimes.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Our examples to stay away "wife busted out my tv with a hammer because I asked her if she ate the rest of the ice cream"

Khanes example to stay away is "her titties have a few little scars because she breastfed all the children of Africa that had tetanus"

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Our examples to stay away "wife busted out my tv with a hammer because I asked her if she ate the rest of the ice cream"

Khanes example to stay away is "her titties have a few little scars because she breastfed all the children of Africa that had tetanus"
I'm really not understanding the difference here.

Khane

I feel like my example in your quote is way more of a reason to stay away than yours is. You crazy fuck!

Also, who has tetanus in Africa? Do they even have metal in Africa yet?