Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
have you worked in a woman dominated workplace?

I have.

gossip
backstab
and yeah pretty sure they have "venue" to bitch about their co-workers everywhere at work.

Or washroom.

To be honest, no, I've never worked in that environment. My shift-leaders and managers are almost universally women but they're all pretty much older/more about getting the paper than sitting around talking shit. I know those places exist, and I know those women invariably go home to piss off their boyfriends by rehashing the same drama shit they sniping about all day. I don't really have an excuse ready for those kind of people.

I find myself with the urge to be like that, though. You're driving home, it's an hour later than when your shift was supposed to end, and you're rehashing the day's events with the rude customers and near-accidents and getting howled at by homeless people or dealing with people who try to short-change you, and you want the one legitimately-sympathetic person you've got ready access to to listen to you vent. It's a question of curating what you bitch about.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
The store at the bottom of the Ave, ie. the one in the same zone as Corky Row/the Flint/Heritage Heights/Johnson St. housing projects. Outside of a chance delivery to the Highlands I'd say a good 60-70% of our deliveries are going to Section 8 residents. ...I want to say that the Riv took a big fucking nose dive while I was out of the country, but dat's wacist.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
If you're coming from over the river you probably went to the store on Main St. The nice one. I'm at the shitbox. 5-10 tomorrow if you want to stop by for a free soda and be disappointed the random person that works there is out on deliveries.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Oh whoops, I didn't mean to blow up your spot. I only mentioned dangelos because it's the onlynplace I've been in the area. Oh, also papa Gino's to the east

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
I work at D'angelo's and posted as much on the Wat U Do thread, is fine ) Just got a second (third?) job at Venus, too!

Last edited:

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
My wife being a nurse works with 99% women and let me tell you the drama that comes from that never ends. She is very good about not excessively whining about it at home but the things I do hear are just ridiculous problems.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Tonight zaara can bring home the drama about random forum dude that showed up demanding a free soda, and then her boyfriend will kill me in my sleep.

Venus is a nice place. A bit over the top considering where it is but every time I went it was nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
You're driving home, it's an hour later than when your shift was supposed to end, and you're rehashing the day's events with the rude customers and near-accidents and getting howled at by homeless people or dealing with people who try to short-change you, and you want the one legitimately-sympathetic person you've got ready access to to listen to you vent. It's a question of curating what you bitch about.

You gotta smoke some weed or something.