Marriage and the Power of Divorce

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Tell her, "If you don't celebrate Christmas, Yule not be getting anything from me."

Nah, I think she celebrates christmas actually. we rocked out to some Christmas Music when I was dropping her off one day.

She did say she was a Wiccan at one point but it was and I quote was "Binary gendered"

Wantonsoup95

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you all handle things like bonuses? I get one every year equal what a paycheck would be without taxes. My wife gets no bonus and every year, and I've given her about 25% of mine to do as she pleases. A friend of mine who I told this to lost his mind over me giving some away like that. Couldn't understand it at all. Am I crazy for doing that?

Ryoz

<Donor>
We set a budget of about $200 for each other, so I got her a new robe (fleece), some books, a new case for her ipad, a decal for her MacBook, and this Kate spade purse she wanted. Xmas is a pita but I actually started jotting shit down last year after xmas so had a lot of good ideas.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
How do you all handle things like bonuses? I get one every year equal what a paycheck would be without taxes. My wife gets no bonus and every year, and I've given her about 25% of mine to do as she pleases. A friend of mine who I told this to lost his mind over me giving some away like that. Couldn't understand it at all. Am I crazy for doing that?

How you guys handle your money is no one else's business. But If you are married what's yours is hers and what's hers is yours. I don't see this as a big deal.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I posted my dick once for a contest

Wouldn't be the first time my dick made someone cry

This can be cited as a fine example of the history of FOH.

As for the Christmas thing, we decided we would each buy one thing that would be useful for the whole family, no personal gifts this year, though we are going to get a couple things for each kid that we know they really want. $200 limit. So, for example, our Apple TV died, so that's one thing someone can get. That's how we're doing it this year.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Noodleface Noodleface My wife is pretty boring as well. She enjoys watching video games but doesn't actually play any. She has given up all hobbies and says she doesn't have time for them as the kids take up all her time. I've gotten her a kindle, which she tried to get me to return, but then days later decided that she actually did like it, but she hasn't gotten any new books lately, so she's not using it. New books might be the way to go, however, I can torrent any book she want, so wasting money on a Kindle book is how she'd see it.

Christmas is my favorite, and I typically have ideas from through out the year where she has wanted something and I just remember it and surprise her. Extra brownie points, or are they hummer points? when I tell her when she had mentioned it and that she wanted one. Then of course this back fired for her birthday as she told her friend she wanted something, and I overheard it. Got it for her, for her birthday and then she told me after opening it that the thought was nice but she'd never use it. I said wtf, you told your friend 2 weeks ago that you wanted one. She says yea, but I can't use it up here, and I don't really want it.... :(

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
If she reposts the pics and you fuckers say anything bad, consider yourselves banned.

I didn't even say anything bad! I made a tongue in cheek (at least in my mind) comment about her being like a sister and how much of a prude I am that I couldnt handle nudes of my forum sis.

• 1Solidarity

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I didn't even say anything bad! I made a tongue in cheek (at least in my mind) comment about her being like a sister and how much of a prude I am that I couldnt handle nudes of my forum sis.

Yeah your the faggot who ruined it for everyone else.

Take your prude slutshaming button down minivan driving ass off our forum.

Like your sister? We ain't your family pal.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

Handle it exactly the same as you handle every paycheck. Anything else is idiotic. Me and my wife each put half the paycheck in the joint account. Any bonuses I get are treated the same.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Some of the gifts G got me for Christmas that I liked the most:
1. Electric Blanket for bed and electric throw for the sofa....because we kept our thermostat set to "meat locker" and I was always cold.
2. A new fly rod, new reel and case. I was using hand me down gear. He got me good line and tippet and some favorite flies and poppers too. This gift indicated that he liked spending time fishing with me and that he wanted to make it even more enjoyable for me as well.
3. My stand mixer, because I would never have spent the money on such a thing and he knew I wanted one.
4. Massage gift certificates and arranging the appointments because he wanted me to have some time to myself for pampering...where I wasn't taking care of his mom, or him or anyone else...where I could be taken care instead.
I never asked for any of these...he was observant and thoughtful.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Out of curiosity, I asked my wife what her favorite gift was that I had ever given her and she said it was a surprise trip I had planned with stops at several B&Bs.

I said "No, I'm talking about an actual thing I've given you."

She snickered and said "Oh, you know."

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Out of curiosity, I asked my wife what her favorite gift was that I had ever given her and she said it was a surprise trip I had planned with stops at several B&Bs.

I said "No, I'm talking about an actual thing I've given you."

She snickered and said "Oh, you know."

Sounds like the perfect time to have said, "No. I don't know. Tell me. Do it slowly, and drop your voice a little."

• 1Like

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
I asked my girlfriend what she wanted for Christmas and she gave me the cop out answer 'all I want is you'. Now I'm stuck in this retarded spot where I know she is going to get me something and I have to figure out a good gift

bah...women

• 1Solidarity