Marriage and the Power of Divorce

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
What do u do to make 130k from home.

Active trading and investment management. Obviously most people those particular things are not an option as it's very capital intensive to be able to make a living, but even for the 5 years prior to that when I was consulting was still able to be home 90% of the time but I did still have to travel out of town and have wife deal with home during that time. Last two years is first time in 20 yr relationship where now I bend to her schedule instead of other way around.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Almost told my girlfriend I love her this weekend. Luckily I passed out and woke up sober.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Only a matter of time, unless you become a teetotaler. I need to propose to my girlfriend soon. I can't have Khane get married before me.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
This is what I wish I had done as a career, can't really complain about how things turned out, but getting really good at something you hate left me being done with it way too early

I've worked from home more years as a lawyer than I did as a software dev. :)

Ryoz

<Donor>
I dealt with that lazy wife bullshit in my first marriage. Once we finally got divorced I told myself the next lady I find will actually have a beneficial skill set and understand that working is not an option. We want to have a child but she's 35, so we're not sure if we missed the boat or not. I have a daughter from my first marriage who just turned 5 but since my wife is in family mode instead of DINK mode she wants more.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Active trading and investment management. Obviously most people those particular things are not an option as it's very capital intensive to be able to make a living, but even for the 5 years prior to that when I was consulting was still able to be home 90% of the time but I did still have to travel out of town and have wife deal with home during that time. Last two years is first time in 20 yr relationship where now I bend to her schedule instead of other way around.

Sorry bro, but most people do not have carers that allow them to do this. consider yourself lucky. I would stay home as well if afforded that type of work as im sure most people would as well. But thats not how life plays itself out for most people. I have to actually go to work for my job. So does my wife. And the fuck if Im going to let her stay at home and do nothing while I work. My kids are both teens and pretty self reliant. They can make their own meals, they can dress themselves and the older one even does some of his own laundry. They dont need a baby sitter anymore. It was our job to produce self reliant, independent kids and in that we succeeded.

The simple fact is the house does not need to be cleaned every day. Maybe once or twice a week if you are not slobs. The only thing in my house that needs constant cleaning is obviously the kitchen, which takes all of 30 min to unload the washer, load it back up and wipe everything down. Same shit with laundry, once a week activity, usually Sunday for us where both me and the wife tackle that shit while watching the Lions play or one of her shitty shows. Rest of chores are played out through the week like If I see a toilet dirty I ether have one of the kids take care of it or do it myself. Same shit with vacuuming or sweeping the hardwood floors. All of which are mere 15-30 min jobs.

Dinners? I usually do dinners since wife is pretty much useless in that regard. Practically no imagination and no skills aside opening up a can or box and following instructions on back. so dinners and most meals always fell on me anyways. I cook about 2-3 times a week, and the rest of the days is either pizza, fend for yourself day, or left overs. Again, not a big fucking deal either way. Kids can make themselves some frozen shit or can of soup or make a fucking sandwich. No one needs 3 course meals every day.

So again I ask, aside having really young, non school, kids at home that need 24/7 attention, what is the reason for anyone to stay at home? Other than obvious job that allows you to actually work from home?