Marriage and the Power of Divorce

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Staying at home is a fucking joke past the initial few years that the kiddies are not at school full time. Once they are, its a waste of another worker and salary, unless unemployable, uneducated, and worthless. which lets face it, many women are.

We chose that she stay at home during those young years. I would rather her raise the kids on our terms rather than some expensive ass kid daycare mill. But once they were both in school, I noticed my wife not doing shit all day and getting depressed. So we had the talk and she agreed to go back, even if it was part time. and yeah, she fought it. Its not even for the money, as we made it before without her working for the better part of 8 or whatever years, but just for her sanity and the point that she is not going to be just sitting on her ass all day doing fuck all, watching shitty shows and playing Facebook games.

Cleaning and laundry and dinner is not working. Any wife telling you this BS is fucking lying or fooling her self. Shit like that is 2-4 hours of work a day tops. Probably more like 1-2 hours if she keeps on top of it day to day.

So now, working only 2-3 days a week shes bringing in an extra $1-1.5K per month which is a nice bonus. And she definitely feels better about herself while still having days off to do fuck all. She is still fighting full time employment, but well get there eventually, hopefully. Im just glad shes back, back into the swing of things.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Staying at home is a fucking joke past the initial few years that the kiddies are not at school full time.

I've been a stay at home Dad for a few years now, and we have always emphasized being home for the kids. My kids have never been in daycare, they wake up to and come home to a parent every day. I do the laundry, I make dinner, I do the grocery shopping. The issue is what else is the stay at home spouse doing, I earn about $130,000 a year while staying home. I made three times that out working but I don't think money has to be end all goal of the family unit.

So in a nutshell, don't think anything wrong with having a stay home parent nor is there an excuse for that stay at home parent to not be productive beyond house chores.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If my wife actually took care of stuff in the house I wouldn't mind her staying home the rest of her life. But as she behaves now I won't allow it.

She did just quit her part time (2 nights) job because she's pregnant and wasn't really making much money

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
If my wife actually took care of stuff in the house I wouldn't mind her staying home the rest of her life. But as she behaves now I won't allow it.

She did just quit her part time (2 nights) job because she's pregnant and wasn't really making much money

Just throw everything out, like fucking everything. Our houses are so full of useless shit. I don't like doing the chores but I try to make them easy as possible by getting of things that aren't needed. THrowing shit out makes me hard.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just throw everything out, like fucking everything. Our houses are so full of useless shit. I don't like doing the chores but I try to make them easy as possible by getting of things that aren't needed. THrowing shit out makes me hard.
My wife complains because that's how I am.

I do not need this item so into the trash it goes. She has the hoarder mentality of 'I might need this one day' . It's a constant back and forth

Also when I do chores it takes like no time at all so not sure what the problem is.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I went a little nuts this weekend, have a pile of big contractor trash bags in garage from throwing things this weekend. Wife and kids know, if you don't want Dad throwing something out it better not be left laying around. I go through items and if we won't use the item in the next year (dont throw out seasonal things) then I get rid of it. This time it was photos, old electronics, clothing, books and games.

My mom always yells at me that I should be selling things but that is the mindset that starts the clutter. I always respond "Am I selling it today?" if not trash it goes. I did just trade in 100 playstation games at gamestop which I never did before. Kids hadn't played these games in forever and they were never going to play them again and there they sat. I did trash tons of rock band stuff since no easy means to get rid of it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
At least donate it to charity if it's potentially worth selling.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
At least donate it to charity if it's potentially worth selling.

Wife went into work this morning with a bunch of stuff to give to children with cancer at the hospital. There is a 12yr old boy there now so giving him my drone. I always have her look over stuff plus I send pics to family to see if they want things especially when it's computer parts, monitors etc. We usually do a big bag of clothes to one of the charities but only if it's in nice shape stanky ass work clothes or things that are torn I just toss.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
My wife complains because that's how I am.

I do not need this item so into the trash it goes. She has the hoarder mentality of 'I might need this one day' . It's a constant back and forth

Also when I do chores it takes like no time at all so not sure what the problem is.

My wife takes like 3 hours to go to the grocery store and I hassled her about it, and she was like "DO IT YOURSELF THEN"

I came back in 40 minutes with everything we needed and she was like "fuck you"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Got a BJ last night and I nutted so hard my balls hurt. Gunna have to get her to give me another one soon to make sure it was just because I was stove up and not some new medical problem.

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
Arguing_bade59_2263572.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Our grocery bill was practically cut in half when I took over that duty and like you Cad I do it in a fraction of the time. Walmart really freaked me out for awhile went most of my life without going to retail stores and it was an adjustment. I have the place memorized now, and I go early on Monday and Tuesday mornings the place is totally empty. We use a shared app so if wife or kids need something they throw it on the list and I buy it. They complain about not having something I only respond "Put in on the list" so I'm doing no browsing for the lack of a better term when I'm there.

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
Finally a conversation I can join in on;

My wife is a stay at home Wife/Mom. Has been practically since we moved out. She worked 2-3 months to let me finish college and jump into a good position right out of it... but after that? HArdly any work. She did immediately get a full time job for the time period I was laid off last year, and even was sad when that company's layoffs hit her (which, was before I had a job--Fucking scarey couple of days there before I was made an offer)

Since then, she keeps tossing up the idea of going back to work. We had to miss our Christmas trip last year, and she says she wants to make it through the holidays before seriously looking because she doesn't want to miss this year..

I think its a fucking excuse, and she got real comfortable with not working again. (follow a few months ago in the career threads to find out what kinda struggle I was in with the state of underemployment I had fallen into..It was anyhting>$0)...

So, how do I tell the bitch imma hurt her if she don't start werkin?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
how many kids and how old? Does her earning power justify child expenses if there will be any? Like most problems seems positive incentives work best, is there something that her working will help you guys accomplish that she wants? Adults don't normally need convinced the value of money right?

Big_w_powah

Trakanon Raider
how many kids and how old? Does her earning power justify child expenses if there will be any? Like most problems seems positive incentives work best, is there something that her working will help you guys accomplish that she wants? Adults don't normally need convinced the value of money right?

1 kid, 16 years old, does half the house work for an allowance.

And he's always asking to do extra chores for more allowance..

Kid loves to earn..