Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Well, I don't think the cause of your snoring matters as it doesn't treat that. All it does is cancel out the noise by using opposing sound waves. It's not a snoring "treatment", it's a "stop driving your wife crazy with your snoring" device.

What I want to know (having a background in science) is how they can match varying amplitudes and frequencies heard in snoring in real time..
Yeah, having a background in healthcare I get that it's not a cure, lol. I'm interested in the, supposed, efficacy with irregular snoring and gasp like snoring associated especially with OSA and in part UAI. I wonder how much power it uses, and ponder the idea of having lithium-oxygen batteries this close to a body orifice. I wonder if it's a good idea to have this device so close to your CNS in general.

Vanity / marriage is a powerful drivingforce :)

Also there are options to explore if it's, say, a turbulence based nasal stenosis snoring.

I'd talk to an ENT first :D

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Well, I don't think the cause of your snoring matters as it doesn't treat that. All it does is cancel out the noise by using opposing sound waves. It's not a snoring "treatment", it's a "stop driving your wife crazy with your snoring" device.

What I want to know (having a background in science) is how they can match varying amplitudes and frequencies heard in snoring in real time..

I think it would be super easy. You put a hinge in the middle of a drum stick in between two drums and when it beats on the outside it sucks back equal and opposite on the inside. I should know, i designed noise canceling headphones for nasa

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You guys have it all wrong.

What kind of man let's a woman cook a steak?
I prefer my girlfriend not cook anything. I'm a better cook in every way. Luckily, I enjoy cooking, but she's dangerous in the kitchen.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I prefer my girlfriend not cook anything. I'm a better cook in every way. Luckily, I enjoy cooking, but she's dangerous in the kitchen.

My wife keeps her spices in alphabetical order in the shelf.

I do not touch things in the kitchen

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
Well, if you had an outer membrane then it wouldn't be beyond our abilities I think to capture a pattern from an outer membrane and then reverse an reverse the polarity on inner membrane. It wouldn't be perfect, but it would cancel out a lot of the vibration and probably mute it enough that it was below the level of real recognition.

That seems overly complicated though.

I actually wasn't that far off. but they don't use a membrane, they use good old fashioned styrofoam and a two microphones.

How Noise-canceling Headphones Work

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀

The last couple years, winter time, have been awful with the snoring thing. I'm a pretty light sleeper to begin with and his snoring + the cats made it hell. Will have to look into it.

As per Noodle story:

I'll readily admit I'm a dumbass and used to browse Cosmopolitan in the check-out line at the market. Those awful '40 Ways to Wow Your Man' columns? Yeah, would read those. It was always good for a laugh when it got ridiculous and suggested things like 'take a pearl necklace and wrap it around his shaft', but there was one that was like 'wake your man up with sex. He'll love it!' Okay, says I. I'll try it.

He sleeps like a corpse. It's 3 in the morning, he's got work in 4 hours, I reach over and apparently he's having a good dream because he seems ready to go...then he mumbles something unintelligible and rolls over the other way so I can't get at him. I was absolutely obliterated, mind and soul. Cue him being confused as hell when he gets home from work that day and I'm mad at him for no reason. Man, that ended up being a stupid argument.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
He sleeps like a corpse. It's 3 in the morning, he's got work in 4 hours, I reach over and apparently he's having a good dream because he seems ready to go...then he mumbles something unintelligible and rolls over the other way so I can't get at him. I was absolutely obliterated, mind and soul. Cue him being confused as hell when he gets home from work that day and I'm mad at him for no reason. Man, that ended up being a stupid argument.

Why be obliterated when he clearly had no idea? Just roll his big ass over and hop on. Not a man alive is gonna say no.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀
In retrospect, yeah, should've just gone with it. Not going to say its universal but I get the feeling that perceived rejection/ambivalence from one's SO factors pretty high up on the list of things that women go batshit over, and I'm not too proud to say I was no different in that particular instance.

• 1Solidarity

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
In retrospect, yeah, should've just gone with it. Not going to say its universal but I get the feeling that perceived rejection/ambivalence from one's SO factors pretty high up on the list of things that women go batshit over, and I'm not too proud to say I was no different in that particular instance.

How do you think men feel when women straight up tell you to fuck off when you make sexual overtures, and how often do you think it happens?

• 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Mrs. Izo is in w40 in 1 hour, spotting and lone contractions.

I think I'm going to be a dad again soon, bros.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande

This explains why I trigger The Crazy so often. I've been known to reject sex for video games and am frequently emotionally ambivalent. Nothing makes a women go apeshit more than having an offer of sex rejected or not getting enough attention. Telling them "well now you know how it feels to be a man" is generally not helpful either.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
How do you think men feel when women straight up tell you to fuck off when you make sexual overtures, and how often do you think it happens?
This, so much. Every now and then I tell myself I'm gonna turn the wife down just to make the point. But lets be honest, unless I'm super busy with work I'm not turning it down. Pussy > pride

But its fucked up when you sit down and think about it. How many other things that are important in a relationship do we accept one person unilaterally vetoing? "Fuck no honey, I'm not washing any dishes". "Fuck no, we're not buying a dog". "Fuck no, I'm not gonna give you a foot rub". "Fuck no, we're not gonna buy new drapes". No, all of these are topics for discussion.

But "Fuck no, we're not having sex tonight" is supposed to be OK when the woman says it, but is horribly mean and damn near unforgivable when the man says it.

(Obviously I'm not saying men should be able to override that veto, I'm saying unilateral vetos shouldnt be on the table in a marriage for any of these topics)

iannis

Musty Nester
This explains why I trigger The Crazy so often. I've been known to reject sex for video games and am frequently emotionally ambivalent. Nothing makes a women go apeshit more than having an offer of sex rejected or not getting enough attention. Telling them "well now you know how it feels to be a man" is generally not helpful either.

Now you know how it feels to be a man was worth a true gut laugh.

I'm remembering it and using it. Five sparkletots for you.

Zaara

I'm With HER ♀

It probably feels bad, man. And it must happen a whole lot, considering how often people mention it as something women do. Sex can most certainly be a weapon and a bargaining chip, so withholding may end up being a lady's try at a passive-aggressive controlling technique or just a guilt-free way to mete out punishment. Don't condone it or practice it myself, but shit. I don't have to tell you why women do it, either, if you live with the shit.