Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I guess the part I don't understand (maybe I'm obtuse in this regard) but why do people need convinced to work? I have wanted shit in life and then set out and worked for it. If a household needs the money to achieve goals then why are all these wives needing convincing?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I guess the part I don't understand (maybe I'm obtuse in this regard) but why do people need convinced to work? I have wanted shit in life and then set out and worked for it. If a household needs the money to achieve goals then why are all these wives needing convincing?
I think for my wife she just wants to stay at home with the kid. Prior to that she worked full time for the last 10ish years. I don't know if she'll be like the other wives here that don't want to work.

Maybe she'll work at ihop

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
it starts off legitimate but ends with them realizing dealing with rude assholes all day isn't worth the boost in shared standard of living

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
We only get one go at life, if a spouse would rather spend those years with their children then pursue other mutual goals it seems like that is the kind of things a couple should work out prior to coupling. Anytime in life you are having to coerce someone to action it's going to be a pain in the dick. Jobs/Money seems like an easier one since it shouldn't be hard to align the interest of the two partners.

So the answer to mkopec is work harder to have her see the perceived benefit of her working if you succeed you won't need to convince her to do anything as she'll want to do it.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
kinda hard to work it out prior to coupling when people's ambitions and interests change with age

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
kinda hard to work it out prior to coupling when people's ambitions and interests change with age

That's totally fair point but couple often have long standing goals, their dream vacation home, things they want to do when they retire. Desires as far as standard of living I would imagine dont usually make stark changes over time but maybe I'm wrong on that and content people suddendly become driven and vice versa but that is not what I have witnessed

Ryoz

<Donor>
Just depends. When you marry young people change. I used to like to party but my ex and I talked about settling down, buying a house, having kids. So we got married. Eventually into this plan she realized she didn't want to settle down, she didn't want to work full time or pursue her goals, she didn't want to do anything. I married a dud.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Just depends. When you marry young people change. I used to like to party but my ex and I talked about settling down, buying a house, having kids. So we got married. Eventually into this plan she realized she didn't want to settle down, she didn't want to work full time or pursue her goals, she didn't want to do anything. I married a dud.

Slowly poison her, lazy women are the worst

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Slowly poison her, lazy women are the worst

He did. During sex he introduced biotoxin into her system that would eventually turn into a parasite, sapping all life from her body. Backfired on him, though, and he got a daughter instead. Though, that may have been his original intent.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You can basically split all of humanity into two groups.

People who think stay at home moms are lazy underachievers, and people who care about the Kardashians.

• 1Like

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
Why would anyone not want a bang maid? I think if my wife stopped working it would be totally worth the income loss to not have to do chores and shit.

• 1Solidarity

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Why would anyone not want a bang maid? I think if my wife stopped working it would be totally worth the income loss to not have to do chores and shit.

So who's Kim married to this week?

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This topic is the Wendy's Quality topic of the marriage thread.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Just throw everything out, like fucking everything. Our houses are so full of useless shit. I don't like doing the chores but I try to make them easy as possible by getting of things that aren't needed. THrowing shit out makes me hard.
I need a dumpster and a bon fire. I have finally begun to clear out things from G and what was his mother's. It is fekkin overwhelming.

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
My wife takes like 3 hours to go to the grocery store and I hassled her about it, and she was like "DO IT YOURSELF THEN"

I came back in 40 minutes with everything we needed and she was like "fuck you"
I have been so tempted to do this. For me, its not the time, its the money. She cannot stay on a weekly food budget to save her life. I cant understand this. I can do a weeks shopping in under an hour and easily stay in the weekly budget ($150). For some reason she consistently blows through the months food budget in the first two weeks by "shopping sales" and "stocking up". I'm like woman, buy enough for a weeks worth of meals and go home. Its isnt rocket science.

But as you correctly point out, winning an argument can lose the war.