Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Nester

Vyemm Raider
And that is the plan b. Right now she is just taking the time to try to get the business off the ground, since we have the means to afford no income right now, she is going to give the cake and catering business a year to get going. If it doesn't, she will most likely grab a part time gig at an office, because she will get bored of this.

by cake business do you mean cake hobby? Or has she rented a commercial kitchen, taken out a business licence, bought business insurance and worked out a formal business plan...?

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
My wife started selling skirts she makes for kids and American Girl Dolls on Etsy. She sells them for $20 - 40 each, I guess depending on how expensive the fabric is, but she often gets it for no more than $10 a yard which is enough for 3-4 skirts.

Craziest thing is people buy clothes for their children's dolls that is more expensive than clothes for adults.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My wife started selling skirts she makes for kids and American Girl Dolls on Etsy. She sells them for $20 - 40 each, I guess depending on how expensive the fabric is, but she often gets it for no more than $10 a yard which is enough for 3-4 skirts.

Craziest thing is people buy clothes for their children's dolls that is more expensive than clothes for adults.

Hey man some people spend more money on clothes for their digital characters than they do on clothes for real life adults too!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Hey man some people spend more money on clothes for their digital characters than they do on clothes for real life adults too!
Fucking white people.

Also my in-laws are mortified she is sewing for a hobby. Mainly because they are Filipino and I guess they look down on that type of work?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
by cake business do you mean cake hobby? Or has she rented a commercial kitchen, taken out a business licence, bought business insurance and worked out a formal business plan...?

She has just left a job in a commercial kitchen, and worked at another catering company. We are getting ready to purchase commercial equipment, yes. As far as the rest a lot of that is not really required around here, and a plan? I mean we've been in business before, so we have the S corp and all that already sitting there as it still is used for rental properties for the family... and I get what you are talking about with a formal plan, but we aren't going that crazy about it, outside of opening the accounts and business ID's and what not. I'd say this is more formal than a hobby, and she is professionally trained in the craft, but we aren't looking to start a national chain either. She has contacts and has already signed on to do the cakes and formal baking for her previous job so we already have a good start on client base, and all of her personal contacts will stick with her that she has been baking for in her previous job. Job was catering director for a small university cafeteria, so it wasn't their primary purpose to sell cakes, and in fact they suggested doing it this way.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Awesome, sounds like like you guys have thought this through... My comment was derived by the fact my friends wife wanted to do the same...she maybe makes 2-3 cakes a month.......

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Awesome, sounds like like you guys have thought this through... My comment was derived by the fact my friends wife wanted to do the same...she maybe makes 2-3 cakes a month.......
So?

Also grow the fuck up and learn to use proper grammar. This is the fucking grown up forum.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
So?

Also grow the fuck up and learn to use proper grammar. This is the fucking grown up forum.

Alright you two. I'm no amod but this shit is getting fucking stupid. He was making an honest observation, without being a dick; A grown up point in discussion which you bashed him for not doing before....And you bashed him, and thats as petty and childish as the shit that you've come down on him for. Now you're just going stupid.

• 1Like

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So?

3risbcx.jpg

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Don't be shitty in the raid tomorrow zyyzyzzy

Oh god I derailed the conversation. Don't infract me plz
I can make no promises. Also probably won't speak in discord since it is shitty and any time I hit any push to talk hotkey I assign discord disconnects my entire desktop from the internet.

Nester Nester grow up or at least be funny when you are trying to be you giant vagina.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider

Oh I got that. And really it was a fair question as a LOT of people do that. We may start out at that pace but hopefully inside of a year she'll be doing 10 cakes a week along with a big catering order here and there. However, our goal for the catering side is just prepping the food and delivering it for the most part, not really full on running of events. However, we also are looking at converting one of the barns on the family farm into an "event center" and move the commercial stuff into a kitchen there, but that is way down the road stuff there as it would cost a ton to turn a 100+ year old barn into something that can actually hold formal events.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Just side with your SO's coworkers whenever they complain. They'll stop complaining about work soon after.
Same tactics I used for dishwashing. Woops, did I drop one of your precious royal copenhagen tea set porcelain? Totally an accident.

• 1Like

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
The reason why women bitch about their work is because they have no meaningful outlet/capacity/ability to do so at work. You can't cuss out your manager for being a dumb bitch, you can't call out the incompetent co-worker for fucking up the 100th time, there's not much merit in completely fucking up a manageable work-place dynamic by telling the creepy guy to leave you alone. By the time she's getting home she's had a few hours to stew over all the dumb shit she had to deal with and..viola. 45 minute rant.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The reason why women bitch about their work is because they have no meaningful outlet/capacity/ability to do so at work. You can't cuss out your manager for being a dumb bitch, you can't call out the incompetent co-worker for fucking up the 100th time, there's not much merit in completely fucking up a manageable work-place dynamic by telling the creepy guy to leave you alone. By the time she's getting home she's had a few hours to stew over all the dumb shit she had to deal with and..viola. 45 minute rant.
I'm not sure how those are problems limited to being a woman(other than the creepy guy).

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
They're not. I think it comes down to...most men are better are internalizing bullshit? Separating themselves from their work? Less worried about being perceived poorly by their peers/employer for being assertive?

Khane

Creepy guys creep me out too. Is there anyone I can talk to about it?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
The reason why women bitch about their work is because they have no meaningful outlet/capacity/ability to do so at work.
have you worked in a woman dominated workplace?

I have.

gossip
backstab
and yeah pretty sure they have "venue" to bitch about their co-workers everywhere at work.

Or washroom.

Khane

Less worried about being perceived poorly by their peers/employer for being assertive?

It's all this. Not giving a fuck is part of being a man.

And if life was a wedding I'd be like... the best man.