Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
I worked a "Woman's Store" in college doing their books. Basically they had anything from pottery to bedding and all that fancy shit. It was owned by a mid 40s woman and all of the worker's in the store were all around menopausal stage. Occasionally she would hire a college age girl in there as well, which was nice for me.

You want to see some crazy woman shit, get several women going through that together... I still have nightmares to this day.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
People do some fucked up shit in relationships man. I know I heard that before but seeing it again, thats got to be pretty scarring. Good on you if you came out of it ok.

I eventually did, yes. My second marriage did more long term harm to me than anything I've been through in my life really, but a lot has changed in my life since the beginning of the year and those scars are now healing as well.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
No negs means I can shit post freely. These are the hot dogs I usually grill up.

3440458_orig.jpg

sticker,375x360.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Vegan life. Sounds so terrible. I can almost get being vegetarian. At least you get dairy, but vegan? Naw. We went to this hip vegan Mexican restaurant here once. Everyone raves about it. Sorry, cashew cream is not a valid substitute for cheese.

That Parks & Rec episode where Chris spends all this time making a fancy ass garden burger and Ron makes the simplest hamburger ever and it's way better than the veggie one is so classic and accurate.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

nuday

Golden Squire
It's probably appropriate that my first post is in this thread. My wife and I were together for 8 years and I moved out 4 months ago. She's got a load of mental issues going on, got completely obsessed with a high school boyfriend that she feels she "ruined" by leaving him, and used him and his current baby-momma to push me away until I just got fed up and left. She keeps finding reasons to tell me about her new sexual conquests and how interesting her life is by somehow linking it back to "you need to know this because it's related to our daughter". She sucks.

Long story short, I'm a mix of really happy to be on my own and also soul-crushingly lonely sometimes. I've got my daughter half the week and those are good days, and since the school year just started back I'm working again so that helps.

• 1Like

Hosix

All labs matter!
It's probably appropriate that my first post is in this thread. My wife and I were together for 8 years and I moved out 4 months ago. She's got a load of mental issues going on, got completely obsessed with a high school boyfriend that she feels she "ruined" by leaving him, and used him and his current baby-momma to push me away until I just got fed up and left. She keeps finding reasons to tell me about her new sexual conquests and how interesting her life is by somehow linking it back to "you need to know this because it's related to our daughter". She sucks.

Long story short, I'm a mix of really happy to be on my own and also soul-crushingly lonely sometimes. I've got my daughter half the week and those are good days, and since the school year just started back I'm working again so that helps.

Stay busy and tell that bitch to fuck off. Your focus is being the greatest dad you can be. Get a new hobby? Or get back to an old one. Start hitting the gym. The mind games women play during a divorce suck. You just have to weather this storm.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester

She'll stop doing it as soon as it stops hurting you.

"I don't care, I really don't care, and it has nothing to do with our daughter. If you need to brag go find someone -- it's not me anymore."

Of course if you do that, she'll probably just turn to using your daughter as a weapon instead. So let her brag and act suitably annoyed. It sounds like she's too stupid to notice that it's hollow.

• 1Like

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
As someone who has been married for 8 years I can't imagine feeling lonely for at least the first 5 years if my resident mouth disappeared.

Finally some fucking peace.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

Find some solace in knowing that if her life was truly interesting, you wouldn't be hearing about it. She sounds miserable and is probably looking to convince herself that her rebound hook ups have meaning more than she's trying to convince you. If they did, as said, she'd be indifferent towards you and just want to focus on her stuff. (Well, at least most people I know who pull this shit are doing it because of that.)

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Find some solace in knowing that if her life was truly interesting, you wouldn't be hearing about it.

Agreed. She's just doing it because her life is miserable and she knows it bothers you.

Minimize contact with her and focus on yourself; you only need to talk to her enough to make arrangements for the kid. Politely shut down further conversation where possible. Find things that make you happy or feel better about yourself. For me, I took up running and got back into homebrewing. Both of which have stuck long after the divorce process was completed and I'd moved on from it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

nuday

Golden Squire
She's 28, I'm 29. She's been a mess for years, but now that I'm outside looking at what her life seems like it is I have no fucking clue how I stuck around so long. If half the shit she says is true, it seems like she has reverted back to who she was at 21, which makes me feel sad for her. Like, I liked to party or whatever at 21, but now I've got a career and that shit just sounds exhausting.

Most of the time I'm 100% content to be where I'm at. Even when I'm not I get over it pretty quickly. I've started trying to get into shape and I play video games without feeling guilty about it. That's a great feeling lol.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hosix

All labs matter!
She's 28, I'm 29. She's been a mess for years, but now that I'm outside looking at what her life seems like it is I have no fucking clue how I stuck around so long. If half the shit she says is true, it seems like she has reverted back to who she was at 21, which makes me feel sad for her. Like, I liked to party or whatever at 21, but now I've got a career and that shit just sounds exhausting.

Most of the time I'm 100% content to be where I'm at. Even when I'm not I get over it pretty quickly. I've started trying to get into shape and I play video games without feeling guilty about it. That's a great feeling lol.

Just keep doing your thing. Ignore her shit and just be a great dad. Drop the weight and slay some amazing vagina.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Wife kind of made me angry last night - she cooked dinner (a roaster chicken, mashed potatoes, vegetables) for me for when I got home. Except when I got home she wanted me to feed the kid because she had to do something. Then she had to get ready for work, so I had to bathe the kid. By the time I ate it was 2 hours later and pretty annoying.

The straw that really broke the camels back was the mashed potatoes were really dry. I've showed her time and time again how to make them but she always fucks them up.

I guess it's the thought that counts..

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
The straw that really broke the camels back was the mashed potatoes were really dry. I've showed her time and time again how to make them but she always fucks them up.

I guess it's the thought that counts..

Nothing the back of your hand can't cure. Just tell her you're both Muslim now and it should play out fine.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The real punishment was I didn't need to say anything - the kid refused to eat them. I could see the heartbreak.

• 1Like